LOS ANGELES LAKERS

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
s13jus10
Car: '92 Nissan S13 Coupe

yeeeeeeaaaaah boooooii!! Figeroa, get ready to start droppin that confetti!!LAKERS 09 CHAMPS! KOBE BRYANT 09 FINALS MVP!..and who the hell is Nick Anderson?

Steady_One_S13
Car: 1991 SR'd 240sx S13, 1993 Toyota SW21 Mr2...

ddrumman wrote:D Fish!!!!!! Yeah baby!!

I can't believe that Orlando didn't foul, then tried full court pressure and then let Fish shoot like he was practicing 3 point shots.
I can't believe what happened! Where was the full court pressure?Free throws win games, time after time. Blame DH for missing the last two critical free throws. That could have ended the game w/ a victory, despiteFish's 3-pt from down town. The better team is... hate to say it... The Lakers.Orlando doesn't deserve it. There 4th quarter game (which sux) has to step up.

ddrumman
Car: 08 FX35 39,000 mi, 07 G35 55,500 mi, 72 MGB

s13jus10 wrote:yeeeeeeaaaaah boooooii!! Figeroa, get ready to start droppin that confetti!!LAKERS 09 CHAMPS! KOBE BRYANT 09 FINALS MVP!..and who the hell is Nick Anderson?
Sounds awesome doesn't it? Nick Anderson used to play for the Magic in the 90s.

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

s13jus10 wrote:..and who the hell is Nick Anderson?
LMFAO! Typical Laker fan. Doesn't know anything about the NBA... Then again, when you're a front-runner, the only thing you have to know about the NBA is what team is currently the best.

ddrumman

flohtingPoint wrote:
LMFAO! Typical Laker fan. Doesn't know anything about the NBA...
Well.... Let's not make general statements. Just tell the guy to google Nick or go to NBA history and call it a day.

The typical Laker fan knows the history of the NBA and the game itself. Jack Nicholson, Jerry West are the first two that come to mind. The band wagon people you are talking about are "atypical Laker fans"

flohtingPoint

ddrumman wrote:
Well.... Let's not make general statements. Just tell the guy to google Nick or go to NBA history and call it a day.

The typical Laker fan knows the history of the NBA and the game itself. Jack Nicholson, Jerry West are the first two that come to mind. The band wagon people you are talking about are "atypical Laker fans"
You cannot tell me that the Lakers are not a bandwagoned like hell team. The average Laker fan was a San Antonio fan when my Suns were putting LA out in the first round. Before that, they were LA fans. Before that, they were Bulls fans. Front-runners will always be front-runners. I lived in the LA area when the Lakers best player was Van Exel, their fans were few and far between.

Jack was going to Clipper games when they were doing better than the Lakers... Clipper games... That'd be like me going to Arizona Wildcat games when they were doing better than the Sun Devils in basketball. You cant tell me Jack was bored either, that guy has plenty to do rather than attend an in-town rival's game.

Not knowing who Nick Anderson is is pretty bad if you're an NBA fan. It's like being an NFL fan and not knowing who Scott Norwood is, or being a baseball fan and not knowing who Bill Buckner is.

ddrumman

flohtingPoint wrote:
You cannot tell me that the Lakers are not a bandwagoned like hell team. The average Laker fan was a San Antonio fan when my Suns were putting LA out in the first round. Before that, they were LA fans. Before that, they were Bulls fans. Front-runners will always be front-runners. I lived in the LA area when the Lakers best player was Van Exel, their fans were few and far between.

Jack was going to Clipper games when they were doing better than the Lakers... Clipper games... That'd be like me going to Arizona Wildcat games when they were doing better than the Sun Devils in basketball. You cant tell me Jack was bored either, that guy has plenty to do rather than attend an in-town rival's game.

Not knowing who Nick Anderson is is pretty bad if you're an NBA fan. It's like being an NFL fan and not knowing who Scott Norwood is, or being a baseball fan and not knowing who Bill Buckner is.
The term bandwagon is for the Cinderella teams that become America’s sweethearts overnight because we all love an underdog so long they don’t interfere with our favorite team. Recently the Colorado Rockies are a good example, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Arizona Cardinals, and the LA Clippers a couple years back, the Golden State Warriors when they beat the Mavs. You get the picture.

