Low fuel capacity warning

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
mikek4
Car: 2013 Nissan Juke SV

I've only had my Juke about 6-7 weeks. My low fuel light comes on and shows about 30 miles to empty, but when I fill up, it only takes a little over 10 gallons. According to the specs, this car has a 13.2 gallon tank. Does this mean there is about 3 gallons in reserve when the warning light comes on? That seems like more than normal, but don't get me wrong, I'm okay with that! Just would like to know if I can actually get the 350 miles that was advertised for a full tank!

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

According to some other forums the explanation from Nissan is that they do not subtract the volume of the gas pump which is located inside the tank. The 13 gallon tank does not really hold 13 gallons.

It could be worse. The 2008 Toyota Prius I drive now has a flexible fuel bladder inside of the tank. The flexibility of that bladder varies varies with the temperature and age. It's supposed to be an 11.9 gallon tank but the actual capacity varies from about 9 to 11 gallons on any given fill-up.

Nuclearchris
Car: 2011 juke sv awd

If it is an awd model the tank size is 11.8 gallons not 13.2 gallons .the dealership had updated window stickers to reflect the correct gas tank size.. I found the updated one in the glovebox of my 2011 after i drove it off the lot. I have both the original and the updated one. I know this is an older post but may help someone

macgiver

mac here , when I really , really want to know , I take a filled Gas can w/me and purposely RUN OUT of GAAAAAAS ! :gapteeth: Where it is safe of course , like near a gas station and that exactly filled I gal. in the can. Doin the math(that's the key) you got +1 gal ,watch the light when on , note ist trip odometer reset 2nd trip od etc. may need to take up to 3 cans if you "exactly" trying to figure the fuel light thing . Hope that helps - Ive just figured my exact total tank-ful though , not specifically the "LOW FUEL" thing. :rotfl Glen 11/18/2017

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”