lowering springs

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Jonas240sx

what are some good springs that will lower my car to completely rid the wheel gap. gap being about 2.5 inches. i hear sportlines, tanabe, but then i hear they only drop an inch. i want satisfaction, and if these springs really wont do it then ill have to go with ground controls, but if there are springs that will lower the car exactly 2 inches or more please let me know what they are. thanks

Tino
Car: Raising Hell

eh... what the hell... someone answer him.

lateralmotion
Car: guitar, skateboarding, driving

Alright Mick, I think the best thing in your case would be to cut a coil or two off of your stock springs, because I don't know of any springs that will lower your car that much, except for coilovers. Howoever, I know that zero fender gap sounds enticing, but you really will be sacrificing a good bit of driveability going that low

wingzero
Car: Cars, metal, jpop, guitar, video games

I don't know of springs that would do that, coilovers are probably the way to go. dude, hope you have no speedbumps or potholes in your state.

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

sportlines...search

phastdsmr

red240ne wrote:sportlines...search

agreed, sportlines took the gap completely away from my '96. the ride was decent and the price was even better. go with the sportlines, you'll be happy

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

yeah sportlines with agxs

Opposite_Lock
Car: Motec Systems Exhausts, S15 headlights on a Civic, lighted windshield wiper squirters, oh and leaf s

Um ever heard of "Sprint". Their springs will lower your car about two inches and the performance and daily drive quality is awsome. We actually compared the sprint springs with a set of tanabe springs(you know those purple ones, i believe their called sus tec or something). well anyways with the tanabes the car hopped like crazy. I guess the sprint springs are stiffer so it gives a much better ride. Oh and why do you want a 2.5 drop, you must of measured the rim to fender gap with the stock rims. just a guess, is your car by any chance an RPS13/PS13 I know those cars came alot higher from factory than both th s14 & s15, either way with a 2" drop and 16"-17" rims with 45-50 series tires your car should look good and perform just as well.

Jonas240sx

yes i have an s13 and iam measuring with the stock wheels with 205 60 15 tires. the rear with a 2 inch drop will be perfect to close the gap but up front i would need to drop it like 3 but i will settle with 2. so sprint ehh ill check them out. which will lower more sprints or sportlines??

stickgoat

Please don't cut your springs. That is such a ghetto way to lower your car and it will bounce around and handle like crap.

I'm more concerned with handling than lowering with springs, so I bought a set of Eibach Pro-Kits. They aren't installed yet so I can't tell you what the drop with them is, but I think it's something like an inch or so.

Jonas240sx

ok iam sure that suspension threads like this have come up a million times, but i have used the "search button" and different things came up. basically i just want to know which springs will lower the most...sprint or sportlines??

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”