There are 3 pro sports teams that are above and beyond that term “bandwagon” team. Because of their consistent/steady success and their glamorous mystique, they are very popular, and no matter where they go there will always be fans that will support them. The Lakers, the Cowboys and the Yankees are those teams. Whether you are a coach, a player, a trainer, a janitor, whatever, you want to work for those franchises.

You have to really dig deep to find Lakers teams that were dogs. Remember the Lakers have made the playoffs 56 out of 61 years. They have gone to the Finals 30 of those years. So what if Jack goes to a Clipper game. He is a basketball connoisseur and wants to do a little hanging out with Billy Crystal.

Remember the champion is not always going to be dominant like the 98 Yankees the 89 Niners the 92 and 93 Cowboys the 01 Lakers and so on. A lot of the time it is a game of inches. Sometimes it will take a Scott Norwood to add to the legacy of some one like the Giants and the Tuna, or a Bill Buckner to add to the misery of the chowder faithful or a Nick Anderson or a Mitch Williams. Most of the time your average fan does NOT remember those people, they only remember who won. So, cut the guy some slack about not knowing who Nick Anderson is.

And oh by the way, when your Suns were taking the not so good Lakers teams out in the first round, it seems to me that it was their big triumph moment, because they never would finish the job and finally get that elusive 1st ring. We have 15 of them…… well ok 14. Damn if Amare and Boris had not gotten off the bench they could have played…….and who knows. See savvy vets like Horry and Fish are important to talent heavy teams.
Modified by ddrumman at 9:22 AM 6/13/2009

flohtingPoint

ddrumman wrote:The term bandwagon is for the Cinderella teams that become America’s sweethearts overnight because we all love an underdog...

There are 3 pro sports teams that are above and beyond that term “bandwagon” team... The Lakers, the Cowboys and the Yankees are those teams. Whether you are a coach, a player, a trainer, a janitor, whatever, you want to work for those franchises.
You're confusing a flavor of the month with a bandwagon. Those three teams are a prime example of bandwagoned teams (hell, you might have put Man-U and USC up there also). Remember the early 90's? Every Bull fan was also a, wait for it.. wait for it... a Cowboy fan! Sure, the only people they could name on the team was Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman (and on a good day, maybe Michael Irvin), but they loved em. Take a step back a couple years, to 89/90 timeframe, when the Cowboys were absolutely terrible and those fans were 9er fans.

Quote »You have to really dig deep to find Lakers teams that were dogs. Remember the Lakers have made the playoffs 56 out of 61 years. They have gone to the Finals 30 of those years. So what if Jack goes to a Clipper game. He is a basketball connoisseur and wants to do a little hanging out with Billy Crystal.[/quote]No, I dont. I remember bad Laker teams as well as I remember anything. It's all about being a real NBA fan. Also, just because you make the playoffs, doesn't mean your team isn't bad. Hell, my Suns nearly made the playoffs this year and they were absolutely rotten. Golden State are prime examples of limping into the playoffs with bad teams as just about every time they enter the post season, their team is beyond pathetic.

Quote »Most of the time your average fan does NOT remember those people, they only remember who won. So, cut the guy some slack about not knowing who Nick Anderson is.[/quote]My point exactly. Your average fan is not going to know that. 9 times out of 10, your average fan is also a bandwagoner.

My roommate is an average fan of football. Wanna guess which team is his favorite? If you guessed "Steelers", you're right. Funny thing about that, he has no idea who Chuck Noll is.

Quote »And oh by the way, when your Suns were taking the not so good Lakers teams out in the first round, it seems to me that it was their big triumph moment, because they never would finish the job and finally get that elusive 1st ring.[/quote]Yes, we were taking the "bad" Laker teams out in the first round, that was my whole point, thank you for reiterating it. During that period, the Lakers were bad, Jack was hanging out at an in-town rival's game. Real fans don't do this. You're not going to see a die-hard USC fan go to a UCLA game and cheer them on. No Giants fan is going to say, "Man, I wonder what's going on at the Jets game." Think anyone is crossing tobacco road to see what the other side is doing? No chance...

And yes, the Suns have no rings, bravo for knowing that. Other fun facts to point out would be that my football team blows, my college team fell off the face of the earth in football and choked massively in basketball. They Coyotes also suck, thats a fun one to make fun of, right? Lucky for us, making fun of teams with hardships isn't low-brow, right?

