LED Upgrade Project + Dome Light Conversion

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

this pics shows lic plate, back up & blinkers

this pic shows blinker & parking lights

and this shows side marker on fender (NO YELLOW)

ctsedan
Car: 2006 M45 blk on blk. 1995 s14 Sr20DET.

06M4.5 wrote:this pics shows lic plate, back up & blinkers

That is too bright for me!!
What is the point of them being so bright, in my opinion is just annoying, no offense. Maybe its the camera :tisk:
Back up lights ok, has usage, license plate just makes it easy for cops lol side signal blinds passing cars. blinker ok also not that pointless but still too bright.
Anyone agree or :slap:

06M4.5

yep the led's are all white. They are very popular around here.

That's the way I like it white & bright.

had it on a few of my past cars.

not worth the money or time to keep them yellow (led's). :nono:

06M4.5

it was hard just getting pics at night. I had to shut off the flash and then try to time the blinkers so I could catch them. I had to take maybe 30 shots just to get 5 or 6 good shots.

I'll try to get you some shots during the day, as of now I don't have any.

06M4.5

I was going thru tinypics and I found only 1 pic with the front blinker & side marker on during the day:

most are asking about the side marker on the fender.

JasonR
Car: 06 M45 Sport

06M4.5 wrote:this pics shows lic plate, back up & blinkers

Wow!...I would love to see your car in person one day Freddie check out those LED's at night if you dont mind

06M4.5

thanks guys.

your more than welcome to stop by.

I live 8 blocks away from the Holland Tunnel in Jersey City, exit 14c of the NJ Turnpike.

I post pics to make it easier for the next member that's looking to mod. It's my way of paying back for all that I have learned here and for those that have helped me.

I have posted pics of:

led's
Tein H-Tech springs (on M45)
camber bolts
Balsarini grill
oem aero kit
trunk spoiler
Sarona roof spoiler

In no way am I pushing what I like on to other, just something to think about. I strongly believe that you get what you like and not what others want you to have, it's your money that your spending. As long as your happy thats all that counts.

guys just keep in mind that all this is coming from a guy that's computer duummmmm and types with 2 fingers (very slow).

I'll try to post a few more pics

for those that need my address or cell phone just PM me, I always here to help.

Freddie

06M4.5

with door open

floor led's without black covers

JasonR

06M4.5 wrote:thanks guys.

your more than welcome to stop by.

I live 8 blocks away from the Holland Tunnel in Jersey City, exit 14c of the NJ Turnpike.

I post pics to make it easier for the next member that's looking to mod. It's my way of paying back for all that I have learned here and for those that have helped me.

I have posted pics of:

led's
Tein H-Tech springs (on M45)
camber bolts
Balsarini grill
oem aero kit
trunk spoiler
Sarona roof spoiler

In no way am I pushing what I like on to other, just something to think about. I strongly believe that you get what you like and not what others want you to have, it's your money that your spending. As long as your happy thats all that counts.

guys just keep in mind that all this is coming from a guy that's computer duummmmm and types with 2 fingers (very slow).

I'll try to post a few more pics

for those that need my address or cell phone just PM me, I always here to help.

Freddie

Appreciate all the help Freddie you have def been a helping hand with all my questions :dblthumb:

If you dont mind me asking how much did you spend to change all the interior lights over to led?

06M4.5

hard to say because I didn't do all the lights at the same time. I took all the easy ones out first and then I worked on the hard ones.

but I would have to say I spent about $75 in just the interior.

most of my led's came from:

superbrightleds
v-leds
ebay

but I'm also sure that I spent about $200 in led's for interior, exterior & trunk.

funny how it all adds up. :tisk:

SIK L
Car: 04 SVT Lightning
07 M35 Sport

What is the bulb name and number/type for the bulb above the high beam? Is that considered the parking light?

SIK L
07 M35 Sport

infiniti_lineup wrote:
SIK L wrote:What is the bulb name and number/type for the bulb above the high beam? Is that considered the parking light?
The high beam is a 9005 bulb. It isn't the same as the parking light.
No I'm referring to the tiny bulb inside the high beam housing. The high beam bulb is of course in the center, but in the upper part of the high beam housing there is a tiny bulb there that comes on with the headlights.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

That bulb is 662 from what I could tell but 06M4.5 used a 194 in that spot so theoretically, you can use a 194, 168, or 158 in that spot.

JasonR

Are the rear passenger dome lights a 194 aswell?

06M4.5

my car was 31mm festoon bulb.

I put a link up on top.

