LeBron James, Love or HATE

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
s14tan
Car: 95 ZenKi SE w/ S14 SR GT28r and bolt ons

HOW BOUT THEM CELTICS SON!!!!!

wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

s14tan wrote:HOW BOUT THEM CELTICS SON!!!!!
Hell yeah! LeBron is way overrated, there much better players out there that don't receive enough attention.

s14tan
Car: 95 ZenKi SE w/ S14 SR GT28r and bolt ons

wynnEZ wrote:
Hell yeah! LeBron is way overrated, there much better players out there that don't receive enough attention.
QFMFT.

DTYN24S13
Car: 93 Fastback

I heard somethings that he has done off the court... And i'm not impressed with him.

I respect his game, but I do not like him as a person.

And the closest he'll ever get to michael jordan status is the number 23.

DTYN24S13
Car: 93 Fastback

And Lebron did his thing today... but it doesnt change anything, he came up short again and hes at home watching the celtics play.

nissan~240sx
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SR Blacktop...Finally Boosting

DTYN24S13 wrote:And Lebron did his thing today... but it doesnt change anything, he came up short again and hes at home watching the celtics play.
45 points and still lost??????????

CELTICS FTMFW son!!!!!
DTYN24S13 wrote:I heard somethings that he has done off the court... And i'm not impressed with him.

I respect his game, but I do not like him as a person.

And the closest he'll ever get to michael jordan status is the number 23.

NSR240sxe wrote:
well said chase

the cavs are still awesome and LEBRON is THE KING!
u got jokes, who died and made him king? looks like the "king" needs to learn how to be a team player form now on...in the press conference he said that the cavs need new personnell, is he the GM? o yea i forgot, he's the king of cleveland
NSR240sxe wrote:
let see....he scored 45 points, 6 assists and carries his team on his shoulders soo WHAT NOW?? dont hate b/c he can play ball, its not his fault his team doesnt help him out
he still lost son bwahahahaha

NSR240sxe
Car: '97 Kouki S14, '98 Sentra SE

nissan~240sx wrote:he still lost son bwahahahaha
son??? haha try learning to talk to a girl and the CAVS lost, so what. they still made it to round 2 in the playoffs so good for them!

and just because u have an opinion about someone and ur jealous doesnt mean u need to trash talk them...I am a HUGE cavs/lebron fan (always have, always will) so please show some respect. thx

ddrumman
Car: 08 FX35 39,000 mi, 07 G35 55,500 mi, 72 MGB

Don't be a myopic homer.

Lebron's got crazy game. The only thing he lacks is hunger on the defensive end. He shows that hunger on the offensive end. When he starts to "want" to lock up the opposing team's best player and WANT to play D then you'll see that his stock will rise dramatically.

Michael Jordan didn't become a winner until he realized that it's 5 vs. 5. I remember (I'm dating myself here) watching MJ lose to the Cs and Pistons all the time. It took Phil Jackson to point MJ to the right direction. Even when MJ and the Bulls were doing their thing they always posed match up problems to the opposing Western Champion opponent. They were lucky that they never faced the Rockets in the Finals. They would have lost. The Bulls were never that dominant against great centers. And NO I don't think MJ is the only guy who could refer to himself in the third person. I think that Bill Russel, Kareem, Magic and Larry Bird to name but a few earned the ....if you can call it a right.... to do that.

Learn to enjoy the opposing player's game if it's warranted. As much as it pains me to say: I love watching Manu Ginobili because he brings it every night.

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

Lebron had 45 points, while Pierce scored 40 something. The Celtics won cause Pierce finally had a good game.

I went to Celtics vs Hawks game 6. The Celtics are not the team people thought they were. The Hawks took them to seven games and so did the Cavs. That shows how shaky they have been playing in the postseason.

Old Man Cassell's gonna have a heart attack on the court...

