Minor paint concern

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Houli715
Car: Nissan 240SX SE Convertible

I have a 1992 Nissan SX SE convertible with a white exterior and a spolier. I love bike riding and obviously cannot load my bikes into the car. I did try placing them in the back seat with the top down once though- But that was a little too much lifting, so I invested in a bike rack that I can take on and off that even folds up after use and is easy to store in my little trunk. Much better. However, although the rack is padded it seems to have rubbed off onto, or rubbed the actual paint off, slightly on my nissan. There are now these black marks on the white paint. They are minor though. Also, the metal bars that go over my spolier are not padded so they have actually chipped the paint off minorly there I tried to buff it all out, but nothing has changed. Is there any product I should try on it?
Modified by Houli715 at 11:50 PM 9/28/2008

silpena
Car: Nis1993 san 240sx super hicas(wrecked)
soon to come to s-chasis

you can get hte black marks from the tires off with some simple buffing as for the chip... if it didnt go past the clear coat then you can buff it out. You have to be carefull becuase your more prone to burning through the clear since you removed so much plus ur clear coat wont last much in that area so itll probley be one of the first spots to oxidize.

Houli715
Car: Nissan 240SX SE Convertible

Alright, thanks for the advice. I think I just need to put a little more strength behind my buffing job I think I'll be able to get the nics out too, they don't appear to be too deep.

Zydeco
Car: The poster formerly know as -]sTm[-HeavyHips

you might want to try a clay bar.

Return to “Detailing Forum”