Kansas City weekly meets/gatherings

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

lets keep it small at first, then we can expand:)

-Dan

freakonaleash1187
Car: '93 300ZX N/A, '97 200SX SE

tonight was a good night. learned a lot about my car from goos. but only thing i didn't like about tonight is what happened at applebees. too sad to talk about that.

keepingthe240

sideshowbob wrote:I found the lotion. I amagine up @ walmart goos. No idea what time though

(sideshow) No show @walmart. Lets see who all can spot me @ kcir. White shirt with lettering onright side and goofy *** sunglasses (bad eyes)

Dano

i saw u after the hopoff crowd dispursed. tried to say hi but i guess there was too many ppl to hear me.

-Dan

keepingthe240

Was my sunglasses goffy *** or what ?? Add high rx with having scratchy lens for too long and you can't say %^&*. Someone from pax (channel 50) was there filming the whole thing, it will be on this saturday 10:30. Who was that that had the 240sx in the car show (in memery of paul "something") on the back window?? I saw a few 300z's by parallax tent. I didn't know if they were NICO members or what.The owner of parallex"sirus" whats to build a rb25 240. I asked about install prices and what not.... real cheap!!! Well i don't know if you all would help me get my $%^& on my car..so hey i was just checking. This yrs "show" was better in some ways/ just straight $%^&* in other ways. If only i put " drift club starting" on my t-shirt. WE could of got some people to start up a drift club. You could of found me though. Anyone else pop up!!

Dano

to my knowledge, none of the Zs belong to NICO members, and i have no idea on that S14... it was 5spd ABS SE with an unpainted silvia grille and injen intake...

-Dan

keepingthe240

Maybe the carshow club knows who it is. The name of the owner was writen on the entry form. It didn't drive down the strip during parade lap. I did walk down there a few times to see if the owner was standing by it. I figure it was one of us. I left when they were handing out the car show awards. I should of said this before... Someone should of put on their cars about the nissan club or had the tower mentain the club in some way or had a grundge match against a honda/toyota. Just a thought...

T-Hoe
Car: cars, computers, working out, *****es

One of the Z's that was at the Parallax tent was mine...the Pearl White one. The other black Z right next to me was my friend Mike's. We're both in the Heart of America Z Club and Sirus is one of our newer members. He didn't show his car at his tent because he's in the process of getting some work done on it. My other buddy was there too showing his red RX-7 and he's part of the KC RX-7 club.

I meant to post a heads up on this board to make sure you guys stopped by and met everyone, but I've been swamped here with work and with other things. I was wandering around the tent for the most part...I had the tan Georgia Tech hat on.

Great weekend...especially hanging at the tent with two of the bikini contest participants *growl*. I just wished there were more entries. Shouts go out to Tina, Brenda and Susan! It was a pleasure to meet you all! Thanks again to Sirus for being one hell of a guy in hosting the event, plus letting us show our cars at his tent.

Dano

T-Hoe, yeah i saw your car there but dont remember seeing you, nice Zs btw:)

-Dan

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

You guys trying to meet up this weekend? I'd totally be down, just let me know. Have any of you posted on KCSR yet? They're a pretty big group and we could get quite a few members from there.

Nick

Dano

yeah im on KCSR, met a couple ppl from there, they only seem to be interested in doing stuff with the ppl that they know from kcsr...

-Dan

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

I'll have my buddy whip them into shape.

Nick :)

Dano

yeah u should come out :) we still have yet to meet in person.

-Dan

blackx
Car: Stikfas

Well I will not be able to go to any meets this weekend since I have a friends pre-wedding get together happening but I would be game if something happened during the week.

Goose93
Car: 1996 300zx Twin Turbo

Friday seems to get more people out to 135th, which being the final destination after food and stories might make Friday a better choice.

Personally I like saturday since most of us don't work on Sunday. but being forcefully retired I don't really care.

discuss....

Dano

my votes for sat.

-Dan

blackx
Car: Stikfas

Sat I will be at work from 8pm to 4am.

Goose93

It is also very reasonable to believe that many of us will be going out both Friday and Saturday nights so the invite can be open for both evenings. I will probably be there either way. They have a pretty good burger that makes a great dinner before going out late.

