mileage

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dal6312

its a beautiful and nicely priced car but is there any word on what the miles per gallon might be?

brettn
Car: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited

With the car coming out in September, I don't understand why this info isn't available yet.

(city/hway) Murano: 20 mpg / 24 mpgXterra: 16 mpg / 21 mpg

Since the Murano is a v6 and the Rogue is smaller than both the Xterra and the Murano, I would think that its v4 CVT would get as good (hopefully better ) than the Murano.

If this was the case you'd think that Nissan would be advertising this like crazy. The lack of published numbers is starting to concern me. My fear is that it is going to be lower than expected so they don't want to announce it yet.

I've already eliminated the '08 VUE from consideration due to the horrible mpg on the AWD model. The 16 city, 22 highway is just was too low with the current high gas prices.

Right now I get avg of 16.7 MPG on my '02 Liberty.My commute is mostly back roads so I need a higher city number.

Right now my top contenders are (some of these are the '07 mpg specs):

'08 Nissan Rogue (tbd)'08 Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD model: 29 / 27)'08 Honda CR-V (2WD: 23 / 30, 4WD: 22 / 28)'08 Mitsubishi Outlander (2WD: 20 / 27, 4WD: 19 / 26)'08 (or maybe '07) Jeep Patriot (23 / 26)

Basically I see my next car purchase coming down to two main factors...fuel economy and price!

originalstarlite

brettn wrote:With the car coming out in September, I don't understand why this info isn't available yet.

(city/hway) Murano: 20 mpg / 24 mpgXterra: 16 mpg / 21 mpg

Since the Murano is a v6 and the Rogue is smaller than both the Xterra and the Murano, I would think that its v4 CVT would get as good (hopefully better ) than the Murano.

If this was the case you'd think that Nissan would be advertising this like crazy. The lack of published numbers is starting to concern me. My fear is that it is going to be lower than expected so they don't want to announce it yet.

I've already eliminated the '08 VUE from consideration due to the horrible mpg on the AWD model. The 16 city, 22 highway is just was too low with the current high gas prices.

Right now I get avg of 16.7 MPG on my '02 Liberty.My commute is mostly back roads so I need a higher city number.

Right now my top contenders are (some of these are the '07 mpg specs):

'08 Nissan Rogue (tbd)'08 Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD model: 29 / 27)'08 Honda CR-V (2WD: 23 / 30, 4WD: 22 / 28)'08 Mitsubishi Outlander (2WD: 20 / 27, 4WD: 19 / 26)'08 (or maybe '07) Jeep Patriot (23 / 26)

Basically I see my next car purchase coming down to two main factors...fuel economy and price!
Yes, there will be a surprise on that sticker, but not for the reason you suspect. I was watching a tv car show last week (Motorweek) and they addressed a consumer conplaint that the sticker does not equate well to actual mileage. Well starting on the 08 stickers, there is a major change to the formula that will result in a far more accurate estimate.

The Rogue will have this new formula. It may be disappointing at first, but it will not be blowing the smoke that you read now. The others will have to get the formula also in 08 so it will all become relative.
Modified by originalstarlite at 7:35 AM 7/25/2007

motoguy128
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S - 6 Speed

I'm curious how the EPA numbers turn out. Using 2007 numbers...

THe Altima 2.5 with CVT is 26/34The Sentra Se-R with the 2.5 is 27/33The Accord 2.4L 4 cylinder with 5 speed auto is 24/34

The Honda CRV 2WD with the Accord powertrain, a shorter final drive, being less aerodynamic and about 200lbs heavier is 23/30, with AWD it's 22/28.

Therefore, I'd estimate the Rogue being most laikely about 100lbs heavier than the Altima, and less aerodynamic that the Sentra, would be about 24/30 with 2WD, ans 23/28 with AWD. This would make it comparable to the RAV4 4 cylinder and CRV but with a lot more power for the same price.

I think this will be a BIG winner for Nissan if the interior is mature enough while being unique similar to the Altima for the mainstream buyer and not to "youthful".

My wife is looking at a Murano to replace her '06 Altima when the lease expires in a year... but the Roque might be the ticket.... at almost $10,000 cheaper if you can live without some of the luxury features the Murano offers a wimpy 1500lb towing capacity.

I think Nissan should have considered putting the 2.0L engine in it for a roomier alternative to the Sentra. This would be a great platform to test out a 2.0L Renault diesel with that "bluetech" type emmission system.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Finally, Nissan News has released the full specs, with EPA Fuel Economy listed as:

AWD City/Highway 21/26

2WDCity/Highway 22/27

http://nissannews.com/nissan/2...s.pdf

mquebe

I was really hoping for better mpg on the highway...I was looking for something like 24/30.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

originalstarlite wrote:Yes, there will be a surprise on that sticker, but not for the reason you suspect. I was watching a tv car show last week and they addressed a consumer complaint that the sticker does not equate well to actual mileage. Well starting on the 08 stickers, there is a major change to the formula that will result in a fall more accurate estimate.

The Rogue will have this new formula. It may be disappointing at first, but it will not be blowing the smoke that you read now. The others will have to get the formula also in 08 so it will all become relative.
If originalstarlite is correct, then this mileage result will not seem as weak, once manufacturers start applying this "new formula."

mquebe

yeah the 07 numbers are inflated compared to the 08 numbers. I figure the Rogue will probably get a combined of 24 mpg which is not bad. I refuse to drive a hybrid not yet anyway. There is no style. Come on Rogue we are ready for you.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Those numbers don't seem right to me.

Based on the numbers for the altima with CVT.. i'd have guessed the Rogue would be more like 23/29 or somewhere around there. They must have set the CVT for a little lower gearing in case the person chooses to tow or something..

That's dissapointing.

I bet the VQ35 would have gotten better gas milage than that.

mquebe

I was figuring about the same numbers you are stating. It is a bit disappointing. As it stands now it will get the same mpg as the Honda CRV.But I would rather drive the Rogue. There is no other suv out there that comes close in mpg. I have checked them all out.

philipa_240sx

Altima and Rogue have similar tow ratings. 1000lbs each (Rogue SL is rated for 1500lbs). I don't believe it is a gearing issue.

I think the 'lower' fuel economy ratings are a direct result of the new testing procedures. The 08' Alty 2.5S Coupe with CVT is rated at 23/31. 22/27 on the Rogue seems about right. Same motor, but the Rogue weighs 172lbs more (Rogue 2wd S trim vs. Alty Coupe 2.5S) and has more drag.

Compare '07 vs. '08 mileage for other makes/models and you will see a similar drop:

'07 Honda element 4cyl/5AT 22/27, '08 dropped to 20/25'07 Mazda Tribute 4cyl/4AT 23/28, '08 dropped to 20/26

Source http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ratings2008.shtml
Eikon wrote:Those numbers don't seem right to me.

Based on the numbers for the altima with CVT.. i'd have guessed the Rogue would be more like 23/29 or somewhere around there. They must have set the CVT for a little lower gearing in case the person chooses to tow or something..

That's dissapointing.

I bet the VQ35 would have gotten better gas milage than that.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Great info

takeninfla

Return to “Rogue Forum”