KA24DE into R32

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
480sx
Car: 1996 Pearl White 240sx

Yea you got me pegged dude. Have a good one, until next thread kid.

Heres your bridge btw.

You need a lot more water, and i really need a reason to bother. God damn thats a lot of work.
Modified by 480sx at 6:43 PM 8/2/2009

dray3OOO
Car: 90 rb20 hatch HKS everythang
77 corolla stroke 2tg 40mm mikunis

damn this is a good thread, both of you guys had good points. you should stop fussin and combine those thoughts. alot of useful info. so kisss and make up lol. no ****

mattheripper
Car: 1990 GTS-T

Mainly did the reverse of an rb20 into a s13. Fuel pump is working. ECU is getting power and power for memory or whatever. Engine cranks over. I'm getting spark. And fuel to the rail. I'm getting code 55. Timing should be fine as it wasn't touched in taking it out of the 240 or putting it in my car. I know I'm close.

So I have done rows 2,3,4. Would row 1 keep it from starting. So is row 1 JUST for the rb into s13 to get it to turn over. Because then I doesn't matter that I didn't do it because mine turns over? Might just be something wrong with the engine. Anyone free free to help.

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

so your getting fuel to the rail, and spark. are your injectors firing? if you have spark and fuel you should at least get it to sputter. what is code 55?

KA FTW im stoked on your project. let see some pictures

mattheripper

motoman399 wrote:so your getting fuel to the rail, and spark. are your injectors firing? if you have spark and fuel you should at least get it to sputter. what is code 55?

KA FTW im stoked on your project. let see some pictures
When I was working on it last night, I was getting power to all the injectors. But from everything else I checked, it didn't seem like I was getting fuel. So I pulled off the rail enough that I could see for myself if they were doing there job. At this point it was getting harder to crank over, either the battery was getting tired or the starter is going. Anyways I saw the number 1 injector squirt a LITTLE bit, but NOTHING like I would expect it has to. Also I didn't see anything out of the other three. This came out of my friends running 240 so it doesn't make sense to me that things just don't work. Although it was taken out of his car about 1.5 years ago. Could I be missing an important ground? Because the brown plug out of the small side of the ECU plug is plugged into nothing. Code 55 is basically everything is good code, from what I understand. I'm going to try new plugs and wires, as spark seems weak at best.

Don't rag on the drift spares or unfinished hoodvent lol. Car is unfinished haha.This is also my ka-t donor car, should be 280hp capable with my rsenthalpy.

mattheripper

I maybe need to add, that everything emissions wise is gone. The only thing things remaining on my intake manifold plenum part is vacuum for brake booster, and a vacuum I left for my boost gauge and different things(capped off for now).

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

dude it looks sweet, your doing a good job.
mattheripper wrote:I maybe need to add, that everything emissions wise is gone. The only thing things remaining on my intake manifold plenum part is vacuum for brake booster, and a vacuum I left for my boost gauge and different things(capped off for now).
ya i dont know what part those play in the fuel category. im assuming that you are using an s13 ecu? you should check the ohms between the ecu and the injectors. and also make sure when the key is on they have constant power "+" to one side of them. the ecu sends a ground signal for them to kick open.

new plugs and wires never hurt

Noxy
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX
1992 NX2000
2004 Sentra Spec V

Haha. Hey, I just ordered that crossmember from you! I forgot I subscribed to this thread... I might have to buy a few more parts to help you out with your build! Anyway, good luck!

mattheripper

Noxy wrote:Haha. Hey, I just ordered that crossmember from you! I forgot I subscribed to this thread... I might have to buy a few more parts to help you out with your build! Anyway, good luck!
Thanks man. You definitely should. Hurry though, I'm off to Korea in less than 2 weeks and I'll be gone for two years haha.

I was just looking at my daily 240 and noticed something is backwards on my Skyline...I'm headed out to the shop now. Hopefully my stupidity is the culprit, and I haven't wrecked anything in the meantime.

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

You need to wire that plug in order for the motor to start Those two should be what you need. I made the same mistake when i did a sohc to dohc ka swap.

Orange–Ignition startBlack—Ground

Wiring those two should get you starting up if all else is well. What did you wire the 2 plugs in the engine bay going towards the headlights to?

mattheripper

hmmm a lot has happened.
Nutshell:
S13 Ka24det
Stock till she blows
Holset He341
Megasquirt diypnp
13psi screamer
Sounds not ka
s13 full suspension

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Well? :gotme

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”