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

I don't see why you hate LeBron so much. He's basically a one man team. IMHO he's the 2nd best player in the NBA right now trailing very closely to Kobe Bryant. He has carried his team to the finals last year, and the semis this year basically all by himself. The only other half decent players on the team are Z and Big Ben.

Secondly, I don't see how you can compare him to MJ when he is only 24?!? Is taking the worst team in basketball to the finals in your first few years so bad? He is the leading scorer in the league and was at the tops of the list in a ton of things. Not to mention he's a pretty decent person. I think you're taking his "third person" thing the wrong way. I don't think he's being cocky, that is just how he is. If you want cocky, go talk to Kobe Beef Bryant. LeBron is so much of a better person than him they're not even comparable.

In conclusion, the Cavs lost game 7 (away mind you). LeBron had 45 points while Pierce had 40 I think. Just do a quick comparison. The Cavs have LeBron, who is their only star player. The Celtics have Garnnet, Pierce, Allen, and Cassel. That is four on one. Now if you think that LeBron is a bad player, you're crazy. It takes some kind of tallent to have the skill of four players, plus their bench (Celtics have better bench players).

I'm not being biased or anything, I'm just saying you should give him some credit, he's only 24, and who says he's gotta be like MJ? Why can't he create his own legacy instead of following in the footsteps of another?

GO SUNS!!!

nissan~240sx

AZ89two4Tsx wrote:I don't see why you hate LeBron so much. He's basically a one man team. IMHO he's the 2nd best player in the NBA right now trailing very closely to Kobe Bryant. He has carried his team to the finals last year, and the semis this year basically all by himself. The only other half decent players on the team are Z and Big Ben.

Secondly, I don't see how you can compare him to MJ when he is only 24?!? Is taking the worst team in basketball to the finals in your first few years so bad? He is the leading scorer in the league and was at the tops of the list in a ton of things. Not to mention he's a pretty decent person. I think you're taking his "third person" thing the wrong way. I don't think he's being cocky, that is just how he is. If you want cocky, go talk to Kobe Beef Bryant. LeBron is so much of a better person than him they're not even comparable.

In conclusion, the Cavs lost game 7 (away mind you). LeBron had 45 points while Pierce had 40 I think. Just do a quick comparison. The Cavs have LeBron, who is their only star player. The Celtics have Garnnet, Pierce, Allen, and Cassel. That is four on one. Now if you think that LeBron is a bad player, you're crazy. It takes some kind of tallent to have the skill of four players, plus their bench (Celtics have better bench players).

I'm not being biased or anything, I'm just saying you should give him some credit, he's only 24, and who says he's gotta be like MJ? Why can't he create his own legacy instead of following in the footsteps of another?

GO SUNS!!!
yea, never said he was a bad player, he's obviously good...i just hate how self absorbed he is. thats all...and how he isnt that much of a team player

s13jus10
Car: '92 Nissan S13 Coupe

The good:-Good in transition offense-Good passer when he wants to be-Good finisher-Strong-Springs like a mofo

The bad:-Can't shoot for SHIET!-Bad shot decisions-Shouldn't be running Point like he does-Very streaky player.. he's either REALLY on, or REALLY off-Chokes in clutch situations

He is in NO way, shape, or form comparable to MJ or Kobe. But for his age, he's already developing into a pretty solid player. He just needs to learn his role (no Lebron, you're NOT a guard. you're a SMALL FORWARD) and needs to mature in his decision making.. and we can't deny the fact that he is simply dominant once he gets in the lane.

also..

BOO SUNS.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

s13jus10 wrote: also..

BOO SUNS.
Excuse me.....

hannibal

Flagrant 2. Raja ejected plus a fine. I didnt see that clip, but from the still, you could charge him with assault too.

s13jus10, I think Lebron passes TOO much (especially in clutch situations).

Zjay626

haha he is good tho the king deserves some credit

s14aleXXX
Car: 95 240sx with 97 front conversion (Zouki)

this guys wack. DWADEEE homie

1320n12

One thing to say MVP

ShadyAltima
Car: Nissan Altima 06 2.5SL

Lebron is an Amazing player, I effeing HATE Kobe tho. Its gonna be either Lebron or Kobe for MVP.

