Master Cylinder "Recall"

All things Altima Coupe.
DAAN.

Replaced it
Thanks !

anderbt
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima SL

I just started experiencing this issue with my 2012. Dealer wanted to charge me $165.00 "Diagnostic Fee". Said they would apply it if it was the issue.

Does this seem right?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

anderbt wrote:I just started experiencing this issue with my 2012. Dealer wanted to charge me $165.00 "Diagnostic Fee". Said they would apply it if it was the issue.

Does this seem right?
I would find another dealership - that does not sound reasonable to me, offhand.

Welcome to NICO!

Nick2017
Car: Nissan rogue 2013

I purchased a Nissan Rogue 2013 two years back.
At 46,000 miles the front left bearing broke, and Master brake cylinder had to be replaced last week.
We owned a Nissan Sentra, stick shift, and it was a great car. We owned it for more than ten years.
Sorry to report that the quality of Nissan is appalling now. I am scared to keep this car as I am finding out that the CVT is a problem too. The service manager at Nissan Kline- Maplewood explicitly told me today that the transmission is faulty(2013 model) and they get a lot of cars with problems regularly.

I had to pay 10% of the repair cost and pay for flushing the brake fluid. This dealership is a milking machine. The service manager is so rude and unprofessional. We took our car twice for brake trouble and they could not find any problems. Does any trained mechanics work here or this is a trick to milk customers. Are we going in for heart surgery right? What is a couple of things which could go bad when you have had a history of faulty master brake cylinders?

Here is the typical run down.
1. These guys will keep telling you that they can't find any problems.
2. Offer you a loaner at $20 and then cut a deal to make you feel better.
3. Find something to pass the buck even if it's a quality issue.
4. Humiliate you and make you feel that they are doing a big favor by serving you.
5. This service manager treats his colleagues like dirt and is so unprofessional. I feel so sorry that people here have to work for this fearmonger and toxic manager.

After one-two days to just diagnose a problem with no clear answers they will recommend a bunch of additional expensive tests and give you a big estimate. Any trained professional should be able to tell by the basic information you give them. When brakes are not functioning properly and are working sporadically the first thing that could go wrong is Master brake cylinder. They have had this problem in many Nissan cars. I know they use the same parts for other models. They wanted to charge me for replacing my bearing too, and when I asked them about warranty and recalled(contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs), they quickly changed the tune and made me feel that it was big favor they are doing to fix it.

So sad to know that this company is not what it used to be and now I am stuck with this low-quality product which can break down anytime and is dangerous for my family.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”