Scott (the owner) really won't care. The volleyball leagues start to clear out about 8:30 so a 9:00pm arrival will give everyone plenty of time to gab and wait for the target parking lot to clear. The clubs kitchen is open until 11:00 and drinks are served until about 1:00.

Just a note: The volleyball club is all ages and is generally filled with 18-28 age group.

I will be there both nights from around 9 until about 10 - 10:30. Then I will be heading to Target.

Dano

ditto, probably..., if i dont see u at the volleyball joint, ill be at target.

-Dan

Goose93

I am only up because of a banter argument in another forum that won't die.

This weekend sounds good. You guys sould come out. The parking is street side facing the Softball fields. With a few hoods up we could definately grab some attention.

laylu
Car: spending time with my kids, cars, computers,

we would have showed up at kcir but we went to mo-kan, lot more runs at a cheaper price, and not much in the way of gas to get there, just time,

as for the cops at walmart-they were talking about if anyone is caught racing they are going straight to jail, and any spectators at the spot of racing will be given tickets and possibly arrested, as for the racing it self... if any one cares, the reason the cops were even called was because a couple of hondas went south bound on the road they generally launch at, instead of staying on the highway, and went straight into leawood, and at that an area that is heavily patrolled, and were seen, leawood then called kcmo,

the lady cop went into walmart and got management who stated he had been trying every weekend to run us off... ok i was there for several weekends and he nor any walmart employee ever came out to ask us to leave... though after that night i would not be surprised if we are called on everytime... a few people littered, pucked and were plain acting stupid wanting to do cart races and so forth

anyways one of my reg crew members was talking to the officers, i have not yet talked to him about what was said, hopefully this week we will see him and find out...

as sideshowbob stated my husband and i are hosting a tech meet the 19th, all are invited... sideshow is the only one to respond to it...it is potluck style, bring your parts, we will find a way to get them on so long as weather and time permits... i started a thread on it and bumped it for everyone to read... gives more details...

anyways, im sure we will be out in hubbys nx sometime this weekend considering the kids are going to ball game sunday and fishing sat. so we can stay out with np...

later,

holly

Goose93

Sounds like this weekend will be nice. I know I will be heading out in the evenings, but i haven't found anything to do during the days yet.

Any events going on this weekend? shows, auto-x, track days, canyon runs...

Is anybody thinking of coming up to the volleyball club before heading to Target? This way I am not standing outside waiting with my thumb in my nethers.

I can only imagine getting to Target before ~10:30 as a really bad idea.

Dano

ill try to make it out there at least one of the days, may bring some of my usual buddies. and of course we'll be out at target like always.

-Dan

keepingthe240

I can stop by target @ 12:30 on friday night again. I gotta know where you'll be and a way to know who is who.

freakonaleash1187
Car: '93 300ZX N/A, '97 200SX SE

i will be out most likely with dan. hopefully i can stay out till after midnight again.

Goose93

I will be getting there around 9pm. Z will most likely be in the south end of the parking lot.

Shawnee Mission Beach Volleyballhttp://www.smbv.com/facilities.htm2 miles west of 435 on Johnson Dr. Across from Mid-America Softball fields

Talked to a few more Z guys this morning at the Ferrari event, so we will see who comes out.

Good Food...Nice scenery...and the owner likes us so far.

Dano

as said last night, ill be there, haha i was gonna go this morning with Ryan (E30 Alpina replica) but when i got up, i decided that sleeping off a headache felt better, lol

see ya tonite:) ...maybe u can help me put my wing on the right way?;)

-Dan

keepingthe240

I was @ target last night around 12:30. All i saw was the 4 neons parked by each other. Any idea if anyone is showing up @ target or 24 hour fitness??

laylu
Car: spending time with my kids, cars, computers,

i know we stopped by at target, and there were people there, but that was like 10:30, we left and went to 24 hr fitness waiting for others reg members of our crew, then we left from there, not sure about anyone else, i know a few went with over at about the same time we did but otherwise cant account for anyone else.

holly

Goose93

If it stays dry, my Z loves this cool weather.

Weather permitting I was thinking of starting my night at the Old Chicago @ 119th & Metcalf.

Return to “Midwest Region”