Memory seat module location

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
bocian320
Car: 2012 M37S (hopefully)

Memory seat module location

Postby bocian320 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 pm

Hey everyone. I got my M at an insurance auction last year and I recently got it finished and on the road, finally :woot: . Just a few finishing touches and rims. I'll post before and after photos soon! I love this car. It's just awesome!
I need help with the memory seats. Does anyone know where the driver memory seat control module is located? (Part number 98800-1ME0A) I assumed it was under the seat but I did not see it after removing the seat and looking underneath. Did I just miss it? Or is it located somewhere else? :confused:
The memory seats don't work. I searched online and found that this module may be the cause. They're on eBay and are fairly inexpensive so I figured I'd give it a shot. The memory seat buttons on the door switch light up and I checked the connection and it's good but I get no response when pushing any of the buttons. My seat also does not heat or cool. All issues are only with the driver's seat. Passenger seat works fine. I'm guessing/hoping it's related so when I eventually fix one, the other will work as well. The yellow light on the seat heat/cool knob lights up when I turn it on and then goes off after a couple of seconds. It stays off for a little while, then turns on again for the same few seconds and off again for a while but nothing happens with the seat. It does the same when it's on heat or cool. Anyone ever had this happen or know where this module is located?
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

VStar650CL
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Re: Memory seat module location

Postby VStar650CL » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 am

If memory serves (pun intended), the ADP module should be under the dash to the left of the steering column. There will also be a Seat Controller underneath the driver's seat. The Seat Controller is generally a CAN device readable with a scanner, the ADP isn't (it usually has a bit-bang LIN link to the Seat Controller).

bocian320

Postby bocian320 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:44 pm

Thank you!
I will take a look this weekend and see if that fixes this issue. I'll be sure to update if it fixes my issues. I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem.
Thanks again

bocian320

Postby bocian320 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:45 pm

Well "this weekend" ended up being a month later. Found the module. It was exactly where you said it was gonna be. Thank you Vstar!!
Sad to report this the memory seats stills don't work and the seat doesn't heat or cool. When I turn it on (heat or cool) the yellow light on the seat heater dial turns on then turn off within a few seconds and the seat doesn't heat or cool. Passenger seat works flawlessly.
Gonna have to keep digging. A trip to the stealership looks to be in my future.
Anyone had this issue?
Any and all help is appreciated
Thanks

VStar650CL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Postby VStar650CL » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 pm

That sounds like a wiring or ground issue underneath the seat and not the ADP at all. Both the main seat controller and the climate controller are under there. They don't share power but they do share a common ground at B7. I don't have ASIST at the moment and Identifix doesn't show the location, but there are other systems on it so I don't think the ground terminus will be the issue. More likely it's a chafed wire or a burnt connector pin under the seat.

bocian320

Postby bocian320 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. I'll take the seat out and go through all the wiring next chance I get.

kdreger
Car: 2012 M37

Postby kdreger » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:49 pm

So, what was the final outcome of the seat issue? I would like to know because mine does the same thing......
Ken

bocian320

Postby bocian320 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:59 pm

Well I did not yet dive into removing the seat itself but I found this post on myg37 site. Symptoms seem to be identical. Looks like it is all pointing to wiring in the seat itself. Kinda odd that this is seemingly a bit common. Maybe there's a part that is the culprit for these issues. As soon as I get some time, I'll be taking the seat out and inspecting the entitle harness. Will post info

https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-te ... s-off.html

bocian320

Postby bocian320 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:29 am

So just wanted to update on this pesky issue since I made some progress. I took the door panel off and took the seat out and cleaned all the connections. Couldn't see any issues with the connections, maybe it was just loose but the memory seats now work!

The driver seat still does not heat or cool but I also found the culprit. It is the climate control module for the driver seat. One of the connectors had melted and fused with the module. Seems to be a common issue with infinitis. I found this link as well, again from myg37.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-te ... rly-2.html

There's even a reply on there from an m37 owner with the same issue. So if anyone has the problem of the seat not heating or cooling, the connections to this module would be the first thing I would check as it seems like a common issue. Mine also had the symptom of the light on the seat heat/vent dial coming on for a few seconds and then turning off.
Ordered the module for 60$ off of eBay, can't wait to get it and replace it!
Part number for this front driver seat climate control module is 873D6-1MA0A and it's located under the seat. Very easily accessible once the seat is removed. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

VStar650CL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Postby VStar650CL » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 pm

bocian320 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:29 am
The driver seat still does not heat or cool but I also found the culprit. It is the climate control module for the driver seat. One of the connectors had melted and fused with the module. Seems to be a common issue with infinitis. I found this link as well, again from myg37.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-te ... rly-2.html
That is a common problem, and it's almost always the ground pin that melts and fails. There's a bulletin about it on the Murano and Titan, NTB19-004:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/ ... 9-9999.pdf

I believe the pigtail kit specified in the bulletin is the same for all Nissan/Infiniti products with Peltier-type climate seats, although your wire colors will probably differ. DO NOT RE-USE THE OLD CONNECTOR PINS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Once the contacts overheat, even if the metal still has integrity, the plating will be destroyed. It will still have high resistance even if it's thoroughly cleaned, and it will corrode in a hurry even if it doesn't heat up. So you'll be dealing with the same problem all over again in very short order.

bocian320

Postby bocian320 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 pm

Thank you for the advice, :dblthumb: that makes complete sense. I was planning on trying to reuse the connector, then I'd be redoing this again soon.
I just ordered an entire seat wire hardness from eBay for $45 so it's well worth it.
Almost there with this annoyance...

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”