Mixer door actuator for1999 Q45t !!!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
toofastdan
Car: 1999 Q45t

Can't find a mixer door acturator for my 1999 Q45t with 84000 miles ! Part # 277323h103 ! Anyone have any ideas? Help !!' Thanks!!!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO! It appears to have been discontinued, as you mentioned. Your best bet is probably finding a used one. The fun part is getting a yard to pull something buried that deeply in the dash. You might check www.car-part.com, as well as keep an eye out for that series of Q in a yard like www.pullapart.com

my12by60

Please let us know if you have any success finding the part. I would also like to hear the time, difficulty and cost of getting the part installed. The heat in my 2000 AE does not work and I think I need the same part you are looking for.
I have not investing much time in getting the heat fixed because I live in Phoenix. Thanks.

toofastdan

I sure will let you know if I find one ! Getting it out not too bad . Its under the dash above the Accelerator pedal and has only 3 screws. Just unplug one wire plug and disconnect 2 rods. It comes out without removing anything else. Let me know if you find any actuators where you're at . I've had no luck .

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

I had this issue with my 94Q and 92Q. At the end of a long Sacramento summer when I switched from 65 degree AC to heat the mix door would not open. Got a bunch of codes doing the self test, removed the mix door motor and bench tested it and it worked fine. Turns out the foam liner on the mix door seals to the heater box body from non-use and won't open. I reached in and manually opened the door one time, reassembled and problem solved. After that I made a point of running the heater in my Q's at least once a month during the summer and ditto for the AC in the winter. Should be easy for Dan to check since the mix door motor has been removed.

toofastdan

My mixer door moves fine. The acturator will move a couple times and then stop working. I have it unhooked from the door and can move it while just hanging under the dash and it only works a couple of times.

ZiprHead
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45 base

Damn! I just had this problem this morning. Started the car and I hear a CLICK, CLICK, CLICK continuously. No heat coming out. I turned the thermostat down and the clicking stopped but, damn, it's getting cold out there.

Izik7291
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45t

toofastdan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 am
My mixer door moves fine. The acturator will move a couple times and then stop working. I have it unhooked from the door and can move it while just hanging under the dash and it only works a couple of times.
Hi, dan. Are you able to move the mixer door manually? If so, can you share with me the location of the mixer door? Not sure if photos can be posted here but that would be of great help if possible. Thanks in advance!

98_Q45

I doubt the original poster is still having the issue. But, atleast on the 98, you’ll want to kneel down outside of the vehicle, look deep under the dash toward the foot pedal and to the right. You’ll see something that looks like a small box with some levers connected to it leading under the dash. That’s the one you want. You can also try lifting those levers off the arms of the mixer door, and moving manually. It looks complicated, but you can’t mess it up. It’s a simple part.

toofastdan

I did find the mixer at a salvage in Dallas but it was slightly different but close enough that I could take it apart and take the motor out of it and put it in mine and it worked fine ! I’ve since sold the car.

Wowzer
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

Wow! I'd been lookin online for about a week concerning where the blend door actuator was located and someone had revealed it in this thread. I finally found it and I thank you so much to whoever said it's above the gas pedal! I found that one of those linkage pieces was unhooked and the heater door wasn't opening. The air conditioning hasn't worked in this car for a long time and the previous owner had a mechanic unhook the linkage piece that opens the heater door. I guess he thought that would keep him cooler. Anyway, it's been getting a little bit cold at night here in Tennessee and i needed the heater working. I actually thought I had a heater core problem that I couldn't afford to fix and was absolutely DREADING not having a heater in this car! Thanks for helping me out everyone!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO! I'm glad this thread helped, and thanks for taking the time to join and post!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”