Lowering Advice Needed

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

I have a set of XXR 962 18x9.5R and 18x8.5F, BC Racing Coil Overs.

The car isn't even really low and I can barely get out of my driveway. The exhaust resonator only has 1" of clearance. Im going to weld in a flex joint to my downpipe, re position the exhaust hangers higher, jack up the exhaust a little bit and use the new bushings and that should give me a bit more clearance.

The cars just about ready for paint. After ordering an origin streamline body kit, the email me a month later saying there was pieces missing. So I grabbed an extreme diminisions kit to try. With the body kit on the car, that would make it even lower, so I would have to raise the coils, giving me even more wheel/fender gap right?

How do you guys do it? I see some cars slammed, the tires are basically touching the fenders. any tips would be helpful. i'll post a few pics.

crakin240
Car: 1996 zenki

If I'm understanding you correctly you are saying the kit will cause more problems? If so, that's the fault of lowering. I've seen some guys have 2x4 ramps for their driveways to keep from tearing anything up, removing bumpers when pulling out, or using an air bag suspension. Airrex has kits that are like 5k that some shops use on big money builds. Hope this helps.

If you raise your coils then yes you will have more fender gap. Being lowered is by no means practical. i say make some wooden ramps and keep it low.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”