Maxima MAF issues... IAT... IAC...

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
dtuner
Car: 95 Nissan Maxima (full R34 front conversion)

Hey all!

Ok so here's my dilema. I am looking to replace my MAF on my 95 Maxima GTR... lol i know you guys want to know what that is so here's a link to see it.

OK, my car stalls and idles around 600rpm. I am running 25lbs of fuel with a stillen regulator and spark something or other (on the vehicle). I know stock pressure is 34psi but when i put it up too high it floods... My MAF was cleaned by me 3 times with the cleaner and i have had good results. It's gotten worse and my thought is to replace the MAF because it's common.

Someone told me that if i replace it i should change it to either an E60 or N60 and possibly change/clean the IAC as well. What's the diffrence in those MAF sensors? Will i have to change pigtails if i swap them?

I was told there is a common carbon build up in the IAC that can screw with the idle. IAT has module from ebay on wires (helped but only for a month or so).

Please i'm open to ideas before sinking my money into the wrong parts...

SERVQ
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra VQ'd

a way you may be able to diagnos an IAC. so I am guessing you have a vq30de. on the harness, the EVAP or purge control solenoid has the exact same connector as your IAC. you unplug the evap line to open air, and disconnect the solenoid(it should have 6 pins) and plug you IAC connector to it and it stops stalling, then you need a new IAC(or if you are not green friendly, just leave it). you could just try cleaning it out... mine was really carboned up aswell. if your car runs fine up in RPM, then your maf should be good to go...

dtuner
Car: 95 Nissan Maxima (full R34 front conversion)

that's the thing. when rpms are higher it's ok, but occasionally chokes itself to the point where the engine stutters while cruising at like 65mph...

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Older MAF designs suffered from solder crystalization after 10-15-20 years, creating intermittent contacts. Re-solder the pads which go to external connector and the pads which go to actual sensor [off circuit board]..................use microscope to see problem.

Special rosin core solder and tiny pencil tip soldering iron, magnifying glass and the precision tools.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”