Kouki Type-X Cluster Wiring Help

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
DreamN
Car: '93 240SX Coupe (TrackSlut)
'93 240SX 'Vert (DailySlut)

You're removing the clear plastic protector and moving the actual needle in a counter clock-wise motion. Move it past the actual gauge area and over the black trim slightly. Then let it settle. It's trial and error. You may have to do it multiples times. If you over do it then do the opposite motion with the needle.

Once you start playing with it you'll catch on to what I'm saying. Remember to do this with a full tank and gauges on (car does not have to be on, but gauges do.
whowutwut wrote:Hey DreamN, Interesting info! I need to find some time to take the cluster back out, it's a pain.... What exactly are you adjusting? Are you taking off the front plastic and moving the needle itself? or is there something you are turning... you mention counter clockwise. Is is something on the back of the gauge cluster?

s13_silvia_redtop
Car: 240sx

looks great im thinking about doing the swap myself. i just dont want to buy the 180sx gauges and they not work right in my usdm 240sx

finalgear
Car: 91 240sx /90 240sx

It will work just fine.

DreamN

As long as you do everything properly it will work. There is more than enough information in this thread so that even the most novice could install this part.

PhopsonNY

So I know this is a tough one...

Has anyone thought of or figured out how to make the speedo and odo read in MPH instead of kph?

DreamN

PhopsonNY wrote:So I know this is a tough one...

Has anyone thought of or figured out how to make the speedo and odo read in MPH instead of kph?
If the Kouki cluster is anything like the regular Japanese gauge clusters then this write up is pretty much the answer.

http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/vi ... p?p=989022

If it's similar to that of the S14 clusters then this article sheds some light on the subject, but is pretty vague.

http://forum.rensports.com/viewthread.php?tid=252

I haven't put much effort into testing ieither out as I haven't really had the time to do so. Not to mention the fact that I currently don't have an extra cluster to play around with.

Maybe someone has an extra cluster lying around and is willing to open it up to take a couple shots of the insides. If so, please do as it will help greatly.
Modified by DreamN at 8:47 PM 12/30/2009

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”