Los Angeles-Mechanic needed for persistent misfiring before and after ignition coil replaced

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
computeracuity
Car: 2003 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

HELLO

i own a 2003 Altima SE 3.5

I started to have some shaking of the engine and loss of maybe 1/3 power so i took the car to a mechanic.

They reported that the car was misfiring and it was cylinder 3

i was quoted $400 to replace the ignition coil and i agreed.

three days later they said it was ready i picked it up and it was running pretty much as usual but the idle was a bit choppy.

i took it home (3 miles away) and parked it

next day while driving the car began to accelerate and suddenly lost power with foot on the gas. Engine remained running but it dropped to idle then every 10-15 seconds i would get a spurt of power and acceleration.

So basically GAS small acceleration burst, 10 seconds of no power or acceleration under, 10 seconds later small acceleration burst, rinse and repeat all the way home. Also during the 10 seconds of no power all the dash lights (TCS OFF, BRAKE, ABS, BATTERY) come on and start flickering,

So I had it towed back to the mechanic who said this is a new and unrelated problem! I argued and they agreed to de-carbonize the valves because this car also burns a little oil over time and they said it was build up causing the valves to not close or open or something.

Two days later I picked up the car they said they treated the car with de-carbonization through the entire system. They said they also learned the timing and made adjustments.

The car drove around ok for about 3-4 hours but still had the choppy idle. Then the same problem returned GAS small acceleration burst, 10 seconds of no power or acceleration under, 10 seconds later small acceleration burst, over and over.

I ended up paying $600 and the car is still not drive able. :wtf2:

Here's the kicker I am a disabled man i have a very tight budget and i have a newborn (1mo) baby boy who's now riding the bus with all those freaky nasty people from Downtown LA.

I really need someone who knows what they are doing to help me with this for a fair low price Preferably a certified Nissan mechanic who works at a NISSAN dealership or the equivalent.

Please respond with any helpful information or contact information.

I live in Downtown Los Angeles

Thank you :yesnod

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”