krash's vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

That's your sister?

Sounds good - and I'm a real musician, so I'd know. Tell her some creepy old guy from the internet saw her on you tube and said she sounds good.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

lol, I'll be sure to tell her that. What instrument do you play btw?

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

I have a very long musical resume - no sense cluttering it up here.

zerothread/289597

"Ctrl + F" type: "dexter" hit "Enter" till you get to my huge post.

krash

Well guys, its been a while since I've updated this thread, and now I have a good reason to. A good friend of mine, Herbert (he has a TT Z32), hooked me up with a deal where If I help him pull the motor out of his friend's car, I can keep the tranny. So yes, I now have a 5 speed swap. I believe all I need is the clutch pedal and the hardline. This is what I was askin about the tools for in the other thread. This dude lives like 30 mins away and I didnt want to take a bunch of tools and lug them around everywhere. So without further ado, my swap parts:

Finally, a stick shift!

I'm excited!

So yup, there it is. I'm probably going to get around to the swap around next month so I will be updating soon! Thanks guys for the help, and thanks to Herbert for the hook-up!!

S15nS13vert
Car: 95 240sx with a s15 engine 6speed tranny, 94 S13.4 SKYLINE VERT and a 08 Lexus RX350

ohhh man 5 speed, hope you get it on quick. have to let me know how it drives? meaning is it quicker?p.s. dude u got hairy arms good luck

krash

Yea I'm sure its going to be quicker, the Auto is a 4spd right? and you can shift at whatever rpms you want with MT. and yea, I got hairy arms, I'm indian dude haha

nissan_star
Car: 2000 maxima se and 1993 240sx vert (5sp!!!)

krash14 wrote:Brother and Sister verts:
AWWWWWWWW!!!

wait im not done yet,

AAAWWWWWWW!!!JK

btw, your ebay steering wheel looks like my nismo steering wheel!!! except mine has silver metal, black stiching and an uber cool nismo horn.

Congrats on the purchase!!!how many miles does it have on her?

krash

nissan_star wrote: AWWWWWWWW!!!

wait im not done yet,

AAAWWWWWWW!!!JK

btw, your ebay steering wheel looks like my nismo steering wheel!!! except mine has silver metal, black stiching and an uber cool nismo horn.

Congrats on the purchase!!!how many miles does it have on her?
Thanks dude! the steering wheel is a knockoff of the nismo one I guess. I've seen the nismo one and it looks very similar. I think I can get the nismo horn button too! oh and she has 128k, but shes in really god condition!

krash

Well heres a tiny update on teh vert, popped the wheels from the black vert on there. I also got a catback and put that on, now all I need is the cat and the pipe from the manifold. I'm also in the process of leathering the door inserts, and its not going to happen easily.

The car looks completley different in my eyes. These should probably hold me off until I get money for p45's

S15nS13vert
Car: 95 240sx with a s15 engine 6speed tranny, 94 S13.4 SKYLINE VERT and a 08 Lexus RX350

p45 are hawt!!!lookin nice dude

nissan_star

try marine grade vinyl, it is probably easier, and i know its cheaper. I used it for my glovebox and it looks damn good.

krash

The problem is getting the leather vinyl to conform to the contours of the panel. I think I need to actually use a heat gun instead of a blow dryer or something. I did my glove box and it looks beautiful

nissan_star

Yeah heat gun may be nesc. At least use 3m spray glue, there are plenty of write ups on what you are doing here on nico.

krash

So I've been doing some interior restoration this week. I found a bunch of rust....

no worries though, I used some rust converter and then rustoleum so it should be good

Soooooo, guess what this means??? This means that I'm at a place where I can take off the sound deadening My question to you guys:

Should I do it?????

holemilk00

If you want my honest opinion? If its not a full out track car, that you trailer to the track, race, and trailer home, its pretty damn ricerish to take the sound matting out. To me its like big huge tachs on your stock motor car. But that's just me, I mean if you want to save weight in your car, leave your spare tire out when you go out to race.

