MAS and SPIN & ABS Error

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
HansCC
Car: 1999 Y33 Cima

Simple thing - I needed to change the left light bulb. My Lincoln take 5 min - my 1999 Q45 - LOLZ - I have a list now on how to do it on the q45 -
My 1999 is 20years old and plastic and gaskits are starting to show age...

So I was trying to get the electrical plug off the MAS and I damaged the MAS - DOH - stuff happens.
My Q45t only has 69k - and still running great except after I damaged the MAS.
Just trying to change a light bulb - easy - lolz (NOPE)
Before I tried to change the light bulb I notice the car for the last 2 months was sluggish anyway - and I had just changed all the coil packs to Hitachi's a year ago. Plugs were also changed...
I was worried it was the knock issue or I needed new coil packs - It would run ok but just had that pause when you get the gas so I knew something was up....
So after I broke the MAF and ordered a new one I got the new one installed. Big difference in performance so it must have been time and I got lucky.
Advanced Auto Parts = $126.00
Online with free Amazon Prime shipping = $26.00 and wait 1 day - I waited 1 day - :)
This Nissan part also fits Maxima and other nissans -

Is your old Q45 2nd gen running sluggish? Change the MAS module.
So if you get the SPIN and ABS light error at the same time along with the CHECK ENGINE SOON (this showed up after I broke the connection trying to get it off) change out the Mass Airflow and all better. In fact the car is running way better - so my fumble mistake really worked out ok -

Part details on Amazon: Mass Air Flow Meter Sensor Compatible for Infiniti I30 J30 Q45 Nissan Maxima MAS Sensor Replace 22680-31U00 74-10035 (3 Prong)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KS ... UTF8&psc=1

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”