Lee's '93 S13 Vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Usually towing a MT car in neutral isn't an issue. Possible some liquid is hitting something hot?

Seven3Lee
Car: 93 S13 Vert, 06 Evo 9

biggie wrote:Usually towing a MT car in neutral isn't an issue. Possible some liquid is hitting something hot?
Not even with the drive wheels on the ground, or is that just for automatics?

What really bothers me with this whole thing is the fact that the car did nothing when I went to 2nd gear... A buddy of mine told me that if I can put it in gear and move the car freely as if it were in neutral that the trans was toast, but I tried it and the car wouldn't budge, so that is a good sign.

The smoke is not very thick, nor is it oily, which I guess are good things. It's really pretty light, kind of like when you blow out a candle. I thought maybe it was something like that, maybe some liquid had dropped onto something, but I can't see anything on or around the engine that would be hitting anything hot.

When I put the engine back together, I sprayed the exhaust mani with high temp paint, as well as the downpipe. Could it be the paint kind of baking onto the metal or something?

biggie

It's usually the ATs that have an issue with towing in N. They overheat, but MT shouldn't have that prob.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

AZhitman wrote:That interior is rare as hell, and OEM (dealer-installed).
Do you think a dealer ordered it from ASC and then installed it? Just curious. :confused:

Seven3Lee
Car: 93 S13 Vert, 06 Evo 9

Been going through some serious life changes the past 2 years. Shortly after the last update, the wife and I split up and the divorce has been NASTY to say the least. I thought I might lose one or both of my cars, but that doesn't look like the case anymore, so it's time to get back on my game.

So in the past few months, I figured out and solved the smoke issue. There was condensation in the fuel tank. I pumped out as much of the bad gas/water as I could and then filled it with fresh 93 octane and some fuel stabilizer. No more smoke.

Next, I had a problem with battery drain. I would have to go out and start the car every other day to keep the battery from draining to flat. I traced that to an ancient aftermarket alarm, so once I removed that, the battery power issue was solved as well.

Everything is working just fine, she idles at 700rpm, but I have another issue that I need a second opinion about. When I have the car running at idle, I can rev and it is just fine. Under load, the car will go, but VERY sluggishly. I've already ruled out fuel filter (brand new), fuel injectors (freshly cleaned), spark plugs (brand new) and MAF (brand new) as possible culprits. I am thinking TPS. I tested it and got 1.7k ohms at rest, but only 5.6k at WOT. I read they should be 2k and 10k at rest and WOT, respectively. So I adjusted the position of the TPS and now it reads 1.98k at rest, but only 8.3k at WOT. Should it matter that this is an automatic TPS on a 5 speed? The wiring harness is for an automatic, so it has both plugs for the TPS.

biggie

Good luck.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”