KANSAS CITY MEET May 22nd!!!

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
keepingthe240

You ever go to any of the http://www.kccivic.org performances?? Most of them are free. 4th of july performance might charge a fee. Your girl would love it. He is a break down. 1 bmw,1 honda civic, 1 g35,1 z32, i think there was a q45, and 6 240sx. Mine was the only 240 without rims. I left maybe 5:30, after that who knows what happen. Everyone was just standing around like they where in a grocery store parking lot and none of the hoods were up. I would expect bbq,chairs to sit in,a tent to sit under. If we plan again, lets make it mousecreek and everyone can bring some food and what not. Since it's going to get hot soon, we can always plan it at someones house. I'm just checking.....is anyone going to the import race @ kcir?? I go on sundays(the last 2 yrs) to see the naked girls and the bike stunt riders. I've seen a few 300 club members(240z with v8 and procharger 350z) racing.But, i've never seen a single 240sx race or even in the parking lot the last 2 yrs. Oh well!!

T-Hoe
Car: cars, computers, working out, *****es

Yes I do! My girl (Lori Kennedy) plays percussion in the Civic Orchestra. The concert I went to last Saturday night was the Puccini Festival and a lot of the band members from Civic play in it. Actually, I went out with the orchestra members up at Westport (Harry's) after their concert last Saturday night. Cool bunch of people.

I plan on going the KCIR Sport Compact thing this summer. I showed my car the last two years up there.

keepingthe240

I was at the concert(yardley hall) on saturday. Oh man,there was a girl that looked so cute(in my opionion). I even moved a few times during intermition to get a good look. I think she was looking at me also. She was playing the violin in the front row closes to the mic and had blonde hair with glasses. She seems to be real shy and was on stage during the intermition.

T-Hoe

Funny! I was there also...don't remember the hot violin chick..

keepingthe240

Was your girl playing the drums on the right side?? All three of them were "jaw dropping" The blonde playing the last set was the cutiest. The "hot chick" you would never think was hot,but i thought was. I would compare her to the girl on the school bus with the gummy bears in her pocket in the movie.. ferris bulers day off. Without the thick glasses, of course

T-Hoe

Yeah, the taller blonde one wearing the black dress was my girl playing percussion. The other blonde is her roommate playing the timpani and she was wearing the black capri pants. I could've introduced you to her roommate if I knew you sooner, but unfortunately she has a new boyfriend. They might know that other violinist though.

Real cool bunch of girls.

freakonaleash1187
Car: '93 300ZX N/A, '97 200SX SE

this was my first meet so i just went along with the flow. we need to have a lot more cars. there was probably more nissan's at state line later than night than there was at the meet.

keepingthe240

Was there another meet on stateline??

housecor
Car: 2007 Diamond Graphite M35 S

2003 Nissan Maxima SE Titanium Edition 6-speed - Sold.

Yeah, what's this about state line? Did I miss 2 events in one day? :confused:

blackx
Car: Stikfas

State line is just another spot in this area where a bunch of people(cars\trucks\bikes) meet on the weekends. I like how a lot of people are quick to crack comments on the quality of the meet but never step forward to either get a meet going or help improve the quality of the meet.I would say the meet did not have a great turnout but the few(4) people that did stay and chit chat were all pretty damn cool.

freakonaleash1187

just go up to stateline friday and saturday and there will always be people up there, but sometimes we get kicked out. i will most likely be up there and i know dan is up the almost always. i stayed throughout the whole meet and it was cool to sit around and talk.

housecor
Car: 2007 Diamond Graphite M35 S

2003 Nissan Maxima SE Titanium Edition 6-speed - Sold.

So where on State Line? I'm guessing somewhere near 435?

keepingthe240

blackx wrote:State line is just another spot in this area where a bunch of people(cars\trucks\bikes) meet on the weekends. I like how a lot of people are quick to crack comments on the quality of the meet but never step forward to either get a meet going or help improve the quality of the meet.I would say the meet did not have a great turnout but the few(4) people that did stay and chit chat were all pretty damn cool.

