Murano gets the Q's old seats?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Jberger

I was just over at http://www.nissandriven.com looking at the FX45's Nissan counterpart and noticed the seats look VERY FAMILIAR.

They appear to be the same as the original Q45 design, with the addition of lumbar. Anyone seen them upclose and compared?

The seats in my Q have always been a highlight, but I just didn't like the changes they made post 93, those felt more like a caddy than the Q. I'd love to see the originals make a comeback!

jmatas
Car: Infiniti stuff, Steelers and Penn St. Football, Ferrari F1, Apple computers, spending money

Certainly looks like the same design, if not right out of the parts bin. I'm digging the Murano, although the back end looks a little too PT Cruiser for my tastes. It's no FX.

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

Hard to tell for sure since I can't find an image of the bottom cushion....

But nice to see it'll have a CVT!!! I want to get some CVT cars on the road for operational readiness testing. Would like to have a CVT on my next car, me thinks.... (but don't want to be the first!!).

Hopefully a CVT will be offered on the G35 and 350Z in the next year or two.

EWT

Jberger wrote:The seats in my Q have always been a highlight, but I just didn't like the changes they made post 93, those felt more like a caddy than the Q. I'd love to see the originals make a comeback!

I agree. The seats in the 90-93s are the best sedan type seats I've ever sat in. I've never sat in a seat more comfortable for a 10 hour drive. They provide pretty decent support for fast driving too for seats that don't have huge side bolsters. The post 93 seats are definitely a step down. You sit on 94+ seats rather than in them with the 90-93s. I'd love to find a 90-93 driver's seat in good shape for my 95.

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

EWT wrote:You sit on 94+ seats rather than in them with the 90-93s. I'd live to find a 90-93 driver's seat in good shape for my 95.

Same goes for new M45 (providing they use the same seats as the one in the auto show in Atlanta last spring). The side bolsters hug a lot better than even the early Q seats.

Return to “Murano Forum”