m37 reverse lights and backcamera not functioning

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
redpillarz
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37

So I have been at this for a week. Issue has been longer. Have read a ton replaced and replaced the Reverse relay that is behind the dash right side top right relay. I read someone went about this and this was the solution. It is not for me.
My camera and backup lights don't engage. I have gone into the service settings and my camera is functioning in the diagnostics screen. When I engage it into reverse in the diagnostics it doesn't come back as in reverse. I don't know what the
next step would be. Camera seems fine, new relay as long as it was like the guy said the top right relay behind dash. The fuses seemed to be fine that I checked. Thanks for any insight.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The TCM is responsible for turning the backup lamp relay on and off, so start by making sure the relay is getting a signal from it. Your wiring diagram is on EXL-44 to EXL-46 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FEXL.pdf

The manual is a little stilted, the connector pinouts are located with the harness instead of the wiring diagram. The backup relay is on PG-115 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 2%2FPG.pdf

You can tell if you're on the right relay by the wire colors, it should have Light Green, Red, Brown, Beige wires. LG and BR should have power at all times, BG is the output to the lamps, R leads to the TCM and should have weak power through the coil and then go to ground when you shift to reverse. If it does, the problem is downstream from the relay, if not there's a problem in the TCM wire or the TCM itself.

redpillarz

Best help I have ever had online. I appreciate the time you took to help. the manuals are a bit over whelming. Now my A/C unit isn't reactionary. Not sure what happened it stays on and doesn't turn off. I took apart the system thought maybe i hooked the wiring harness between the control unit backward since it can be flipped. No luck. A/c is now of bigger concern for me. I can't seem to find the TCM unit but might quit on that venture and forget about the backup camera. I did reset all my settings in the computer as far as average mileage etc, not sure what setting it was. Now I can't seem to get the diagnostics screen to come back up holding down settings and scrolling the volume knob. New battery has been installed as well. Basically just need my A/c to be reactionary again.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The TCM is inside the tranny, you need to check that stuff at the relay and not the TCM. If you mean the blower motor for the A/C, chances are your VBC (blower resistor) is melted short-circuit. Nissan VBC's all use MOSFET transistors for switching, and the "MOS" stands for "Metal Oxide Semiconductor". When they fail, it's about a 50-50 crapshoot whether they fail open and the blower quits or fail short and the blower runs at top speed all the time. Melted ones are almost always the result of a blower motor going bad (sucking too much startup current), so you should always replace the motor along with the VBC. Even if the motor seems good, it probably isn't.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - The blower and VBC are both easy jobs and located right next to one another behind the glove box. See VTL-16 here, the VBC is #4 in the diagram and the blower is #6. Five screws total to remove both:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FVTL.pdf

redpillarz

Have a used Cd player otw. Called infiniti they want 170 for the uploading of the software that I'm confident I deleted. Used Cd player is like 60 bucks so gonna take that route. Don't think I fried anything because it stopped being reactive after I reset the settings. Unfinished configuration 21 and control unit is marked red.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you mean your AV Unit isn't responding, check the "audio" fuse in the Fuse & Relay Box under the hood. It's usually the first thing to pop when you hook up anything backwards, and it will usually disable the audio and buttons but leave the display working. It's very unlikely you erased any firmware. That stuff is all stored in long-duration flash, it isn't like a PC where it's stored on a separate internal drive.

redpillarz

Everything function but a/c controls. It's just on Auto and working fine.Image

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The image isn't coming through on my browser, but do you mean the blower speed doesn't respond, or none of the A/C controls respond? If it's just the blower, you probably have a melted VBC as mentioned earlier.

redpillarz

The new cd player fixed the problem for 60 bucks. Dealer wanted 180 to put a cd in it. As far as backup camera I'm giving up

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”