Leather Like Seat Covers for 99 Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
totaljett
Car: 1999 Q45T

2002 Q45

Hi,
My front seats, mainly the driver, are showing age by way of tears. Along with some insulation loss on driver side lumbar. Having them reupholstered is last or not an interested option. I've search Ebay from time to time, seeking OEM seats. I would be satisfied with compatible simulated leather seat covers for the Q. You guys know of any?

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

A long time ago, when VIPStyleCars.com was popular, someone tried to get a group buy together for Y33 seat covers through Clazzio I believe. Might want to try and see if they can make some. Otherwise I have only seen Japanese companies make covers. I haven't checked in a few years but they were not cheap. I might be interested in a set depending on the style and cost.

totaljett

2002 Q45

Thanks for the info

98_Q45

I was lucky to be able to get 2 replacement seats a couple years or so ago. Both were in relatively mint condition. Did the same on my Maxima, even swapping them for i30s. Unfortunately the drivers side is getting the seemingly common side peeling. But it’s not as bad as my originals. The i30 seats don’t do that.

What city/state are you in? Sometimes it pays to go to the next city/state over and see what’s available. That’s often what I done.

I’ve used a universal leather seat cover before on my Maxima, but I ended up pulling it off because it started wearing. There’s a big difference between a $3,000 seat (infinitipartsdeal), and a $60 seat cover lol. I went back to the “fatigued leather” look lol.

I’ve started doing something new lately to prevent accelerated wear: seat cushions and furniture throws. Helps absorb the shock and keep the seat a little cooler.

totaljett

2002 Q45

Now, when you say check over to the next town how do you mean? So far, my method of search has been eBay. Although, I'm open to other possible resources . Plus, are there seats in the Infiniti or Nissan category that will swap out with my original front seats? Sometimes, I think I should make more effort to find an upholsterer who will simply do patch work but the few have come across want to strip whole seat. Because of the Q's age and mileage, practicality reigns in keeping such a project, less costly as possible. However, the timeless beauty, continued enjoyment and reliability of the car, justifies the reasonable restoration...lo.

98_Q45

totaljett wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:24 am
Now, when you say check over to the next town how do you mean? So far, my method of search has been eBay. Although, I'm open to other possible resources . Plus, are there seats in the Infiniti or Nissan category that will swap out with my original front seats? Sometimes, I think I should make more effort to find an upholsterer who will simply do patch work but the few have come across want to strip whole seat. Because of the Q's age and mileage, practicality reigns in keeping such a project, less costly as possible. However, the timeless beauty, continued enjoyment and reliability of the car, justifies the reasonable restoration...lo.
I meant like salvage yard seats. That’s how I did mine a couple years ago. Got lucky and found a car just like mine... color and all, with mint condition seats. Ebay would likely be very expensive to ship.

What state are you in, if you don’t mind? (I know I like to keep my whereabouts private too lol). I just ask because if you’re in a state with multiple cities, within a couple hours... it could make a nice afternoon or weekend trip to go salvage yard shopping and you might find atleast 1 good seat. I do that about once or twice a year if I see an area that has multiple Qs in a lot. I always find something I need (and good lord has this car needed ALOT of things from salvage, thanks to the previously horridly neglected state it was in and hard to find parts).

Of course when it comes to interior seats, you just never know until you get there. Best to get as soon as vehicle becomes available. I’ve seen perfectly good seats ruined or marred by people sitting parts on top of them. I wish people at the salvage yards were more considerate... interior parts often get no mercy.

I don’t know of any exchange seats that’ll fit like maxima/i30 are. Though I’ve heard of some people getting by. I sure wish because 2021 is taking a fast toll on 90s leather. Tint, cover and condition is about best I can do.

totaljett

2002 Q45

Oops, I actually thought I had posted North Carolina in my previous message. Anyway, I'm coming out of North Carolina. You're right about shipping cost when it comes to eBay. Getting back to valuing salvage yards is something I should continue. Before this whole internet seen, that was to go to and I've kinda forgotten about it...lo.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”