manual for power seats

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
whitewolf74
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 2.2D

Hello all
Newbie here.
i have a 67 plate Q50 2.2D Cross between a premium and a luxe version as in a majority of the features are from premium but missing heated power seats and flappy paddles!
So i have managed to score a set of power seats from a Q50 sport and looking to swap for my manual ones.
I have done this once but plugged them in and....... nothing no movement nothing at all.
Has anyone managed to do the swap? All connections are the same from the manual to the power seats. The fuse is in place and active not sure what i am missing. I would imagine they would use the same wiring harness to save on money?

Getting a bit frustrated and confused

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I can't get to ASIST on a Sunday, but Identifix shows the same power connector and hookups for both seats. They do have separate fuses, the RH seat goes through fuse 20 in the inside fuse block, the LH has a 40A fusible link in the underhood box plus a circuit breaker someplace near the radio. BUT (big but), the documentation isn't clear about the memory seat capabilities. If your old driver seat didn't have memory and the new one does, then it's expecting to talk to an Automatic Drive Positioner that your car won't have. That will make getting it to work impossible without doing some sort of DIY rewire around the ADP. This could be a big can of worms.

whitewolf74

Hi VStar650cl
Thanks for your reply. the seat does not have automatic positioner just power movement. I have spent some MORE time on it this afternoon with a multimeter and a car electrician and we have gone through everything on the seat checked the fuses. There is power going to the main activation block. The other connectors go to air bags and seat belt function.
everything checks out, the final thought is that the BCM has to be programmed to say that the car now has power seats?
Think the some infiniti have power seats but no memory but not sure on this one?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

whitewolf74 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:07 am
Think the some infiniti have power seats but no memory but not sure on this one?
You're most welcome. Yah, the Identifix WD's indicate they all had power seats but they're fuzzy about whether they all had memory. There's supposedly a CAN-connected controller in the driver's seat regardless of type, so there may well be a configuration issue. I'll be at the shop for at least a little while tomorrow, I'll take a look in ASIST and see if I can find anything obvious.

whitewolf74

Hey Vstar
Did you have any joy with ASIST? Thank you for all your help

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Crazy last couple of days, never got a chance but I'll look today.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Okay, this is a very odd setup. The WD's show the driver seat control module talking directly to the CANbus, but the Auto Drive Position controller doesn't talk to CAN. Very weird. I also don't see anything in the BCM config options to indicate it needs configuration for ADP. So I think your seat may wake up if you just connect it to CAN. There should be a twisted pair of PNK/BLU wires at the extreme end of the connector for the seat controller in the under-seat harness. Try jumping them to the bus at the BCM or cluster. Don't try to jump in at the CAN Gateway because there are several sets of PNK/BLU, and you can't go to the DLC because of the Gateway. The jump has to be direct into the correct leg of the bus. The long black connector at the BCM and smaller connector at the cluster each have only one PNK/BLU set and are the right bus section. Try jumping from the seat controller PNK/BLU to one of those PNK/BLU's and see if the seat awakens.

augustinn_13
Car: ???? Infiniti Q50 Premium 2.2D

Hi Whitewolf74,

Was wondering if you managed to figure it out? I am thinking to do the same - not sure if its a lost cause or not. Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”