Mold Issue

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TXSJaybird

That website makes me want to puke.

99q45t_vl
Car: Grey 2014 QX60
Dark Green 99 Q45t - gone

TXSJaybird wrote:That website makes me want to puke.
How can you be so insensitive? Just kidding

99q45t_vl
Car: Grey 2014 QX60
Dark Green 99 Q45t - gone

angelfire wrote:Ralph Nader is not one of my favorite people either for so many reasons. The Center for Auto Safety was founded by Nader and Consumers Union but is now independent of both.

Among their many accomplishments are the Lemon Laws in 50 states and the recall of the infamous Ford Pinto for exploding gas tanks and the Firestone 500 tire for tread separation.

They have done some good things, so lets not dismiss them for all things, there is always good and bad.
I have another idea for you. Donate the car. Do a good thing.

Jesda

angelfire wrote:That's what Peak Infiniti says, and I already know that Infiniti of Denver WILL screw itup, like they screwed up my I35.

But my research shows that even if they do open the dash to clean the AC evaporator, the mold will not be eliminated, it will return. I seem to be screwed all ways.
I think the risk of rattling is worth the possibility of preventing long-term health problems.

angelfire
Car: Infiniti M45

Jesda wrote:I think the risk of rattling is worth the possibility of preventing long-term health problems.
I agree, which is why I authorized Peak Infiniti to tear the dash out twice so they could get to the AC evaporator to clean it with bleach, and both times they wrote it up to do just that. But when I picked up the car, both times all they did was squirt in another can of Frigi-Clean... which of course didn't work.

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN MY 2003 M45 BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS CAUSED BY THE A/C SEATS. I SMOKE 2 PACKS OF MARLBORO'S A DAY SO THE SMOKE SMELL TAKES OVER THE MILDEW SMELL.....LOL ...BUT SERIOUSLY I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

SIDVICIOUS wrote:I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN MY 2003 M45 BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS CAUSED BY THE A/C SEATS. I SMOKE 2 PACKS OF MARLBORO'S A DAY SO THE SMOKE SMELL TAKES OVER THE MILDEW SMELL.....LOL ...BUT SERIOUSLY I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!
Interesting! I have not had this problem with my 2003 - else my nose is dead!

You are now the second person to mention this. How bad is it in your case?

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Angelfire,

I know you have probably tried many things already, but have you tried to call the Los Angeles Infiniti folks ad nauseum? A letter to the President of Infiniti USA may also make some difference perhaps.

Newspaper and television may be the next steps, I suppose, but it would have to be a slow news day - the media does not always help!

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Interesting, if you could find a few more owners maybe you could get them to recall it...

angelfire

The smell is so bad I have to open the windows on the worst days until the ventilation system clears out. It's a strong vinigar like smell, it's gross, not just musty, it's miles worse than musty. I know it's hard to explain, but nobody I know who's experienced it riding with me would consider keeping a car like this, it's gross, and it makes my eyes water and has given me asthma.

But of course, Infiniti refused to correct it.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

angelfire wrote:I agree, which is why I authorized Peak Infiniti to tear the dash out twice so they could get to the AC evaporator to clean it with bleach, and both times they wrote it up to do just that. But when I picked up the car, both times all they did was squirt in another can of Frigi-Clean... which of course didn't work.
You know, what you need to do is get someone to open the system to the evaporator coils and document its condition. Besides photographs, you would need qualified technical service personnel to to take sterile samples off the coil and analyze it.

Won't be cheap (~$2K -$3K), but will provide conclusive evidence for you to proceed to suit, and a press release.

angelfire

I wish.... but I doubt it's a model specific thing, it's a late model car issue with the smaller denser AC evaporators.

Among all my other hateful thoughts about Infiniti over their TOTAL refusal to correc this issue, I'm disappointed, they make a nice car, and they abandon the customer after the sale. I was wrong, but I expected better.

angelfire

maxnix wrote:You know, what you need to do is get someone to open the system to the evaporator coils and document its condition. Besides photographs, you would need qualified technical service personnel to to take sterile samples off the coil and analyze it.

Won't be cheap (~$2K -$3K), but will provide conclusive evidence for you to proceed to suit, and a press release.
I know, but I'm losing interest, I need to get rid of this car fast, I feel my breathing problem getting worse as the mold infiltrates my lungs, in the end, my health is the most important.

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

LIKE I SAID MINE IS JUST A MUSTY MILDEW ODER. IDEA! WHAT IF WE ALL WRITE A QUICK LETTER TO INFINITI FOR ANGELFIRE SAYING WE ARE DISSAPOINTED IN THEIR TREATMENT OF HIS CASE AND WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO SOMETHING. MAYBE OUR GROUP LEADER COULD SEND SOMETHING REPRESENTING ALL OF US!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”