krash

hahah very true my friend. Honestly, if I wanted to save weight I could start by swapping out my doors. This is most likely not going to be a trailer -> track car. More of a fun car that will see its track days. I was thinking about taking out the deadening basically to hear the car, which is pretty illogical and what not but I like the idea. It was just a thought though, I most likely wont do it, unless someone tells me how awesome life is without sound deadening how much weight does it save anyway?

holemilk00

I've heard anywhere from 15lbs to 40lbs, but I think some of those numbers are inflated. And you have a vert, I don't think hearing the car is going to be a problem.

krash

So I did some cleaning on the new KA:

The tools of the trade (for the initial cleaning):

Look at all that crud......

Heres a bit of a before shot. I already had cleaned the upper part somewhat.

And then it started getting dark out so I wrapped up. This was the product of the day

I also did alot of rust killing a while back that I never posted up.

yea, rust was all over the place under the carpet.

Chemo for cars.

You spread it on and then it converts the remaining rust into a protective coating. I don't know how.

Then I started masking for rustoleum

And the final product

So the interior restoration is just about done. I need to pop my door panels back on and thats about it. The KA swappage should start sometime next week. while its incapacitated I'm hoping to get under the car, scrub off all the grime and crap, and respray some new undercoating. The factory undercoating is peeling off! More to come guys!

krash

RISE FROM THE DEAD OLD THREAD

So I got a little update here, got the car all put together again and got it registered and tagged. It runs pretty well, although I have a few exhaust leaks, need a new oil pan gasket (VERY small, very slow leak, but its a leak), and the tranny is on its way out. Well yesterday was an awesome day out here and the leaves where perfect, AND I happened to have my camera, so I did a little shoot next to the creek.

Turned out a lot better than I expected! Oh, and I posted up a steering wheel earlier that I was going to put on. I don't recommend it at all. It looks nice and all, but its just too small. And the hub that it comes with doesn't turn off the turn signals, and its a very cheap hub.

Azrial
Car: 93 240sx vert, 1990 pignose hatchback roller

I am digging the band aid. Glad you got your car tagged and running you should come help get mine running now.

krash

haha I get alot of comments about the band aid, I think its cool I would help you on your vert, but I think its a bit of a hike haha

krash

Might trade my stockers for those. Any thoughts?

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

As per request

I recommend them!!

krash

awesome, thats just what I needed to see. I think I'm going to do it. Thanks man!

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

Good luck krash! If you look at my avatar, I have the same lights on my vert as the other guy did. They look really good on any 240.

krash

well, got some nice updates. Unfortunatley the guy that was going to trade tail lights with me flaked out so I still have my stockers. But for christmas, my parents added some cash to my 240sx fund and I was able to get some nice KYB AGX's! they have like 6000 miles on them and I picked them up for 250. They also had RS*R lowering springs on them. Its a nice drop, not too low, just how I like it

the reason shocks were up on the list: My car was doing a gangster lean of sorts

Stockers:

The front shocks installed:

Taking apart the rear:

Rear installed:

The car handles SO much better now. I don't have them set all the way stiff, the front is set at 2 and the rear at 4. I might actually turn them down for now because the county is repaving some main roads around here. But where the roads are good, the handling is unbelieveable compared to what it was before. I think next up is tie rods and tie rod ends. I've heard that those make a huge difference in handling as well.

Here is how the car is sitting:

Before:

After:

P.Web
Car: 91 240sx se hatch/ 91 mazda b2600i ext. cab

nice car bro. im tryin to save up for a vert.

S15nS13vert

car is lookin good bro!!, what nxt on ur plans?

krash

I would love some wheels to fill up the wheel wells but I NEED other things first. I think next on the list is the full bushing kit and tie rods. Man, I can't wait until I can focus on modifications and not replacing worn out parts haha

starbai
Car: 2009 Accord Coupe, 2004 S2000, 1992 Prelude Si

real cleann!!! looking nice! I see big things coming... subscribed to see your progress

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”