LSX cooling system?

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

Im doing a lq4 in a s14 curious about your guys opinion on the surge tank and "steam" lines. Im not sure whether to block em off or just run em to a highest point and make a surge tank or what.

Ive also read that the ls water pump spins backwards like reverse flow..... Is it ok to just throw a ebay aluminum s14 ka rad. on there with some hoses......

Im probly over thinking it but ive read few things about it most just leave it out of the build.

MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Personally I believe in pressurized systems so that is what I would do. Dual Pass all aluminum WELDED radiator of some sort (remove filler neck and add -6 fitting just below the top of the radiator, run the -6 to a 1 1/2qt expansion tank (moroso, canton etc) with a 29lb cap on the expansion tank, and run a return line back to the water pump. This is a great system in a high performance application in my experience. Do some research, it may work for you and it may not.

Return to “Hybrids”