Looking For feedback on Insurance companies...

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
brian964
Car: ni

In my experience it is better getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/top-rated-car-insurance

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I've got nothing but good things to say about State Farm. Hit a deer a few years back and had to have the front end of my Explorer fixed and they did all the leg work for me, even gave me a list of places to start with if I didn't have a place I preferred to go to already.

I have glass coverage on all my cars and had the windshield on my 240SX replaced when they could have just totalled out my car...it was the HUD variety and was around $1400 if memory serves correct - certainly more the car was worth.

They may just want to keep me happy since all of my insurance is through them, but when I've needed them they've always been there for me.

Oatmealman
Car: 2011 ford f150 fx4 5.0 master race

doubt any of you people know who henry ham is but they are the best insurance company i've ever dealt with.i pay roughly 80 bucks a month for full coverage on the audi and my cx is only 213 a year so thats cheap.

mellisabrown

I had a really good claim experience with The Hartford and my rates were unaffected too since I had a first accident forgiveness benefit on my policy. When I joined AARP I started buying my insurance through them (again from The Hartford) as I was getting a better deal as an AARP member. Never gone with anyone else yet.
Last edited by mellisabrown on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMetal
Car: 2009 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5L 6spd

still working on this, so far a few companies have beat the price by a few hundred...

OriginalWheelman
Car: '15 Ford Focus Electric

Progressive sucks. They will insure just about anyone, but they will charge you for it. When I had to file a 'no fault' with them they were a pain in the a**. My car was promptly taken care of by the other motorist's insurance, though I got ripped on the payout. My insurance claims for my physical therapy and my doctors visits were routinely denied, often for NO reason. Two people at progressive handled my case. Both of them tried to deny my claims every 6 months like clockwork. It eventually got so bad I gave them a written order that they were NOT to contact me, but to contact my lawyer, as they refused to take my verbal order. If I did not have a GREAT lawyer when dealing with Progressive, I would not have even gotten my surgery, let alone the years of physical therapy that followed. As soon as I was able to switch to a different Insurance company I did. I will never send Progressive another dime as long as I live, and I sleep well at night knowing that my claim cost them far more than I ever paid them.

BlackMetal

edit... re-evaluating my choices.
Seems the most positive feedback in this thread is for geico and State farms...
Geico was very reasonable for an online quote as was State farms, although state farms is a bit more, probably due to commission of local representatives. But all of the quotes I have received apple for apple have been hundreds lower than LM..., wether it was a 6 month or 1 year policy...
Like I said before very disappointed that I have to deal with this after being a very loyal customer of LM... sad...
Last edited by BlackMetal on Tue May 24, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

USAA
woot woot

BlackMetal

bump^

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Finally got around to talking to the LM rep, probably the same guy that Encrypshun got the pleasure of speaking with. They actually weren't cheaper, they were about $275 more per year than Allstate. At the least, I know I'm not being ripped.

BlackMetal

frapjap wrote:Finally got around to talking to the LM rep, probably the same guy that Encrypshun got the pleasure of speaking with. They actually weren't cheaper, they were about $275 more per year than Allstate. At the least, I know I'm not being ripped.
you will receive the best rate if you are a new customer of LM. Us old long term customers foot the bill for the newbs to get the breaks... :rolleyes:

Kenrik
Car: 240Sx Coupe, G35 Coupe, Versa Hatch

I have Geico.. I pay $1000/6mo for two cars Full Comprehensive/Collision/$500 ded.

They have great customer service.

BlackMetal

State farm Rocks! Kicked it right out of the park! :bigthumb:

carloslebaron
Car: 95 Nissan pickup XE

I used to get Erie, an insurance company that was charging cheap and had excellent services. Suddenly, from one year to another Erie increased their premium so high that I went looking for other companies. From more than 10 quotes I received online and by phone, I went with Liberty Mutual, a company that up until today has worked greatfor me...cheaper premium -indeed hundreds dollars less than Progressive, State Farm, Geico, etc-, same coverage than the rest, plus excellent service...

BlackMetal

what till you`ve been with LM for 20+ years and wonder why your rates have increased over the years.
A representative made the fatal error by telling us that the new customers get the cheaper rates and the existing customers pay the higher premiums so the newbies get the cheaper rates = FAIL!
now another company has our business and multi-policies...

even as a last attempt at keeping LM, they reviewed the policy and muttered that they couldn`t do anything to reduce the cost, so BYE BYE...

of course in comparing it has to be apples to apples...

in this case it is the principal and where loyalty meant nothing... AND no one there seemed to care about losing a customer... :rolleyes:

Return to “General Chat”