Lemon law for laptops?

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Guys, my current laptop Dell Insprion 13 7352 is driving me nuts. So far, I had to replace the hard drive twice, and the second time I had to replace the hard drive, I converted it to an SSD. Now, recently, the touch screen is not responding as its supposed to. I took it to Windows store, and they said the screen is defective. So what the heck am I supposed to do? I have uni that is starting soon, and I was banking on this 2-in-1 to help me through all of uni, as I spent $1000 on it (fully loaded with all the goodies, except the storage) in August of 2015. I am literally considering a replacement laptop, more like an ultrabook. Is there a law out there that makes Dell inc., to buy back my laptop, as its been braking way too often, than my previous budget laptops did.

macgiver

mac, I've had great results in our family with HP lots of support , etc. And the higher end and NON AMD ones seem SOLID. I had problems w/ Pavillian AMD 4-core whereas MB solder @ processor and Northbridge were notorious . But Pro-Books and especially like ELITEBOOKS are the Shh%^%#TT, mine Elite w/I 7 and SSD 3 1/2years old and STILL runs quicker than you know what !! :yesnod

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

macgiver wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:47 pm
mac, I've had great results in our family with HP lots of support , etc. And the higher end and NON AMD ones seem SOLID. I had problems w/ Pavillian AMD 4-core whereas MB solder @ processor and Northbridge were notorious . But Pro-Books and especially like ELITEBOOKS are the Shh%^%#TT, mine Elite w/I 7 and SSD 3 1/2years old and STILL runs quicker than you know what !! :yesnod
I know HP quality and I am a huge fan of that. However, my previous laptops were HP Pavilion Touchsmart 14 and Toshiba Satelite, both were under $400. I am considering going back to HP, but then my dad has been using Dell for work for the past 2 decades, so I am also reconsidering them too. But, I am not sure what I can do with this piece of junk laptop.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

It's 3 years old, so kiss your warranty [such as it was ] "Good By" .

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

X2, there will be no warranty on a unit that old.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”