Mass fuel flow air sensor

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Sexy Rexy
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest SE

2004 Nissan Quest SE at dealer. Wants to replace mass air flow sensor and mass fuel flow air sensor. Never heard of fuel sensor. Anyone know what that is or what it costs? They want $975.00 to do work.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Pester them until they tell you. Often the intake air temp sensor is incorporated into the same mass air sensor (MAF) part as they are easily combined, they may have misconstrued the name on purpose to make you think they are changing two parts when they are only changing one and it sounds better to justify the too high price.

Ask them where the two are located, ask them what they do, don't just let it slide by, they are using tech terms and wrongly to baffle you more to cave in on 'more work' not done. It looks like the MAF can be changed in 10 minutes there and easy as spit. Of course you may well need a computer update of some type and don't be surprised at that. They could be talking about the primary O2 sensors there, they called that 'air fuel ratio sensor 1' back then and harder to get to to change.

FYI Rock Auto MAF price from $80-125 depending in if you want it with or without the round cylindrical housing, yours likely still useable. I looked at service manual and the only other part besides fuel regulator in fuel tank was a fuel damper in fuel line to damp out pump pulsations. Those rarely go bad.

Dealers often pull non-valid parts out of their -ss now to fuddle peoples' minds and get them to be quiet when stacking charges, they know a lot of people get confused by long wordy terms that may well be bogus and then the customer just lies back and takes it.

If you are not getting primary O2s changed there you are paying WAAAAAYYY too much.

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

Yeah, get them to show you both parts on their ordering system's diagram as distinct parts. That will give you an idea where they are located as well. MAF replacement only needs additional 2x gaskets, so the price does sound overinflated from where I am. Keep us posted.

chefnee
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest SE

MAF sensor replacement isn't difficult. All it is is a part swap. I got mine online. It shouldn't cost more than $150 for the part. Don't go too cheap. Usually those near the bottom price range may have reliability issues. If you do it your self, it'll take no longer than 30 minutes. I am not familiar with the Mass Fuel flow air sensor, so I can't comment on that. As for the stated amount of $975 is a bit excessive.

Return to “Quest Forum”