MMA you Filthy Bastards!

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
fayceoff

Pic of the 2027 UFC Middleweight champ...

Is that not the best pic ever?!

fayceoff

^ I can't believe none of the MMA-heads have anything to say about that.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

rofl...

that's awesome.

good book too.

I need to find my copy...

fayceoff

Anyone see Frank Shamrock lose his title to Cung Le last night? It looked like over the course of 4 rounds, Le's side kicks destroyed Shamrock's right arm or elbow... Not more than 30 seconds of gorund work in the whole fight, and that's counting Le's dramatic Sanshou sweep of Shamrock in the 3rd (i think) round.

Mr1der

I missed it...heard it was a good fight though.

we've got the UFN this week too...

did you see Brian Stann get the light heavy WEC belt?

I fell asleep right before that fight

also, war Lauzon.

both he and Florian have been trash talking...should be a good fight.

Joe by heel hook.

fayceoff

Just watched the Stann replay right now. Nice. Never seen Stann take any real punches before this.

On a side note, I had a fight with my tablesaw this evening. I lost by 22 stitches. War Percocet!

Mr1der

ouch.

how'd you pull that off?

worst I've had via table saw was a small piece of aluminum getting kicked out into my stomach...or a piece of 1/4 inch plywood popping me in the left nut.

I think ours are about 4hp motors...220v table saws got some power.

also...wtf J-Lau...you're not suppose to get mounted and not even try to sweep him on his back.

ah well...BJ will have to kick his *** in training and we'll see a rematch in a year.

fayceoff

Saw with no blade guard + complacency = AJ's first stitches. Touched the bone, missed all the tendons and ligaments. I can still fight in July.

Yeah, what was up with Lauzon? He trains with BJ, for God's sake. Unfortunately, I missed Houston Alexander getting beat down again.

Mr1der

like anything dangerous...gotta show them respect.

vid of fight afterwards or gtfo

fayceoff

Yeah, no doubt. Anyone who's ever stepped into a ring or cage to fight gets respect from me. That doesn't mean I want them all to win...

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

How about that Diaz/Pellegrino fight on Wednesday? I almost love watching the lightweights more than the heavies. They still have lots of power but are a hell of a lot more agile. It's a much more energetic fight.

fayceoff

I missed that one, too - stupid job... But I saw most of the Maynard/Edgar scrap. That one was pretty good. Back and forth, but Maynard's takedowns were the deciding factor. Personally, I prefer MW and under. Funny, cuz I usually fight and grapple at LHW. That's because I'm old and too lazy to cut 20 more pounds.

xekushnr

I've got a torrent of the whole event if you're interested.

fayceoff

'if I'm interested'? Of course I'm interested. Hook me up.

xekushnr

lol. I'm emailing you at the address in your profile now.

fayceoff

Thanks. I'll go watch it.

fayceoff

Can't believe we let this thread fall by the wayside! Anybody else disgusted by the quality of the EliteXC card on CBS last weekend? Ferguson (Slice)/Thompson was ridiculous! The ref (Dan Margliotta) did the worst work I've ever seen from him. And of course Gina Carano farted in the general direction of yet another female fighter who just wanted to fight at 140 like she contracted to, coming in 4 and a half pounds overweight for the fourth time in her 6 fight career.

Mr1der

it was horrible.

I wish the WEC show was the one that made it on CBS instead. THAT was an awesome show.

Gina needs to fight at a higher weight class....that's just how it is....I dunno how many good 150 pound women are out there though...

Mirgliotta had another crappy stoppage Saturday on the Vera/Verdum fight....

Herb Dean is still the best in the business.

xekushnr

I still like Herb Dean a lot, I just wish he would let some bouts go for a few more punches. He really is one of the best in the biz though.

fayceoff

I personally think that with BJM retired, Herb Dean is the best and probably most experienced MMA ref in the country. Steve Mazigatti follows closely behind. Larry Landless was also very good, but I have no idea what happened to him... Dean and Landless are the only ones that have actually fought MMA themselves as far as I know. A lot of people forget that Herb Dean was the one who saw Sylvia's arm snap against Mir... even Sylvia didn't know it was broken until the adrenaline wore off.

Mr1der

yup.

and I'll stand by him that the call he made in Ortiz Shamrock II was the right call.

everyone I watched that with was like WTF...hell, I watched him get elbowed hard 7 times in the dome and not do anything..seemed right to me.

CAfast
Car: CA18DET powered 240sx

herb dean, mazigatti, mario yamasaki, and landless are all good referees. I didnt know there were people so into MMA on this site.

EDIT: oh...i train at Cobra kai jiu jitsu in Las Vegas with Sim Go, Sonny Nohara, Chris Holdsworth and Marc Laimon. Just a little info on me.

fayceoff

Wow. That can't be cheap... Doesn't Joe Stephenson train there, too?

CAfast

Yea. I think he opened his own gym in California under the same name if im not mistaken. Havent' seen him in a while. A lot of pro guys come here to train. Martin Kampmann, Frank Mir, Tyson Griffin, Kendall Grove just to name a few. Membership isnt that expensive either, at least compared to Extreme Couture. I pay 120 bucks a month and I do beginning bjj, intermediate bjj, muay thai kickboxing, and i need to start doing Gi stuff but i just dont like wearing the Gi.

fayceoff

I hate the gi. Well, honestly, I've never done it for real, but when I work out with the Army Combatives guys, we wear our cammies (minus boots), and it sucks! It's SO much more technical. You have to be so aware of EXACTLY where the guy's grabbing for every little thing. I much prefer No-Gi, especially for competition.

Mr1der

working the GI is good for everyday selfdefense though...especially if some fool steps up with a nice button up shirt.

CAfast

haha. yes it is. i like the double leg takedown to side control to straight arm kimura. works real good on guys with big arms.

Zjay626

Sakuraba 4 lyfe

fayceoff

Anybody see James Irvin get that nice new Joker smile on his cheek Saturday? Ouch! That one is now in my 'Top 3 Nastiest Cuts'.

Mr1der

yeah...that was pretty harsh.

he just got popped by the NSAC for painkillers too

Return to “The Sports Bar”