Local Z Car Clubs

A forum for official Nissan press releases, general information and online reviews. This is also the place to announce or discuss current and past Z-related events.
Pharaohabq
Car: 92' Nissan 300ZX NA

So after a bit of digging I found that, Yeah, the New Mexico Z Car Club (NMZCC) apparently folded after disagreements between the leaders and the national. I've actually been thinking of Reviving the NM chapter... but though I've been in contact with national, it does seem that it would be a bit of work. Has anyone been involved in running a Car Club, and if so, does it take as much time as it would seem?

I suppose I'm torn between how much I love Z's and how much I hate work, but I know a ZCC would be good, not only for the commoraderie, but for tips and ideas, not to mention local parts and help with the Z's.

How much have any of you benefited by being part of a ZCC?

What do you guys think, and is it worth it?

Phar

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

we had a similar kind fo problem in KY, zcca still lists the defunked club, the guy that ran the other club was taking dues, not paying national dues or anything else for that matter and somehow there was never any money in the treasury, but he wouldn't let anyone handle or do anything, so we started up a legitimate club, Bluegrass Z Car Club (BZCC) and are propery affiliated and pay our dues, I was one of the frming members, I was the treasurer at the time of formation and have since been the secretary and no just the zcca rep

working with the zcca is kinda wierd, they are very hands off very loosely run and at the time at least some of the poweres were less than helpful (I won't mention her name but she has a lot of...ahem "fans")

If I recall correct it's just one form and then submiting the fee to the zcca, nto a real big deal, we went ahead and incorporated our club, we had a member donate his business atty for the job so it cost the club nothing, and in kY at least it's less paper work that creating a non proffit, we have arrangements with one of our local nissan dealers to host our meating in one of their board rooms, they give us a "discount" on parts but courtesy or gastonia are stilla a better deal, they do have us to host an anual show at their dealership, they pay for everything, t-shirts, hats, trophey's (they even give out a crispy c-note with each trophy!) and give us a bunch of nissan swap to give otu as door prises, our business meeting are mostly just bs'ing about what everyone is doing to their cars, then we all go to hooters and bs some more

it's really a social thing, but also god for contacts, if I need a part, I know which memebers are likely to have what I need, if i am scrapping a parts car I'll give the club a shot at whats left before it gets crushed

uit's helped me to make friends with a few other guys that I can exchange parts and ideas with, and other guys who are just fune to ahng otu and drink with, 3 of us tore it up in daytona last year at nationals, and I never even attended the zcca business meeting, day one I was sleeping, and the last day meeting I was headed to gainesville for the GRM challenge

is it worth doing, IMHO yes, if nto for you, then for the others in your area, to help them along, I can't imagine what kind of problem your local club would have had with national, you might want to try contracting as many former members and officers to try and out the pieces together

it is hard to get people who will run things, we have ahd one guy as president form almost the start, he keeps it together, we have an honest gy doing the bookks and we have money in thebank, one year it paid for a steak dinner for the club x-mas party, getting the club insured is a whole other thing, the insutrance companies that deal with thsi sort of thing are slow and don't seemt o follwo through very well, not sure if we ever got our insurance straightened out, but insurance si a must for hosting events in a lot of places

AZ-ZBum
Car: 05 Murano, 84 Z31 AE, 88 Z31 Vert

You don't NEED to be part of nationals to be a local club. But to receive the benefits from them (not sure what they are), you'd have to pay them dues as well.

Start a club. Keep it local. Don't care about nationals. When you're ready, decide if you want to be a part of the national organization and then submit paperwork and whatnot.

Pharaohabq

thanks for the input. , from what I've gathered, the old NMZCC had trouble with national too, because of dues or what not. I don't really know what happened, and trying to find people who know seems impossible, though, really it doesn't matter what happened before, I just want to bring Z people together. I think it'd be fun, n wouldn't really be looking to make anything on it.

Insurance and such isn't something I'd had taken into account, is it that we'd need insurance only for events, or just as a general basis.

maybe I'll register the website, and see if I get any interrest. who knows.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

the national dues are only $2 per stated member, very informal, and the insurance is somehtign that some sites rewuire, we looked into hosting events at hotels and resteraunts and it somethign that some of them require, for a small enough group it's not a big deal but if you are trying to get a resteraunt of hotel to block off a part of their parkign lot for a car event some of them require it, if you just want to go out to dinner together thats a different story

AZ 2 NV
Car: '71 240Z
'93 300ZX Convertible
'66 Datsun Roadster

The 1998 National Z Car Convention was held in Albuquerque and the rumors, and I repeat rumors were , issues with funds from Nissan Corporate.

The 2000 National Z car convention was removed from the control of the Nevada Z Car Club due to issues with the remaining officers that were still left in that club. The ZCCA hosted that convention and the Nevada Z Car Club was disolved.

I started the Sin City Z of Las Vegas club in late 2002 with the advise and help of members of Group Z , San Diego Z Car club and ZCCA.

Most of the information of the ZCCA website is good on how to start a club. Start small, create events, stick with a set meeting time, date and place. Set up a web page, contact dealers, go to car shows and put flyerson Z cars.

For the past 14years I have been mostly involved with larger organized clubs, I like the small informal clubs also. Clubs can be a lot of work, however if you are lucky as the club grows perhaps more members will help take on duties.

As AZ-ZBUM stated.....keep it local at first.

And remember ........ Have Fun !!! It's just a car club ..... Good Luck

Pharaohabq

Well I registered NMZCC.com and I'll see what else I have to do. Keeping it local until I find a few members interrested in being national sounds like a good idea. I need to figure on how I want the site to look. maybe a forum based site. I dunno. I was thinking i would get some biz cards printed up that i could put on peoples z to promote the club.

Phar

Perrenial Badass
Car: 1973 240Z, 1986 300ZX, 1987 300ZX, 1984 Corvette

Me and my friend Ronnie have done something similar. Just for Polk County though - really, really local club. We've got a site set up, not too much traffic though since I've yet to go recruiting. Feel free to check it out though man, it might give you some good ideas.zclubofpolkcounty.com

Return to “Z-Series News and Events”