Line Conecting to Header

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
jsando2
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback
2009 Nissan Murano SL

I'm an owner of a 240sx 1993 hatchback and it came to be that my headers have a leak. It was about time after 20 million years of being installed :) Ii don't have a good combustion because of that leak and obviously car is not running as a matter of fact gasoline is coming out of my muffler, That's how bad it is.
Problem number two is that the line that comes out from the manifold on the left side that connects to the header guess what (Exactly is so rusted that is a pain is like weld? And there's no way at least I think to take that *&% out. So im thinking getting a new line (but can I find it online?) What is the name of it?
I will have to take it to a shop for them to at least get that line off if is possible from the other side which is a big size wrench.
Anyway I know this website is pretty good on gurus and smart people that knows everything about 240sx and work around any situation if you have a good advice I'll appreciate it in advanced.
:woot: :woot: :woot:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Take a torch to the fitting on the header - that is your EGR valve fitting (exhaust gas recirculation). Get it cherry red, let it cool, then crack it open with a large wrench.

You can delete the EGR system completely if you don't have to pass emissions.

I don't think you have gasoline coming out of the tailpipe, unless someone deleted the catalytic converter. It's probably condensation. Also, an exhaust leak won't cause a car to not run - something else is wrong.

Welcome aboard!

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

The car starts but it wont accelerate. Once is on there's a leak on my EGR pipe line that is connected to the header and guess what is leaking other than air (GASOLINE) yes gasoline crazy right how is that possible?
I know I was working on my fuel injectors and got new ones and took the rail off, put them back on and this happened. Will it be that my manifold got full of gasoline I tried to disconnect that EGR pipe line but is so rusty is like welded. I have to buy new headers but I cant by-pass the emission test since I live in MD and is lawful to pass emissions.
My Questions:
1-Do they sell that EGR pipe line? I have been looking and nothing yet.
2- If my last option is to by-pass the EGR system can I just cut that pipe and seal it at the tip and run like that after installing new header?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

1) don't think so, but maybe someone here has one they removed.

2) yes, but it makes more sense to buy a threaded plug for the new header.

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

1- Yea that would be nice!
2- So i can leave the EGR pipe line open? I mean without sealing the tip and just plug the header or do i have to seal it? BTW ill be buying a header that does not the EGR pipe line connection.
And my real concern is as to why there's gas coming that way...If it wouldn't it be because of that I would never figured where my leak was coming from because it was never notice before that's why i started working on my fuel injectors because I was getting a leaky code on my ECU. How can I drain that gasoline or could it be my fuel regulator? Humm interesting.

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

Follow up: So i had gas into my engine I guess it happened when I was working with the fuel rail injectors. I guess my gas pressure valve stopped working or I had am open injector and fuel went insade the manifold. Anyways I changed the fuel rail with better injectors and all looked fine. When I started it all the mix of oil and gas is coming out my exhaust like crazy. :) :rotfl :rotfl I will change my oil and filter, clean my MAF and change fuel filter. If after I might get some more smoke because theres still in the exhaust. I will just like for it to be idle and steady. I looked at my ECU code and is giving me code 21 Ignition Ignition Signal i just got that distributor. Anyway I also got rid of my MSD set up no need for it just mess the distributor faster because of the strong sparking.

More updates to come. Any comments / advise???

:gotme :gotme

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

Update: I got the fuel rail back together. I had to change my oil because for some reason gas got into the engine and got mixed. Anyway the car started right away and all the fuel and oil down the exhaust got burned out. (cleared) Now i have that leak from my EGR line to the header which is causing (I think) the car to hesitate. So i went took the MAF and Air filter and cleaned them out to see if it was that. The O2 sensor as well will be replaced. Stand By once I put them back together to see if that help the hesitation. (Nobody Around?

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

Update: Headers got installed. Still have to disconnect main upper EGR line which was cut and it will be replaced by welding it back together after cutting the tip and try to un-seized and weld together. what A project!!!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”