krash's vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

^^^ You're right, the picture looks a little "glitched" :bigthumb:

Krash, cars lookin great. Its amazing how much more enjoyable it is to drive when the rear window isn't all torn up.

Judas
Car: 240sx convertible air ride / Toyota Supra MKIV TT manual

ghost_22_47 wrote:The black seats, They look like they could be 350z seats but I wasn't sure.
Those are from s15. :)

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

glitched wrote:
krash wrote:It finally got done.
lol, perspective made me do a double take. Looks like a boat sitting on cynder block, sitting on ur car.
:rotfl

sci2000tech wrote: Krash, cars lookin great. Its amazing how much more enjoyable it is to drive when the rear window isn't all torn up.
Thanks man! I love not getting "wtf" stares from people all the time. It feels like a real car now haha

krash

Update time

I finally got around to installing the energy suspension bushings in the front, and I took off my fenders for a coat of bedliner

Putting the suspension back together

I also started chopping up my doors

Just have to do the passenger side now

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

What are you doing for seatbelts? Moving or using harness?

krash

I'm moving them, but I think a harness wouldn't be a bad idea later down the road.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Looking good so far. Is it me, or did you take a bit too much off the doors? I can't remember if ASC took off a bunch of the regular skin when they welded the extra outer skin on. If you want me to take pictures of what I did for my belt relocation, I can. The only hold up I'm running into is getting the interior put back together around them.

krash

You're talking about that big empty space in the bottom left corner, right? I saw pics in the door pillar thread and got confused about that as well. ASC cut that chunk out so that they could bolt these in:

and thats what the seatbelts are bolted too. I'm going to try to grind those pieces down a bit and see if they can stay bolted on in that space, just for more strength.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

coupe doors FTW :p

I kid. Like I said, I can snap some quick pics for my seat belt setup if you still want. It's slightly different from what I've seen some do.

krash

coupe doors would have been so much easier. But I couldn't find a decent set, and I'm cheap :gapteeth: Yea pics of how you did the belts would be cool man :dblthumb:

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I'll grab 'em after the sun comes up.

I got lucky on my doors. I had a buddy with a fastback shell that would sell me parts for cheap. I think I paid overall $30-40 for my doors.

krash

:squint: I paid 35 for my panels. The cheapest doors I found were 100 bucks, no panels, and two different colors.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

The backlighting was horrible:

Hopefully you can see that I cut a section of metal out so I could weld a nut to the backside of the plate to attach the tensioner to.

Pretty standard up here. Just had to angle it so it would turn towards the front.

Aside from the nuts and bolts, everything else are parts of the rear seatbelts.

And my buddy was also the same guy that sold me the rear brake and upright assemblies from his Skyline GTS-T rear for $80

krash

thanks for the pics dude! thats pretty close to how I did it. I mounted the top loop to where the metal bracket for the pillar was. Feels great! Pics tomorrow when I'm awake amigos

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

I have my seatbelts like that and now they are folded and what not and dont always retract back in :(

krash

Did you flip the latch (the part that clicks into the side) around? you have to flip that around on the strap. Also, I had to bolt the anchor next to the seat on backwards. Everything is straight and comfy now.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

Wait what latch?

krash

The seatbelt latch, the part that clicks into the receiver?

Its been a while since I've updates, so heres a few.

Started making a phone dock in my center console. No I don't upgrade phones often. Yes I do have another center console.

Needs moar sanding and some paint. I'll post the final results.

Also, changed my front rotors. I went to autozone and picked up two duralast rotors. Got home and opened the packaging to find this:

Guess I saved 20 bucks.

Before and after:

krash

UPPPDAAATTTTEEEEEEEEE

So I've been driving around for a while now, ignorant to the fact that I've been burning oil. Long story short, I've got some serious valve tapping. So I went ahead and pulled the head from my old engine and I'm replacing the valve seals on it. Then I'm going to swap that head with the one thats currently in my car. Then I decided to finally fix my exhaust. Its got leaks everywhere.

Theres a leak on the flange that connects the manifold pipe to the cat, theres a big a** hole in the resonator, and theres a crack in the piping somewhere. So I bought an Apexi dual-N1 knock-off and some pacesetter headers. The headers should come in next week. Before anyone says anything about the exhaust, I know what I'm getting into. I know the hangers will break at some point and I know its heavy, and I know it takes a bit to install. I really like how it sounds though. Here's some pics!

This is the head from my old engine. Doesn't have any problems, but I'm changing the valve seals.

Head gasket kit from FRsport.com. Great guys to deal with.

USDM TYtE KA powered silvia y0!

The exhaust. Welds and build quality are better than I expected.

More updates when I finally get to install this stuff!!

krash

Header came in today:

Quality is alright. The welds are a little sloppy here and there, but for what I paid for it, I can't complain.

biggie

So after this weekend our cars exahaust will apparently match.

krash

haha, seem's so. My factory stuff was too far gone to revive. Good luck with the EGR pipe. I think I'm going to cut mine and join it again somehow.

biggie

I'm hoping my EGR comes off easily, also my header has a plug in it, hope it comes out easily as well. If not I may be deleting everything.

krash

Tried to take off the EGR pipe today. NO LUCK. wrapped a WD-40 soaked cloth around it and let it sit last night. came out this morning and pwnd it with more WD-40. Didn't budge. I think I cut and join method is going to have to be the way...

krash

Ended up cutting the EGR pipe and then using a vise to take it out of the manifold. I'll join the two with a rubber hose or something.

took the head out of the car yesterday:

Also cleaned up the tops of the pistons:
Can't really do much to it until the weekend because of school.

Also, did some experimenting and found out how to burn stainless steel. I need a little bit more practice, but here's a proof of concept:

After I'm good enough at gauging the heat of it, I'm going to burn my exhaust tips.

krash

Its been a while, car's still not on the road, but now I have time to work on it

Did some cleaning

Before

After

Got the head on:

Then I realized I wanted to replace the upper chain so I took everything back apart to install this:

And thats where she sits right now. I also ordered some XXR 527s, 17x8.25 +25 in bronze. They should ship the week of june 8th. So thats exciting. more updates to come this week. I've got a lot of time on my hands now.

Sittinsidewayz420
Car: 93 Nissan 240SX Convertible

ahhhh if only you could help me with my cylinder head bro - ______ -. I think im lacking power becuz my valves are stickin and im runnin on 3 cylinders instead of 4, no bueno : (. Dude u totally need to come over and help me out one day! btw its euceda in case ur wonderin lol. REPLY ASAP PLEZZZZZ

krash

Its quite possible that the valve timing is off. I need to plop this motor in my car and then I'll come over and help you out!

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Krash: regarding the stuck EGR problems, do you think a rubber hose would have any melting/softening problems that close to the exhaust? Mine is stuck pretty tight as well and I might end up cutting it also, so it's good to know a solution.

krash

I think it should be fine. If you look at the emissions system on the exhaust side, there is a rubber hose connecting the lower emission pipe to another component as well. Seeing that, I figured it should be fine. I did drive the car around a little bit and it seems to have held up. In the long run I don't know how it'll hold up, but worst case scenario is that the rubber piece would melt and you have to replace it. I think its a good trade off for not having to battle with the damn bung every time you need to do some work down there.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”