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

I am going to the Parade!!!

All New/Old Laker fans are welcome, except the Celtics fans that used to be a Laker Fan.

So how did the Cavs/Nuggets/Rockets do in the finals? That's right all Laker Haters GTFO! this is a LAKERS THREAD!!!

ddrumman

flohtingPoint wrote:
You're confusing a flavor of the month with a bandwagon. Those three teams are a prime example of bandwagoned teams (hell, you might have put Man-U and USC up there also). Remember the early 90's? Every Bull fan was also a, wait for it.. wait for it... a Cowboy fan! Sure, the only people they could name on the team was Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman (and on a good day, maybe Michael Irvin), but they loved em. Take a step back a couple years, to 89/90 timeframe, when the Cowboys were absolutely terrible and those fans were 9er fans.

No, I dont. I remember bad Laker teams as well as I remember anything. It's all about being a real NBA fan. Also, just because you make the playoffs, doesn't mean your team isn't bad. Hell, my Suns nearly made the playoffs this year and they were absolutely rotten. Golden State are prime examples of limping into the playoffs with bad teams as just about every time they enter the post season, their team is beyond pathetic.

My point exactly. Your average fan is not going to know that. 9 times out of 10, your average fan is also a bandwagoner.

My roommate is an average fan of football. Wanna guess which team is his favorite? If you guessed "Steelers", you're right. Funny thing about that, he has no idea who Chuck Noll is.

Yes, we were taking the "bad" Laker teams out in the first round, that was my whole point, thank you for reiterating it. During that period, the Lakers were bad, Jack was hanging out at an in-town rival's game. Real fans don't do this. You're not going to see a die-hard USC fan go to a UCLA game and cheer them on. No Giants fan is going to say, "Man, I wonder what's going on at the Jets game." Think anyone is crossing tobacco road to see what the other side is doing? No chance...

And yes, the Suns have no rings, bravo for knowing that. Other fun facts to point out would be that my football team blows, my college team fell off the face of the earth in football and choked massively in basketball. They Coyotes also suck, thats a fun one to make fun of, right? Lucky for us, making fun of teams with hardships isn't low-brow, right?
I would not call that confusion at all. Everyone sees things from where they stand. You call them bandwagon fans I call them envious fans. When your teams $uck you want to grab on to something that resembles a winner. It’s human nature. Hey I stuck it out in 88, 89 and 90 (w/the Cowboys). I’ve been sucking it up the last few years with the T.O. drama. And yes I waited thru Van Excel for Shaq and Kobe. But hey you get rewarded eventually. It’s when you don’t get rewarded that you get bitter like having to wait 86 years or ……in the AZ faithful case not. Like in your situation you have to show some patience and it will come……hopefully. In the mean while you need to vent and I understand. But I’m here to tell you that the way I see it the Lakers fans that I know, know the game and its’ history. Also, IF you are a true fan of THE GAME like Jack, you DO go to other team’s games besides your own. The Clippers are NOT a rival. They are just there paying rent and that’s it. You don’t see Jack or any true fan in Celtic games w/out the Lakers on the floor. You won’t see me in a Redskins or 49ers game either w/out the Cowboys there.

Your Suns were beating the not so good Lakers teams, not the bad ones. If a team makes the playoffs they are NOT a bad team. The only teams that make the playoffs and ARE bad are the below .500 teams like the lower seeded teams of the Eastern Conference the last few years. Are you trying to say that unless a team wins the whole thing they are not good? You should know better.

Bravo for knowing that the Suns have no rings? That’s like saying that the sun sets in the West. Of course the Suns have no rings. Maybe one of these years they’ll get one. They blew their best chance in 07. If only those boring Spurs…….Even what you would consider a bandwagon fan would know that. When I was 12 years old I knew every single Track and Field world record. Now it’s easy to ……ahem……know anything about sports. Just Google or Wikipedia and voila.

As far as making fun of hardship teams, you mean like pointing out the fact that the Cowboys of 89 were horrible, or the Lakers of the mid 2000s were not up to snuff? Well those are facts so hey I won’t hold it against you. The point is that fortunately for Lakers fans and Cowboys fans there is light at the end of the tunnel.

