M35H Gearbox Issues UK Garage Advice

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
BingleyDamo
Car: 2011/12 Infiniti M35H

I own an M35H 2011 and since it had 40K on the clock, its had an issue when changing between 3rd/4th gear where it doesn't slip straight into 4th and revs very high before dropping into 4th and if you aren't ready and have your foot off the gas, the whole car bangs and shakes as it finds gear. You can control it by taking your foot on the pedal when you see it happening. The engine light then comes on and sometimes the car goes into limp home mode which clears after a stop/start.

I did take the car to Infiniti in Leeds, UK who told me it needed a new Hybrid battery and wanted over £1000 plus vat for it but this didn't resolve the issue...then the pandemic came and then Infiniti pulled out of Europe and I can't get any other garage to take a look at it now because of the car and because its a hybrid etc...has anyone else had issues similar to this and can anyone in the UK, recommend a good trusted reliable garage who would be able to take a look at this issue for me and not try rip me off like Infiniti did with the battery?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome!

Unfortunately, our UK presence on this forum is quite light. It may be best to look around on a service such as Yelp or it's UK compatriot to see who's known for good work with Infiniti or Japanese cars.

Mickey917
Car: Infiniti M35H

Hello there,

The flare/slip from 3rd to 4th Gear (or from 4th to 5th gear, it depends) is quite common on this 7at transmission. You will find a lot of posts here and there for different nissan infiniti models that share this transmission. As far as I know, it never put an engine light on the board... And it has nothing to do with the hybrid battery.

Did you get an engine light everytime it slips/flares ?

When you floor down the gas, does it still slips/flares or is only during light pressure ?

Have you an obd tool to see what error codes you get ?

Did you ever drain and fill your transmission ?

Did you get the recall for reprogrammation of the hybrid unit/transmission/ecu ?

There is no more infiniti but there is nissan. Here in France some nissan shops have the infiniti agreement. You should have the same in UK ?

Cheers

Edit : you have a shop in Leeds https://www.infiniti.com/europe/en-gb/auto-repair.html

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”