I would full heartly say that you should of showed up at layla meet(mod party) last month. I came directly from work and damn it i would of brought food if i came from home. Did i ask what i was supposed to bring?? And layla was going to an aniversary party for a close friend. For a first meet...it was ok I left with layla early on saturday 'cause i had to network with a few street racers to see if they could help me work on my car and i was starving!! It'll be better next time....

laylu
Car: spending time with my kids, cars, computers,

well hubby and i are looking to host a mod party in June, we are trying to set a weekend up, if anyone has any suggestions let me know and we will put it down, final date will be decided by the end of this month, again we will be doing the bbq, if you are definetely coming bring something please, i cant feed the whole world, also in July we are having a big 4th party, all are welcomed, we will be having a bonfire/weinie roast, bring a chair, blanket and food to cook for yourselves on that one, we will be putting on a big fireworks display, we compete with our neighbors almost every year, and ours is the best on the block, my hubby will be setting off the fireworks with maybe one-two helpers, anyways, you can bring your own fireworks as well, just thought we would give a headsup on all that we are planning, if anyone has any ideas for any of it please let me know, later

Holly

keepingthe240

Oh...and who was trying to get the 240s to go to the import race @kcir '02 and '03 for a meet?? Me...all me!! No one showed up!! Who was trying to get a meet in march '04??? Me... 2 years ago i tried to get a meet started....everyone get the point?? I saw the meet as a bunch of strangers standing around. I'd rather kick back and network. Those that stuck around to the end....your cool in my book.

blackx

Quote »Mine was the only 240 without rims[/quote]

Really? Did you show up on a flat bed or something? I dont know you(since you didnt stay long enough) so I dont know the point your trying to get by w/ that comment but to me it sounds like your trying to say everyone else just had aftermarket wheels(for the bling factor) and that it.

First lets get the facts straight on your comment. Only half of the 240's that showed up had aftermarket wheels the rest all had stock so your wrong. Heck even the 240 w/ the CA18DET\silvia conversion had stock wheels if I recall correctly. If you would have stayed longer maybe you would discovered that there was a lot more then just wheels on some of those 240's.

Also w/ your comments about you trying to get meets going a couple of years ago matters d_ck right now. Its not 2 years ago, the 240 scene in this area is small now and was pretty much non-existant a couple years ago, Heck I remember 4 years ago I remeber only seeing one other modified 240.

The last decent sized 240 meet we had was a couple years ago that started at KCIR and the reality of that meet was most of the people that showed were not even really from this area. Dont get me wrong the people that show at that meet had some decent cars, like that SR pulsar was badass.

Quote »I saw the meet as a bunch of strangers standing around. I'd rather kick back and network. [/quote]

Your correct a bunch of us were strangers at the beginning of the day but the ones that stayed ended up kicking back and networking so we all know each other now. Now when the next meet pops up it wont be so odd at first, we will know each other and everything will go smoother. Looks like you should have stayed and networked. :)

freakonaleash1187

thats why i don't think it went that well because most of the people didn't know each other. after a couple of more meets the probably will start getting better. the silvia conversion was pretty sweet, but will get even better when he fixes his rings because if you saw him get up into higher revs, there was just big puffs of smoke coming out of his exhuast from the oil.

blackx

Quote »if you saw him get up into higher revs, there was just big puffs of smoke coming out of his exhuast from the oil.[/quote]

I was right behind when you guys took off from the light and it filled my car with all that smoke. I choking and yaked for the next 2 blocks :D and his car is still faster then mine :mad:

keepingthe240

Correction....my car was the only car with hubcaps. If i slap some s13 se wheels on it,i would consider them rims. And yes it was akward. I should of interduced myself to everyone or found out who was who. If i stayed it would of been different. The meet at layla's last month, i was the only other person there and the person that started that thread "zo816 " never showed up. Yeah..i remember hearing about that meet. Lewis or who ever never posted the info of the meet on 240sx.org(before they switched to nico) everyone was scattered on freshalloy,zilvia and what not. And no one posted anything about the 240-midwest board so anyone can find a meet. lol..i even emailed lewis yrs ago and didn't get a responce. I will admit, i have a chip on my shoulder. but i had to vent to remove it. I'm ok now.

