Looking for a down pipe for my J30?

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
NY_Pito_NY

Does any one have any great links for exhausts. im looking for the down pipes for the J30..its make a crazy load noise....very embarrasing. Any help is appreciated.

pito11213
Car: 2002 Chevrolet Suburban

I thought I was the only one who used that nickname buddy.

Anyway, do you want oem down pipe or are you looking for performance.

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

I was also looking for a quality exhaust for my J. Ive got a leak just past the cat and the mounts are rusted so whenever I go above 4000 RPM the exhaust makes a rather nasty rattling sound. The Borla website shows they have nothing available for the J

NY_Pito_NY

Damm its been i while since ive been at the site...well i still thats problem...Ive been to all the jung yards and the dont want to bother cutting it down for me off of other used j30s....so im still in a bind...im Looking for right side down pipe... Any help would be appreciated...thanks

diamond
Car: Wife's Daily driver is J30 , 58 Cheby Sport Sedan Lowrider is my style .

i got the same problem..got out of hand when i removed the cats.ive never hear such noise from any exhaust system ever.both j's i had did it.like its double walled or something.even new you hit with rubber hammer and they sound like sand inside.weird.im going tohave them just run stainless all the way up.n.p...think i will put magna flow cats this time.any good hookups here.2.25 in and out,lol.how much are magnaflows.i got just over 100k on car so im doing the sensors too.i need those..since i hardly ever drive it now should last a long time,lol.been driving under 1k a year now.man...so did you see if they can just run the pipe up ?

R4v3n

We built my entire exhaust from Magnaflow's website. 2 Universal cats, 2 mufflers, and tips. Then we took it to a muffler shop and had them bend and weld the pipes to fit.

You can cheap out by going to a muffler shop and buying some low quality stuff, but if you are anything like me, you want top of the line for your J.

Stainless high flow cats won't make your car loud, so buy them and anyone that can weld can take care of that.

NY_Pito_NY

Im tryin to make a deal on Ebay with a guy... i will let yo know how it goes...there is grat deals for entire exhaust if you have a G35

NY_Pito_NY

So far nothing

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”