Lets see your CHEAP ebay body kits!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
pj
Car: 95 s14

and theyve all probably seen this thread...no one wants to own up to having one in fear of the flames maybe?

smUoPke
Car: 1990 300zx

I know it's a 240 thread but the ebay kits caught my eye. The font fascia is an ebay knock off that that only took a little massaging to make it fit. I also bought some fiberglass fenders from ebay that wouldn't fit at all, even with my 15 yrs experience in fiberglass.

s13_pinoy
Car: 1991 240sx SE

^^Looks good to me. Man, I opened this thread wanting to see pics but obviously there aren't any because Haters want to put their 2 cents in on what they think about buying cheap kits. I'm still pretty new to NICO and I mean no disrespect to anybody but... 'The Guy' with the white Kouki has a jdm front kit kool... but on PAINTED SE WHEELS????? HAHA, if only he would've saved money on a cheap kit he wouldn't be rolling on Duplicolor..... just a thought.

S14toRPS13

Here's my contribution since everyone wants to see cheap ebay type bodykits. This was one of my old S14 that I sold to my nephew. I know the picture quality is horrible, but it's all I have.

This was how it first looked like after installed and fresh paint. I ended up shattering the front bumper on a dip. It literally shattered because the kit was paper thin.

The S15 conversion with again a cheap front bumper.

Because of the bad quality pictures you can't see all the damage.

Here's a better view of the some of the damages. If you look closesly, you can see how thin the fiberglass is.

These pictures were years ago. I think from back 2004 to about 2007. Presently, my nephew has lost most interests in the car and the front bumper is held together with duct tape and the driverside side skirt is cracked also. He refuses to sell or fix it.

zeedakay
Car: s13

LingeringSuicide
Car: 1990 240SX hatchback 1993 240sx Vert

Am i the only one here thinking "well hell if its so paper thin why not take a few hours and reinforce it with some more fiberglass?" I mean FFS its not that damn hard to put the kit on some sawhorses lay some more fiberglass down and if your foggy inlay some metal for structure support and or better mounting points?

chukidrifter420
Car: 91 240sx

S14toRPS13 wrote:Here's my contribution since everyone wants to see cheap ebay type bodykits. This was one of my old S14 that I sold to my nephew. I know the picture quality is horrible, but it's all I have.

This was how it first looked like after installed and fresh paint. I ended up shattering the front bumper on a dip. It literally shattered because the kit was paper thin.

The S15 conversion with again a cheap front bumper.

Because of the bad quality pictures you can't see all the damage.

Here's a better view of the some of the damages. If you look closesly, you can see how thin the fiberglass is.

These pictures were years ago. I think from back 2004 to about 2007. Presently, my nephew has lost most interests in the car and the front bumper is held together with duct tape and the driverside side skirt is cracked also. He refuses to sell or fix it.
what brand is this? also wondering the same zeedeekay

S14toRPS13

chukidrifter420 wrote:
what brand is this? also wondering the same zeedeekay
I really don't remember the brand. Hell I don't even remember the price. I think it was around $350 to $400 for the kit. It was bought at a shop that's since been closed. I don't know where they ordered it from.

And to the above statement about reinforcing thin fiberglass. I suppose you could do that if that's what you wanted to do. I regret buying cheap bodykits, but finding a decent kit for 240's was a bit harder back then than it is now. What the pictures don't show either is the imperfections from the fiberglass. All the waves in the fiberglass is very noticeable compared to the metal body parts. If I was to buy a kit now, I'd make sure it can take a little beating driving on the streets. That's just my advice from someone who's been through that route.

zeedakay

mine is extreme dimensions duraflex, which in the cold doesn't flex much at all like in the videos. i wonder how it'll be when it gets warm out

SirSilvia
Car: Sold both my babies

chukidrifter420 wrote:so you think that having your 900 dollar origin bodykit getting wrecked at a track event is better than having your cheapo ebay kit?

thats absolutely retarded. Dont get me wrong I like brand name parts, but for a bodykit thats gonna end up taking abuse? why spend twice as much
exactly, I didn't even want to look at this thread b/c I thought it was going to die quickly. I have no interest in getting a kit of any kind as well....other than maybe an aero.

But exactly like ^^ said, there's not reason for an expensive a-s body kit when you'll eff it up at the track or for others, just driving it around town. The only people that should be all uppity would be ones who are making or who have a show car. A car that's babied and such to each event.

Now I kinda wanna see what kits "fit" and which one don't for if I ever decide to get one. Butler, PA on the other hand it not very friendly to slammed cars or those with kits. If I had one, I'd never be able to go home, would destroy the kit. And Beaverun, the track that I go to, the road up to the complex is completely effed. I'm close to scraping on my 4x4 status.
Nali wrote:
If you buy of ebay you are a ricer....is that what you are saying?Poor people shouldnt work on cars....is that what you are saying??You even came up with a new definition of the term ricer?Why dont you just NOT post in this thread if you dont like it then?