JasonR

Ahhh ok thanks Freddie

SIK L
07 M35 Sport

infiniti_lineup wrote:
SIK L wrote:No I'm referring to the tiny bulb inside the high beam housing. The high beam bulb is of course in the center, but in the upper part of the high beam housing there is a tiny bulb there that comes on with the headlights.
Oh; Yes, that is called the parking light and the bulb size is 194. I'd recommend switching it to a LED, which will provide much more light output (and actually make the parking light useful). I purchased my LED replacement for it from V-LEDs — Part Number# 194_4_RB_W_6K.
Great, thanks for that info.

Has anyone experimented with removing the amber lens on the outside of the headlight housing? It would be nice to have that all clear look.

06M4.5

Thanks JasonR

I would also like to know if it's hard to open the headlights.

also, taking the yellow out of the side marker on the fender is some-what hard.

SimonSaysM35
Car: 2008 M35-S

06M4.5 wrote:yep the led's are all white. They are very popular around here.

That's the way I like it white & bright.

had it on a few of my past cars.

not worth the money or time to keep them yellow (led's). :nono:
i want the same set up but with LED orange lights (turn signals (front/back) and side marker turn signal)...can you tell me which product will fit it without the fast blinking...?

SIK L
07 M35 Sport

06M4.5 wrote:Thanks JasonR
also, taking the yellow out of the side marker on the fender is some-what hard.
I'm assuming you're saying it's hard because you have to open up the headlight right?

SIK L
07 M35 Sport

I spoke to a guy at V-leds and he said the discount code is updated every 2 weeks, and is available to all customers. You just have to become a fan of them on facebook, and they posted it on their wall when it is changed. You can do that or you can join their newsletter and they'll email it out to you. Just an FYI for everyone!

06M4.5

I was asking how hard was it to open the the headlight. I wanted to see if I could take the yellow out. I even heard one member painting them black just like the sport headlight.

as for the side marker on the fender near the doors they are hard to get the yellow out.

take a look at the pics on top, my side marker on the fender near the door is now super bright white. :cool:

SIK L
07 M35 Sport

06M4.5 wrote:as for the side marker on the fender near the doors they are hard to get the yellow out.

take a look at the pics on top, my side marker on the fender near the door is now super bright white. :cool:
I'm actually referring to the orange/amber vertical strip that is actually a part of the headlight housing on the far outside of it. It would be nice if we could get that to be clear.

06M4.5

In that case the yellow in my headlights is staying.

MOWellsinVA
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport (Obsidian Black w/ Graphite interior)

06M4.5 wrote:i used a board like this for each front map light:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flux-Fes ... ccessories

and this for the rear:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-31mm-1 ... ccessories
I bought and installed the eBay LED's recommended by 06M4.5. Brightness is adequate, but the rear domes are a bluer tint than the fronts. Front lamps had to have polarity switched to work; I cut the little wires on the bulb adapter and then spliced red to black and black to red. The 12 LED panel has 3M tape on the back, and I stuck them on the little "tower" towards the front of the car and them seem quite stable.

I need to order some wedge-type LEDs for the door "puddle" lights as well as for the footwell lights. Puddle lights should be much brighter than the footwell lights. Any recommendations from VLED's current stock? They don't seem to have the same part numbers available as listed in the OP.

Also, what about the lighted door sills? I have these in my car, and was wondering if anyone else has tried to replace the bulbs in these. The letters spelling out "infiniti" are quite yellow-tinted: I wonder how they would look with a white LED illumination.

JasonR

So are DE3175 the same as 31mm Festoon bulb?

06M4.5

just to clear things up, the 2 links I posted on top is just to give you an idea (pics) of what I used on my car. Also some sellers are selling white leds but they come in with a tint of blue. If you don't like it send them back.

front map lights are BA9

rear map lights are 31mm festoon

all doors, under dash & trunk are 194

I haven't had time nor I haven't taken the sill off to see what light bulb it uses.

I too would like to make it white.

mexillis
Car: M45s

It looks like a PIA to change the INFINITI bulbs without breaking the casing. I looked at it while running my power cable for my amp and i said f it

JasonR

06M4.5 wrote:front map lights are BA9

rear map lights are 31mm festoon
Thank you those are the only 2 I was on confused on :bigthumb:

Godfoot
Car: 1994 GCZ32 Fairlady-Z
1998 ER34 Skyline
1999 Infiniti Q45t
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
1978 Datsun 280Z
1994 Toyota Supra MKIV Single Turbo

A whole lot of win in this thread! I'm going to have to do some of this on my M now :D

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”