Kansas City Weekly Meets

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
ca18det_boy

I have a copy of the drift bible......

SturgeonGeneral

Hey Dan, ill be there this saturday at old chigaco, not sure about KCIR the 16th tho, cuz i have to work that night. I also have a copy of the drift bible....also have vol. 1-5 of Initial D:D

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

cool, can u make copies of Initial D?

-Dan

SturgeonGeneral

i dont have a dvd burner, otherwise i would.

SilviaSativa
Car: '93 240sx

We have EVERY(with subtitles) episode of Initial D...We'll make you a "going-away" present :)

Dano

haha sweeeeet

-Dan

ca18det_boy

Dan I can't bring the S13 out this weekend, blew the diff cover gasket. Don't really want to pull the pumkin right now. But we'll still be up this week!

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Well guys as soon as I get off work tonight I am heading in. If anyone wants to meet up before the meet and hang out, I will be there from tomorrow till next sunday. Dan has my cell number so give him a call or email. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Rubin

keepingthe240

ca18.. is your drift bible copy a dvd or a vhs?? Anyone have any typing software so i can learn how to type. Also looking for linux software...if you have it laying around. I'll be up at old chicago roughly 10-10:30 saturday.Can someone bring up a camera...i need a pic of myself real bad!!

ca18det_boy

/\DVD

Dano

ill have my camera.

-Dan

keepingthe240

I found some free typing software on cnet and i found some linux software on ebay for under $5.00 shipped ...just wanted to let who ever was going to go out of their way for me to know.ca18..am i going to be able to borrow the dvd?? Yo... i was wanting to know if a tech day was in the works. My themistat is stuck open and i'm getting kinda nervous if it gets too hot out and i run my a/c.

blackx
Car: Stikfas

http://www.linuxiso.org/

Why pay for something that is free?

Also CA have you actually tried to rip the DVD bible? I tried to rip it via DVD Xcopy and it will not rip. I have yet to try it via nero as a straight burn so that might work.

ca18det_boy

Nope haven't tried to Rip anything yet, However.......I think I might know of a way to get a copy of it on the PC then I can burn VCD's for everyone..................maybe................LOL.....................tee hee...............****.......need to go to work...........don't want to.........rather stay home and work on the car..................damn being a manager................I wanna be a peon again...............:(

Dano

see every1 at Old Chicago tonite!

-Dan

keepingthe240

Dan.. can you send the pic to [email protected] Also, what kind of drift spot are you wanting?? Well lit?? Real dark?? A real curvy road?? A 90* turn ?? A vacent paking lot?? ca18.. i was going to stick (the drift bible) in my dvd and make a copy to my vhs. I do have a bunch of cdr discs (no cases though) if your going to make a copy to a cdr. Black... I checked out the site and it would of been helpful if i had dsl/cable. Here is the software i was wanting(see below) i clocked it at taking 26 hrs to download. But i just bought red hat ver.8.0( unopened) on ebay. http://www.suse.com/us/private....html

laylu
Car: spending time with my kids, cars, computers,

i just put my car in the shop, no tail lights, replaced all fuses that needed it and bulbs, dreading what is wrong with, and my car still isnt running right from doing direct swap, so they going to diagnose whats wrong with it as well, hopefully it will be something we can fix ourselves, i pray it is heh, so i wont be running at all, be lucky if i get my car back by this weekend :(

sideshowbob, i am running no thermostat at all right now, and doesnt seem to effect my temp, though i am not running with ac, but i do alot of my travel to work on highway, and once i get to town and slow down i dont have problems in that department, though that could change depending on whats going on with my car, i sent you email let me know on that stuff k, later

holly

Import_Ant

laylu wrote:...sideshowbob, i am running no thermostat at all right now, and doesnt seem to effect my temp...

All the thermostat does is act like a tempertature-controlled door between the water jacket and the radiator (i.e. removing the thermostat won't cause you to overheat, the only thing removing it will do is cause your engine to run too cool thus lowering your engine's efficency.)

-Aaron

ca18det_boy

/\ sorry roomie, but the thermostat will cause your car to overheat. What the thermostat does is act like a cold drink of water on a hot day. when the engine water temp reaches X degree then the thermostat opens pushing the old hot coolant out and letting in the nice cold coolant. Its an endless cycle of heat transfer. If you don't have a thermostat in then the coolant is one set temp. instead of cycling through. I.E it doesn't have time to cool down thus increasing the overall temperature.

