Moonroof leaking on 2017 Murano

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Murano2017Moon
Car: 2017 Nissian Murano Platinum

So, maybe I have it wrong but hopefully someone can confirm if I am right or wrong.

Recently I noticed when in the car wash I could hear water running. I could not find any leaking at first, then I put my fingers up in the track where the moonroof is. I could feel the water coming in. This only happened on the drivers side.

I took it to the dealership, they confirmed the issue and ordered a whole new moonroof, which I guess is the fix for moonroof issues. A month and a half later it gets replaced.

2 days later I take it to the car wash again to test it, even though they say they tested it, and again I can hear the water flowing. I reach up in that track inside and can feel the water flowing, and now it is even coming in on the passengers side.

I bring it back to the dealership, they look at it, but this time they tell me that is suppose to work that way.

Is that right, is water suppose to come into the car where I can see and feel it, and then flow back out? Is that the design?

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

StarRogue

That does not sound right. Go to another dealer.

CMServiceGuy
Car: 07 Murano S

Make sure the drain tubes on all 4 corners are clear.

Also, if your seal is like mine (07) it is the type where it simply folds over onto itself and is supposed to "spring" closed. The best way to see if it is leaking around the glass seal is use a flashlight from the outside. First shine the light on the seam of the glass and frame. If you can see past it then that is where your water is coming from. Secondly, you can look from the inside out (with the light shining on the seam). If you can see light then again that is where the water is coming from. IF you are not in warranty you can lift the lip of the seal and place something underneath it to ad thickness to the seal. I used O rings cut to length, add under the seal to increase the width. Worked perfectly. My sunroof is aftermarket. Not sure what your seal would look like.

Return to “Murano Forum”