P.S ebay has a ton none-ricer ware and its very possible to shop solely on ebay and still have a very clean looking/performing car, dont make me start hotlinking else I'll just embarrass you.
QFT

SirSilvia

Csomme wrote:so stop fighting and post pics of cheap a** kits. lol. Personally Chaser aero has some good replica s*** on the cheap. aerokits.com i believe. check that ish out.
aerokits.net, but anyway, for my track only car I just spotted fiberglass doors. The track car is going to have a full roll cage, one that also has a bar cutting in front of the door if i get them. that would save +300lbs on weight alone. Don't give me this "hurr fiberglass doors aren't safe blah blah" Cameros have fiberglass doors and they're commercially sold to the public.

and yeah, moar pics!

zeedakay

300lbs doors ftw i guess lol

Ter240sx
Car: 1993 240sx w/ SR

VRoy wrote:^ +1 , really guys. Get off your high horse. Hot Roding started out with POOR people, taking what they had/could find cheap and making a faster, better performing car.
so true. if that guy is so rich, why doesnt he buy a Ferrari and go drift that?

SirSilvia

Ter240sx wrote:so true. if that guy is so rich, why doesnt he buy a Ferrari and go drift that?
because there are less expensive cars that out perform the Ferrari and have a far less expensive insurance.

hbpignosePA
Car: 90 240sx hatch (Jackstand Queen), 78 Datsun 280z (RIP), 89 cressida (Sold) 86 200sx hatch (sold) 83 280zx turbo (parts car)
90 volvo 240 (sold)
80 mx32 cressida (new daily)

Future_gohan wrote:
There is actually a few, but its hit and miss many times. the 240sx looks like poo unless it has a kit on it 90 percent of the time.

personally i like stock bodied cars; or if you want areo JDM spec stuff.

it was designed for highway use, and it isnt going to crack look like poo after you run events (unless you hit something)

and if the sole reason is because you dont want to break stuff either park harddddddd or take of your bumper when you run?

SirSilvia

yeah that would be sweet. as for reinforcing the pieces, you could probably line the back side of the kit with something as simple as duct tape. You won't see it and the kit might break, but it won't shatter and fall off the car.

dat925stunna
Car: 90 hatch s13

tEknoS13 wrote:Jeez whats' crawled up peoples pants now a days, I buy from ebay quality parts from there all the time. Ebay does sell quality parts as well for a slightly cheaper price. Its not like ebay has their exclusive brand or something.
thats so true people think if you buy "for example" some volk te37s from a seller on there there automatically fake? come on not every body is a Baller in debt(a person who maxes out there credit card to seem like they got the money they really dont have) especially with this economy we got now i wouldnt blame goin for a replica instead of "JDM" well depending on what it is your getting not jus maxing out credit cards but theres alot of people on here (young people) who work and go to school theres only a certain amount of hours that you can work because they got school the next day and have a sick a** ride??????? mommy and daddy????? well my family aint rich i gotta work my a** off to get by.... then again some went to school/college i took over my fathers company cuz i hate school there for if i dont work im F...ed*so f bomb to the haters*to the ones who havent worked for wat they got meaning: your dad/or mom bought it*max ur card out and apply to another company with a higher credit line to pay the other one

but i respect the guys o/r girls who dont care about a man o/r womans style do watever you want with your f***ing car be unique not a follower because you'll jus be that person being added to stuff being played out

p.s. this was jus my opinion i hate people that trash one guy cuz his style different from theres or his buget aint to high and as for ricers um idk wings and body kits arent my style im the stock areo w/a lip type but hey who am i to tell em dont but a big a** pointless wing on an S13....ew i hate that sorry ricers i guess we all fall in a different category ricers having there own

zeedakay

So... post pics of your car

7anshin8r
Car: 96 Nissan 240sx

Yeah... Pics would be nice... The title is "Lets see your CHEAP ebay body kits"

dat925stunna

zeedakay wrote:So... post pics of your car
rockin accord rims wrapd with some skinnys a friend gave me

this is wen it got painted like 3 days after i got it

sorry no ebay kit all stock you guys asked for a pic there you go

Lonismos14
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx, 1999 Chevy Hoe, 1996 Saturn Sl2

^^^ Befor everybody says o your car is stock and doesnt even have paint.I remember this car some ***hole hit his car and ran. Good to see you got it fix though. How much did it cost.

dat925stunna

Lonismos14 wrote:^^^ Befor everybody says o your car is stock and doesnt even have paint.I remember this car some ***hole hit his car and ran. Good to see you got it fix though. How much did it cost.
500 thats the same quarter panel too my boy told me to not worry about it it was fixable he also gave me the lights

Lonismos14
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx, 1999 Chevy Hoe, 1996 Saturn Sl2

Damn thats a sweat deal, it just sucks cause it set you back a little. Did you ever find that a hole.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”