Key fob programmer messed me up help

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
dirtyleft

I used the Dorman key fob programmer on my 2008 Altima. Now it will not work. The red light with a key in it is on but it will not turn over. It says to up plug the negative battery cable to reset but that is not working. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

There's an old saying that says you get what you pay for.

1. Contact a reputable locksmith in your area that can reprogram key fobs. No guarantee it will work but that's probably your cheapest option.
2. Visit your local Nissan dealership and let the people with the knowledge and correct tools fix it for you. It may cost a lot more but it will be guaranteed to work right.

dirtyleft

Thanks for the posting. I called a local locksmith they came in and programmed the new FOD. It works now. It actually cost less than the price of the Dorman programmer. The first locksmith i called before i purchased it quoted me 380 bucks. This guy came out for 110 and it would have been less if I had brought the car to the shop. So yes, you get what you pay for guys. Give a locksmith a call if you need to do this.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”