-Aaron

Import_Ant

ca18det_boy wrote:/\ sorry roomie, but the thermostat will cause your car to overheat. What the thermostat does is act like a cold drink of water on a hot day. when the engine water temp reaches X degree then the thermostat opens pushing the old hot coolant out and letting in the nice cold coolant. Its an endless cycle of heat transfer. If you don't have a thermostat in then the coolant is one set temp. instead of cycling through. I.E it doesn't have time to cool down thus increasing the overall temperature.

-Aaron

hypothetically that's true but so is the scenario i stated. if a given car has a moderately efficent cooling system the water will be cycled enough to prevent it from heating up too much. in example about a year ago my thermostat in the eclipse broke so that it was constantly open. this was during the summer and I could hardly get it to warm up let alone reach operating temp. ANYway my point is I think we both agree that running w/ no thermostat or a damaged thermostat is bad :-p (thanks for correcting me though)

-Aaron 2

ca18det_boy

True, I can accept both situations. I totally agree that running without a thermostat is a bad idea. However there are too many variables to take into account. Therefore neither one of us can really say. I can honestly say that I have seen both situations. However, like I said before. That IS the function of the thermostat, reguardless of the results.

keepingthe240

A copy and paste from this web site as followshttp://www.nissanperformancema...arah/

I want my engine to run a little cooler and was thinking about A) removing the thermostat totally or B) replacing it with a lower temperature one which opens at 62°C(169°F) where as the Nissan OE thermostat opens at 76.5°C(195°F). What is the pros and cons or both A and B?

While it used to be common with older, less sophisticated engines, to use a cooler thermostat in the summer to lower the engine’s operating temperature and a higher thermostat in the winter to heat up the engine more quickly, the computerized engine operations today require a constant operating temperature of about 195 degrees, which is why most thermostats are set to that temperature rating. The computer is set to work in a given temperature range that controls emissions, fuel economy, performance, and driveability. The coolant sensors help tell the computer when to operate certain mechanisms such as spark timing, fuel enrichment, EGR operation, and the EVAP charcoal canister purging. Use too cool a thermostat and the coolant might not reach the proper temperature to control those functions; too hot a thermostat and the functions may be triggered to come on too quickly. If you remove the thermostat completely, you risk throwing the entire system out of calibration.

laylu
Car: spending time with my kids, cars, computers,

i had to remove my thermostat, and hopefully after we get the problem diagnosed we will be able to put it back in, but my car over heated, it wasnt stuck open, it was put in right, it just over heated, after removing it i have been able to at least drive it, and fyi, my car still has to warm up to normal temp, i never said it was good for the car, just that im able to run without one, thank god the shop got my tail lights fixed, waiting to hear whats wrong with the car, which im still dreading,

i myself would recommend putting in a lower temp one, i hear of others that have done it and say it works wonders, its also alot healthier for your car, especially for what you are considering to do in the future

holly

keepingthe240

Any interest in having a meet @ arrowhead when they have an auto x event http://www.kcrscca.org $22.00 gets you 6 atempts racing. I'd kinda like to see what a 240 can do before i spend the time and money installing springs, bushings and ect.

Dano

sideshowbob wrote:Any interest in having a meet @ arrowhead when they have an auto x event http://www.kcrscca.org $22.00 gets you 6 atempts racing. I'd kinda like to see what a 240 can do before i spend the time and money installing springs, bushings and ect.

Run your 240 b4 and after you do your suspension work, then you can see how much difference it makes.

-Dan

keepingthe240

U B goofy !! WEll...maybe get a scary ride around the block with a 240 with the setup already done. At starbucks, there were a few tough 240's i wouldn't mind getting a ride in. I don't know if they changed their bushings and put all the parts on. I got 2 hobbies and i'm going to put my eggs in only 1 basket

Dano

suspension makes a huge difference. HUGE. but your suspension is only as good as your tires IMO, so thats also an important factor.

-Dan

ca18det_boy

A bone stock 240 would do great......just ask any DTM owner ;)

keepingthe240

You mean dsm?I have a 4 lug (base model) with 205/55/15's (450 nitto's) and 115k on the ticker and was planning on agx/stech/bushings/rear sub bushings/f and back strut bars/ nabs bars. Making this bad boy handle like a 'vette without going with coil overs

Dano

nope... he means DTM;)

-Dan

Return to “Midwest Region”