M35 Fog Light Replacement

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Very easy replacement. I recommend you do BOTH so you don't have to go through this twice and both lamps will be equally new looking.
The FSM shows clearly how to remove the bottom bumper filler. This is how I did mine on my 07. Mind you, if you are in the north, temps are pretty low and plastic might be a bit brittle. I had to yank VERY hard on mine to get the tabs to let go. Actually afraid I was going to snap it in two, but didn't. Just be carefull while yanking hard and place painter's tape around the section of the bumper where this piece will pop out. it WILL scratch the paint if you don't.
You need FSM page 19 in the "EI" section.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/M/2007_M45-M35/ei.pdf
As for where to buy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driving-Fog-Lig ... 43c126a2c3
Pair - LH + RH

DH3
Car: 2006 M45S

2006m35 wrote:hi rh4motorsports -

did you use 26155-8990A = part number?
and if so, how long did it take to install?
I did what Larz outlined. I also did what pedsemdoc did while I had the grills out. Repainted them black.

Nice pics here : http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/PedsE ... k.jpg.html

You have the correct part number for the Sentra lights. They are an EXACT fit. I went with the cheap non-oem Sentra lights with plastic. No issues after a year. Nice and clear still. The reflector inside is a bit different but it's not noticeable in light output. Which is actually nil unless you go with and HID or LED setup. I pulled my HIDs and went to a 3200lm led kit and the look is, IMHO, much cleaner than the 4300k Phillips I had in. Not as powerful, but immensely better than a halogen bulb. I had also replaced my original D2S bulbs with new 4300k Phillips bulbs at the same time and Whoa! what a difference. The low beams were so much stronger that it kinda made up for the HID being pulled from the fog lamps.

As stated a number of times. Be gentle removing the grills. Definitely use the painters tape when it comes to the prying steps. I did not on the first grill and scratched the bumper so unnecessarily.

2006m35
Car: 2006 Infi m35

Btw guys - just following up so everyone can benefit -- I ended up getting the sentra lights from eBay for $50 and installed at a non-dealer for $50 - and they fit perfectly fine. Just a minor diff b/ween the OEM and mine but hardly noticeable - and definitely not worth the extra $500 i would have spent at the dealers!

thank you to everyone on the forum.

MOWellsinVA
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport (Obsidian Black w/ Graphite interior)

I discovered that my driver's side fog light lens had completely shattered. I have ordered the Sentra fog light pair using the link in this thread. Any addional advice on removing the grill inserts? The shop manual instruction are a bit vague to me, especially concerning using a plastic spatula to release the pawls.

MOWellsinVA

If anyone could help me out on pulling ou the lower grilles on the M45 Sport, I would appreciate it. I have bought a plastic trim tool set that I assume that I need to use to initially loosen the plastic pawls, but I don't know exactly where or how to insert the plastic "spatula" to start the process. As I said above, I find the shop manual instructions confusing on this point.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

I found it easiest to work from both sides at once when I did mine. I removed the splash shield and the two fender liners. That allowed me squeeze a couple of the clips from the back while pulling them from the front. It was a quite a pain - but I got them both off without cracking or breaking anything. I followed Larz's recommendation to apply plenty of painters tape to avoid scratching the paint. The biggest pain was the supposedly simple clip that supposedly loosened up when you twisted it with a screwdriver. It seemed to more mangle it than help.

MOWellsinVA

Kmiles:

Thanks for the tip. Looks like a much more incvoled process than what I was hoping for. Removing the splash shield and fender liners would be a lot easier with the vehicle up on a lift.

Infiniti_M35B
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Base/ 3.5L RWD

I was going to purchase this pair from amazon seem to fit the part numbers.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002PQW5 ... USCDLQZA4J

Also, i need to replace the bulbs but i dont know the color temp my head lights are ds2 600k and i want it to match the fog lights bulb any ideas on which ones they could be???

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Are your low beam stock? If they are, they are D2S 4300k.

Infiniti_M35B
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Base/ 3.5L RWD

Really i thought they were 6000k thank you for that... So do you think these will match the lowbeams they say they're 4200k
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002E2SJ ... PDKIKX0DER

bcfromsd
Car: 2010 m35

I bought these almost 2 years ago, have worked amazing, so much brighter and most importantly they match the HID headlamps. Plug N Play
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LN ... UTF8&psc=1

bcfromsd
Car: 2010 m35

YaMarnis
Car: Nissan Fuga 450gt 2008

Hi there, I have a Nissan 2008 450gt or known as M45, I am not sure of how to get the front casing off without breaking anything or should I go from behind in the wheel area?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”