LET'S GO LAKERS

flohtingPoint

ddrumman wrote:I'm a Laker fan that's also a Cowboy fan.
You dont say... Never saw that combo before.

s13jus10
Car: '92 Nissan S13 Coupe

flohtingPoint wrote:LMFAO! Typical Laker fan. Doesn't know anything about the NBA... Then again, when you're a front-runner, the only thing you have to know about the NBA is what team is currently the best.
wtf? "Typical Laker fan"??

so because I don't know who the hell Nick Anderson is, that means I know nothing about the NBA? I'm 21 years old. Pardon me if I've never heard of some dude from Orlando who was in his peak when I was 3 years old.

just because I don't know the history of the Orlando Magic pre-Penny/Shaq/Hill doesn't mean I'm not an NBA fan. I'm a huge NBA fan. I could give you the names of every starter on every team, most benchers, and almost every single coach. I've played basketball all my life, played all 4 years in high school, 2 years varsity starting point guard, played 1 year ju-co ball, and always play in local adult leagues. I'm one of those guys that when someone says "chill out, it's just a game," I literally want to punch them in the face. if someone promised me the most beautiful woman in the world in exchange for never playing basketball ever again, I would say "I'm cool, I'll just take one the ugly ones."

I'm much more than an "average" NBA/basketball fan, when it comes to knowledge of the game and most of its modern history. don't cut my balls off if I've never heard of some guy that played 10+ years ago who never played in an All-Star game, never won a scoring, rebounding, or assist title.. essentially never won anything. don't get me wrong, looking at his stats from the late '90s, he was obviously a great player. but that doesn't make him the household name that you make him out to be, saying that even the "average" NBA fan knows who he is.

sounds like you're just venting all your frustration because Laker fans have something to cheer about when noone else does.

"Typical Laker fan"? you sound like a Typical Laker hater.

ddrumman

flohtingPoint wrote:
You dont say......
I do!

ddrumman

flohtingPoint wrote:
Never saw that combo before.
Well.... Now you have. You struck out though I'm not a Yankee fan. Damn. I could have been a typical Yankee fan.

headhunt3r
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5S w/ CVT

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ddrumman

#15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sweet it is.

Keep the team together. Sign Lamar, sign Ariza and let's do it again. How about another threepeat.

Steady_One_S13
Car: 1991 SR'd 240sx S13, 1993 Toyota SW21 Mr2...

These are your typical LA Laker fans that probably don't know jack about basketball. Why the looting and rioting? They hate their own city that bad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYZHleGnMA

Oh, congrats to the real LA Laker fan(s)... Jack Nicholson... knows more about the game then others, but has no need to do stupid things in the streets.

ddrumman

Those are the people that would probably have gotten out there and done the same exact thing whether the Lakers won or lost. The ones that just want to use any excuse to create havoc.
Steady_One_S13 wrote:.................... Why the looting and rioting? They hate their own city that bad...
I'm just as befuddled about it as you are. I assure you they are not the majority of Lakers fans.

jeb1517
Car: 2013 Kia Optima
2015 Nissan 370Z
2005 Honda S2000

Not really that surprised...same thing happened here in Chicago back in the glory days....maybe it has something to do with Phil?? lol...

ddrumman

Lamar back in the house. YEAH!!!!

These 5 will be finishing games: Gasol, Lamar, Artest, Fish & Kobe.

We're good. Ready for a repeat and maybe a threepeat!!!!

bmike818

OMG LAKERS!!!!!!!! what a friggin Team!!!

Bynum!.....STEP up or be traded like Brown.

car nut
Car: GT500.

18 and 10 what?

Lol.

bmike818

Go Lakers!!!! :fistpumping:

3ps14

Go CAV's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

car nut
Car: GT500.

Haha you wouldn't say that after last night though, would you?

ddrumman

here we go again!!!

ddrumman

9 down, 7 to go!

bmike818

1 mo

92Q45T
Car: 1992 q45T

ddrumman wrote:here we go again!!!
Hey guy I'm sent a message to the forum asking if anyone had a 92 q45t with 99q45 17 " oem wheels with 245x45x17 tires.
I received a pic of your 94q45 with the wheels.
Did you have any problems with suspension or control arm rubbing the tires ?

ddrumman

I hope after our conversation you were able to go ahead with no issues. No rubbing with mine at all.

Return to “The Sports Bar”