SR20DET - Looking for a tuning shop in socal.

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
soka

Hi

Just bought a used 240 with an 97 sr20det in it and need to get it tuned. Can anyone recomend a good tuning shop for sr20s in socal, perferable close to the San Fernando valley? I am planing on picking up a power FC before taking it in. Looking to make the most RELIABLE power I can with stock motor and stock turbo. Need to get rid of some back firing issues too..heh

Also does anyone know of a shop willing to replace my suspention bushings?

Thanks alot

SR20Drif
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

A good place that i know of in so. cal. is C-Tune. They do everything for 240's and SR's. Take a look at their site at http://www.ctuneracing.com. If you do go there let them know that Wilson sent you there. Also you were talking about putting in a Power FC, well thats what they use on their drift car so they'll know how to tune your car.

EazyBreazy

you could also try phase 2, mckinney motorsports and jwt. they're all in so cal i dunno if phase 2 does tunning but i'm pretty sure mckinney motorsports and jwt do.

cheez80
Car: percussion =D

hi,harman motivexs engineeringsp engineeringroadrace engineering

i don't think phase2 does tuning.

if you're going power fc, i'd recommend xs; they're an apex power excel shop.

if the c-tune you're talking about, sir, is run by sam, they send their chit out to get tuned. or, at least, they used to, back when they were located in industry.

S13240

c-tune = cartune motorsports? They're still around huh? Thought they'd be closed down by now from all the negative feedbacks over the years.

AkademikONE

I recommend XS.

mmatl16
Car: 240sx rb20 swap

how about......signal auto

i hear they are pretty good

ArchangelS14

XS Engineering is in Huntington Beach. They are an authorized Apexi Power Excel shop, one of the few.

soka

Hey

This is alittle late but I just wanted to thank you guys for your reply's. Very helpful. In the end I think I'm just gunna take it to Signal Auto in Torrance... They are the most convinent for me and can't be all that bad.. ... I hope ... seem a bit pricy..but I guess this ain't cheap work. Thanks again... If anyone is interested I'll try and share my experience when its all over.

Return to “Engine Tuning”