Lou Guido

He won't win many championships. At least not until later in his career.

Kalypso

...I think he is dazzling to watch

ego's seem to be all the rage with today's athletes but so be it.

RCA

Way too cocky

Definitely has a reason to be...

puds682

he is still a very talented player and he can brag about himself he can back it up

Kalypso

his ego is just him being immature, I look past it, because i dont talk to the guy on a daily basis... nor do I have to see him.

missshiftmr2

I don't believe he's immature because he conducts himself with in a very humble manner when every1 compares his accomplishments to legends like oscar robertson. And i think he's much more physical than kobe and we forget this guy is only like 24 years old and has much time to develop a shot.... he might go down as the best player in history based on the fact that he cant be stopped on the drive... by the way im a pacers fan

Kalypso

history counts championships.... so lets see what happens

hannibal

Lebron James, 2009 MVP. He deserves it...

ddrumman

That was an awesome game with the Cavs vs. Magic. Lebron has matured an awful lot over the last 12 months. I believe the Olympic experience has taken him and his game to another level. Same w/Carmello.

Did you guys see him (Lebron) diving for the loose ball at the end of the game after Dolante West missed the 3 that would have put them up by 2. He was NOT right physically but still dove on the floor with everyone diving on top of him. He, is something we've never seen before. I hate it when people want to say that "....so and so is the next Micahel Jordan....". I remember when the sports world would say that Michaael was the next Dr J. This guy is bigger, stronger, faster and different. Michael was always of the mind to score first. This guy is a different animal.

So.... now he DOES want to play D and wants to lock up the opposing team's best player. So his stock has risen. The next step is to become "THE closer". When he starts doing that watch out.

nissan~240sx

i just feel like lebron plays every game like its pick up basketball becuz the media and all the fans make him seem like some basketball god. there was a few seconds left at the end of the third quarter where they gave the ball to lebron to take the last shot. he dribbles like he is in a pick up game taunting hedo turkoglu, then winds up air balling the shot. he had been driving the ball to the basket the whole night and scoring, u mean to tell me that that three point shot was a sign of his maturity? lebron has become too hyped up by the media and everybody. i thinks its starting to get into his head that he's better than everyone.

(i know he hit the game winning three, but to be quite honest, even he was surprised the shot went in)

nissan~240sx

does he really deserve to be a billionaire? do u guys think he is THAT good? better than Michael Jordan?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/ne...=lgns

un-freakin-believeable. the NBA and the cavaliers are sucking this dudes sack. hell, even all of china seems to be getting a taste of lebrons balls. this lebron being the KING bullcrap needs to end. i hope it ends violently too.

ddrumman

nissan~240sx wrote:.................. u mean to tell me that that three point shot was a sign of his maturity? ....................

(i know he hit the game winning three, but to be quite honest, even he was surprised the shot went in)
The sign that he's maturing is the fact that he plays both ends of the court and his willingness to defend the other teams best player. Not the 3 point shot. Like him flying down the court to block a shot from behind even though I thought the ball was over the cylinder.

As far as him being surprised that he hit that shot is because he's never done that in a playoff game of that magnitude. I mean if he doesn't make it they are staring at 0-2. That's HUGE, because after last night we see that they would be 0-3 rather than the more managable (for Cavs fans) 1-2.

As far as the hype.........well do you think that he calls the media and tells them that he wants all that hype and that they oblige? He can't help it. They are doing their job. This thing Kobe vs. LeBron is all Hollywood $hit.

As far as him being a billionaire look up Forbes and you'll see about the section of "richest black Americans". After Oprah and her 2.7 bil then you'll see Tiger, Robert Johnson the owner of the bobcats, Michael, Magic...and then further down Kobe and then Shaq but no Lebron. Anyway I don't know what this has to do with him being a great player..........

Return to “The Sports Bar”