Anyone know a chad that lives off 105th and grandview rd?? What ever happen to him openning the speed shop in march '03

freakonaleash1187

we were about the same speed. did you see that z32 tt after the meet blackx? that thing was sweet.

freakonaleash1187

good to see you joined nico. we can always use more z32 people on here. i would love to do autocross or circuit but i don't think i could afford the brakes and tires.

ca18det_boy

hey goos where are you located at?

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Goos93, Glad u made it here:) I'm Dan, with the grey/purple S14 in my sig. Hopefully u remember me:pface Anyways, NO MORE bickering about the meet is allowed, and for reference... A meet will almost ALWAYS be 'ackward' with strangers because its just that... a 'meet' ... where u get to 'meet' new ppl... but yeah, thanks to every1 who stuck around, and Bob, sorry you didn't enjoy yourself, good luck to you with that hotshot header u have, i hope u can use it:)

anyways, i'm still computerless but if u see my car up at stateline or sheridans come up and say hey:)

-Dan

SilviaSativa
Car: '93 240sx

Almost made it to the meet! Thankfully Aaron, Aaron, and his little bro came out to help with the swap! I probably would have been stuck on the clutch still, if they didn't come all the way out here. Tried to rush the swap so I could attend the meet, and we ran into lots of problems. Next time!

Dan, Sheridan's as in Sheridan's Frozen Custard? Where at? I used to work there, I hate that place, they fired me...bastards.

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

yeah, sheridan's custard. on 135th/murlen and the 119th/metcalf. me and my friends frequent both but usually the 135th one on fri/sat nights and the 119th if we actually go for the custard (not many cars meet up there)

-Dan

keepingthe240

It's understandable the first meet is almost always akward. The second meet shouldn't though and we can make an effert to make it less akward. Thanks for the mountain dew and interducing your self to me. There is a club race @ heartlandpark http://www.hpt.com http://www.kcrscca.org next sat-sunday. I don't know if they charge a fee to attend. You can always be a worker and get in free. I'm glad some ppl from z-club are coming over. Maybe we can get attend a few of there meets. There are a few other cruise nights listed in the kc star. Any thoughts on attending some of them?? Also..someone from a different forum was trying to plan a drift event in kc. Any interest?? Layla... Any new info on your swap party?? I'll email you when i catch up with everything. I did find some spots to street race.One spot is maybe 1/8 with no traffic and cops won't bother us unless they are parked there filling out reports for the night.

blackx

Quote » Also..someone from a different forum was trying to plan a drift event in kc. Any interest??[/quote]

I find this kind of crazy since we cannot even get a decent turnout for a 240 meet let alone have a drift event. I hope they label this a drift event in the means of a practice and learn situation and not some kind of judged event. This area is so not ready for a judged drift event. Do you mind post where you heard this from since I would like to keep track of its progress and possibly provide positive feedback on to the situation.

ca18det_boy

hey no prob brett, we'll get it taken care of soon enough. Just let me know what we can do. Dan you need to keep in touch with your homies man! Same goes for Ryan, anywho yeah lets try to get another meet going sometime in the somewhat near future!

laylu
Car: spending time with my kids, cars, computers,

we are hosting a mod/meet party at our house on June 19th, i have a new thread started for it if anyone is interested, starting at noon until whenever...you can look at it for the details, anyways, hope you guys are interested, we are thinking even if no one does any mods or after working on the cars, we can cruise kc and surrounding areas and maybe hit some local spots throughout the evening/night, also dan if you can emial me, ill send you my cell number or vice versa, later

Holly

keepingthe240

http://www.kcrx7club.com/modul...t=268 I saw it on the kc autocross board months ago..It seems to be dead in the water months ago. I know of a good parking lot but we would need cones, i'm guessing. Lot is fences off and there has been a few auto cross events held there.

Return to “Midwest Region”