'Lost Birds' Time Attack Build

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Dire91
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE

This is unbelievable, so many hours into it! You're one lucky a** dude to have a woman like that. Good luck with the rest of the drawing, can't wait to see it all done.

GroundForceOne
Car: Sharpie BCNR33

Thanks for the kudos guys! and KromCube, the roof is going to be dead last, but it should get done. Lost internet up here in death city, Japan for the last couple of days, so I was unable to update pics, and could only look at the internet on an iphone. anyway, here's the progress up to today.

And Allison says hello Japanese style with crooked feet and a peace sign.

Also did a baseline performance run just to see where the car sits right now. this is with 2 people in the car, and as you can see I let off the gas at 1000 feet and even hit the brakes (blue line goes negative) but still did a 13.3 400m run. < On 245/45/17 snow tires, too! Race tires are 275/35/18 Nitto NT01s

Modified by GroundForceOne at 2:34 PM 3/17/2010

pedobear-lovin
Car: S14 KOUKI

your almost done! looking cool.lol @ Japanese style hello. so true, so true.

justinedible4
Car: 1990 Honda Accord, 1991 S13 HB

getting better every update.

TJcars2
Car: '87 Acura Legend

Lookin good man. Can't wait to see it finished.

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

i like all the little details especially on the front bumper, expect people to stare at your car for 20 minutes at a meet/track/stoplight lol

GroundForceOne

hopefully i will distract other racers into slowing down

update for today! :-)

It started out with nice weather today for a change!But then it started to get cold so we had to take it inside the Lost Birds Garage. Snap-On tools and 8 hydraulic lifts FTW.

This is as far as it got today.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Oh...hey. Wanted to ask/let you know that if you decide to put in different seats, I have a friend here in my area that wants R33 GT-R driver and nav seat. If you don't want a whole lot for them, he'd be willing to take them off your hands.

The car is almost done, dude. Friggan awesome. Bring that badass car down to Tokyo for one of the GT-R club meets. You'd be the talk of the town. WERD!

GroundForceOne

Well a soon as I get the seats I'm after I can let these go to your friend and I'll bring the car down to Tokyo here soon, but you gotta get me in the loop on the GT-R club meets. when where, etc!

TRDstylez
Car: HiLuxSurf, 00' Celica, AE86, and occasionally my bro's G35

Amazing, I'm an artist myself and I know that feeling when you start a tedious piece like this you keep going when it's looking good

Had to register and comment from hachiroku.net, this thread has potential to get viral

Can't wait to see it finished, Ganbatte!

Modified by TRDstylez at 4:21 AM 3/20/2010
Modified by TRDstylez at 4:26 AM 3/20/2010

GroundForceOne

TRDstylez wrote:Amazing, I'm an artist myself and I know that feeling when you start a tedious piece like this you keep going when it's looking good

Had to register and comment from hachiroku.net, this thread has potential to get viral

alright! hachiroku checking in. I like that! It's definitely tedious, but fun to a degree. wishing it was over is starting to become the main sentiment. haha.

Went back to the Lost Birds Racing Garage today to get some more work done.

Donnie showed up in his R33 to tackle some jobs before he headed back to the track as well. Also pictured is an R32 hoping to see some renewed glory.

just the doors and roof left now.

initial_jc
Car: KOUKI

nice update

snowmants
Car: '97 s14 and '04 WRX

Donnie....Hey I know that guy LOL. Good work so far-- this is a ton of work she has put in! When you finally sell her you are going to be just like the one owner you described in your first post...You will want to know it is going to a good home.

GroundForceOne

TRDstylez wrote:Amazing, I'm an artist myself and I know that feeling when you start a tedious piece like this you keep going when it's looking good

Modified by TRDstylez at 4:21 AM 3/20/2010

Modified by TRDstylez at 4:26 AM 3/20/2010
your boys at hachiroku are brutal! haha. I think it's funny to see the difference in responses when people know I'm reading them vs don't think I'm reading them. Honestly, I can tell they just scrolled through the pictures, and didn't read what I had written, which is fair since in the end, all that will be left is the pictures with no story attached to them.

GroundForceOne

So after 5 hours today, here's where we got. gonna fill in the wings more to blend them in a little better tomorrow or some other time.

Frank E Bones
Car: Slower than it looks

Damn this thing is beautiful. Your girl has got some serious talent and an infinite amount of patience

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

GroundForceOne wrote:Well a soon as I get the seats I'm after I can let these go to your friend and I'll bring the car down to Tokyo here soon, but you gotta get me in the loop on the GT-R club meets. when where, etc!
Awesomesauce!

Ok...GT-R meets are every second Wednesday of the month at Daikoku Futo. It's an easy drive from Tokyo, so if ya ever make it down this way, I'll be sure you get there.

Almost done, homie! Keep it up!

GroundForceOne

Word, I will tentatively plan on making it to the one in April. if anything comes up that stops me I'll let you know. The paint job will be finished, but the car will not be anywhere near "done" at the point however!

Wings filled in. Looks better, no?

NewYorkCoupe
Car: 89 rb 240sx coupe, 99 mazda miata

Man oh man. Ive been following this on my blackberry for the past couple of weeks and its made me reconsider breaking up with my ex-girlfriend who is a graphic arts major. Damn!!! Should have gotten her to do something like this.

Your car is amazing, kudos to you and your amazingly talented Allison!

Best lookin car on NICO!!!

GroundForceOne

haha, thanks! I know that the wings are a little bit of a stretch but I really like them alot. maybe you should call up your ex and see if she is busy..

raremotive
Car: 04 G35

Yeah wings look much better filed. I had to review the old pictures to see what was done on the driver side to see if any symmetry was used, but it was still blank.

The blank stripes down the hood throws me off.

But very nice work! :D

NewYorkCoupe
Car: 89 rb 240sx coupe, 99 mazda miata

I actually think that the wings MADE the car. Without them it might look to busy; the wings break up the patterns really well. So after the roof is done are you gonna clear coat it right away, or are you waiting till its warmer out?

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

If you are up in Misawa, Tokyo is a hell of a drive. Be sure you plan to get down here early on the 14th of April and get a place to stay over night so you can head back on the 15th.

I have a friend that I may be riding down with, so I probably won't have my car with me.

Lookin forward to seeing you down here.

zacmil
Car: 1989 240sx
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

This is quite possibly one of the coolest things I've seen in quite some time. Kudos to you and to your girlfriend.

GroundForceOne

Gold Digger wrote:If you are up in Misawa, Tokyo is a hell of a drive. Be sure you plan to get down here early on the 14th of April and get a place to stay over night so you can head back on the 15th.

I have a friend that I may be riding down with, so I probably won't have my car with me.

Lookin forward to seeing you down here.
It's not too bad, I mad it down to Ryogoku Station from Misawa is 7 hours a couple of weeks ago, also probably will wind up staying from the 14th through the following weekend if anything.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Werd, dude. See ya then!

GroundForceOne

zacmil wrote:This is quite possibly one of the coolest things I've seen in quite some time. Kudos to you and to your girlfriend.
Thanks man, it really means alot to Allison!

We got back to work today on the car. In 5 hours this is how far we got on the door.

and how every Subaru engine deserves to spend it's life.

also removed a bunch of stuff today like all the sound deadener on the driver's side, the rear panel on the drivers side(total 8 pounds), and the radio and speakers are out(8.8 pounds). So far I have removed 151.2 pounds/68.7 kilos.

GroundForceOne

other side is done. just roof left!

GroundForceOne

Rollin Dirtyyyy

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

pure awesomeness

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”