Alright, long post incomming.. So recently I’ve lost some motivation and I haven’t worked that much on my car. But I’ve been doing some stuff every now and then and I took some pictures
I’m gonna to go trough one thing at a time.
So after I Drilled trough the wrong whole, I made a bushing with the inner diametre a little smaller than oem size so I could get the head machined, press in the bushing and machine it back to oem standard size
The new bushing blocked the oil gallery, so I had to mill a new opening for it
Checking the angle to adjust the milling head
Unfortanly I don’t have a picture of the finished result, but it’s good.
I made this tool for fitting the new seat, I cooled it down with a cooling spray to shrink it and knocked it in with a hammer
Got some help from Tommy to machine it
I put my valve covers in the part cleaner, and glass blasted them to clean them thoroughly
After all this I assembled the valvetrain and tried assembling the head on the block, since I went up to M12 I drilled up the holes for the bolts, the holes for the guides and everything so it should fit, but it didn’t.. There was a problem.. The M12 bolt’s head was to big, so I had to modify this as well..
I dissembled the subframe I got from Tommy, removed the bushings, sand blasted it, repainted it and fitted it with new bushings. I used Megan Racing rubber bushings in the subframe and Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings in the rest.
I was a struggle to get the balljoints for the lower control arm since Nissan doesn’t sell them, but I figured out after some forum searching that I could use the front ball joints from a Sentra B12. So I bought a set of Moog on Ebay.
I also got Moog S14 balljoint’s for the S14 spindles.
I assembled the OEM S14 lugs to the spindles
I got my hands on a S15 differential
I dissembled my original diff, glass blasted the outside, cleaned it thoroughly and added acid primer
Then I painted it black and started to assemble it again, I used the crown gear from the stock diff.
Pinion torqued to spec
I checked the diff runout, the manual said 0.05 mm but I ended up on 0.06mm
I bought some oil based paint to check tooth contact
I also glass blasted the calipers, cleaned them and put them back together for painting.
The colour is called Austin Yellow
I applied a coating called Max Protect V3
Went to Nissan and got new lock nuts for the for the front hubs
I’m not sure what discs I got on the rear since they were opened, but I got DBA 4000 series rotors on the front with Yellow stuff pads
However I’m running into some issues with the front brakes, the rear ones fits like a glove but on the front the calipers are crashing with the rotors, and I’m not sure why. I’m gonna try to get another set of rotors to see if that might be the issue. When I googled the part number its specified “Application(s):
6/98-8/93 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R - 2.6L Twin Turbo - Front
" that makes me wonder if it might be R33 discs.
Here you see a good gap between the caliper and the rotor
Here it crashes (towards the wheel, on both sides)