made a mess in my hatch ughh

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
silpena
Car: Nis1993 san 240sx super hicas(wrecked)
soon to come to s-chasis

damn, i spilled tranny fluid all over my hatch. I was carrying a tranny and one sudden stop made it knock over and spill fluid. I guess cardboard under it wasn;t enough. I did not have the carpet in since i took it off to clean it(thank god), but it spread all over the passenger side. SOme of it got on the rear panels and over my fuel pump protective strip or whatever that thing i called. I had to take it off since it was soaked in fluids. i tried getting most of it but it still smells like tranny fuild. wth do i have to do to get it out? i washed most of it off. Can i go crazy near fuel pump? or will water get in? I'm thinking about pulling the panels out and decreasing them and shampooing them with the carpet. I've thrown out the spare wheel cover since that was soaked in it also. My main concern is if i spray water near the fuel pump and whats good to use to get greasy tranny fulid smell and feel out.

H8tred

I say leave it in there, rust protection!. Why the hell didn't you drain the fluid before transporting it?

On a more serious note though, I don't think there is going to be too much you can do to get it out. Just about anything you do including picking your nose near it will negate the crappy interior quarter panel "rust proof" coating making you 100% guaranteed to develop rust on the driver side lower rear wheel well. I guess you could try wiping it out with a cloth dampened with a Dawn mixture. I would seriously consider spraying some under coating in there afterwards though.

silpena
soon to come to s-chasis

i did have it drained... but i guess there was some still in. I was hoping it all fall into my spare wheel drain but no it didn't. I got most of it off but on hot humid days i can still smell it. Later on the road i will tear out all the panels and wash it. I useed simple green. I don't have to worry about my qp. I Didn't spray water in there but i found a twisted soda can lodged in there.... kinda wierd. Its gonna be too hard to get it out. The mtf won't make it rust. I Know to wipe any water off in those wheel wells. Thanks i live in cali where its dry as hell 80% of the summer. I still have to take my carpet and wash it at the dry cleaners to get out the mtf.

fiznowler
Car: 97 240sx se, 5 speed, paint, tan leather interior. vg30dett swap in progress.
86 300zx NA Daily Driver
Too many other nissans and parts to list!

I had to see what this thread was about after reading the title.... I spilled some oil in my 97 prelude when I had it and it was a real PITA to get out . I think it happend because god hates hondas. I ended up using some handcleaner stuff to get it out. It actually worked pretty good (the slimey kind). Good luck if you haven't already got it out.

silpena
soon to come to s-chasis

no still havnt got it out. I'm gonna have to take all the panels in the hatch out and clean it. ITs still in little places i can't get to with out taking all the panels which i am too lazy too... can't smell that much anymore just hot humid days.

destroyyourmind
Car: 89 240sx hatch ka24de. 91 240sx hatch.

purple power works wonders esp on oil and ****.

Phaze*2_Mizzark
Car: Lifted Titan Dumped Silvia

damn, sorry to hear that brotha.. hope you get that smell out too... stuff dont smell too great

silpena
soon to come to s-chasis

i tired and can never get it out. Its like gotten into the cracks of everything in the hatch and places where i can wash it..... oh well it ain't that bad unless ihave all windows closed on a hot day. I just leave my sun roof ope and its all good.

silpena
soon to come to s-chasis

silpena wrote:i tired and can never get it out. Its like gotten into the cracks of everything in the hatch and places where i can wash it..... oh well it ain't that bad unless ihave all windows closed on a hot day. I just leave my sun roof open and its all good. What makes me mad is the guy who was supposed to buy the tranny decided not to. So i drove 25 miles and made a stinky in my car for nothing.

Return to “Interiors”