KA24DE into R32

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
480sx
Car: 1996 Pearl White 240sx

The RB20 has a FCW crank.

You are a retard is all i really am trying to prove. I think you(and me) have done a great job.

If im a waste of your time, you better get a life.

Proven? What the hell do i have to prove? Your the one making ridiculous claims that the RB20 is a crappy motor. Retarded. Dynos? Pictures? WTF?!?! You want me to spray some RB20 sauce all over your face until you love it? I dont feel the need to educate tools like yourself.

Bigvinnie
Car: 2004 Nissan Frontier desert Runner, 2014 Nissan Titan

480sx wrote:
Proven? What the hell do i have to prove? Your the one making ridiculous claims that the RB20 is a crappy motor. Retarded. Dynos? Pictures? WTF?!?! You want me to spray some RB20 sauce all over your face until you love it? I dont feel the need to educate tools like yourself.
Prove It B#tch. Whip the sauce out! Do it ! All people want now from your sh$t talk is proof!

Throw out any dyno queen dyno numbers of a RB20det, and I'll whip out a Dyno queen dyno number of a KA24det that makes more power.
Modified by Bigvinnie at 11:10 PM 7/24/2009

480sx

Keeping rubber bands tight at the top of your scrotum increases your sexual prowess and overall size.

Razi
Car: Moo

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

keep this going..this is entertaining..fighting with the kiddies again hippy!...lol..sick em hippy sick em.

Bigvinnie

liquid_cool wrote: keep this going..this is entertaining..fighting with the kiddies again hippy!...lol..sick em hippy sick em.
Do you like holding 480sx's d!ck?
480sx wrote:
Maybe you should 'get out' and see these 'little hondas' putting down a 'gazillion hp' with a b or k series with a massive snail spinning to 9-10 grand and running sub 10 second passes pushing 1000 crank hp like its their job. Or maybe you should talk about how revs dont do s*** for spool to the guy running a 4000 hp 4 cylinder funny car taching out to 15g or so.
Honda's are still one in a few that can actually MAKE 1000WHP, after you spend 10+ grand on the engine. On any realistic level you can propel anything to 1000 hp if you have the money for it. Let me guess, Ivan has a 900 HP KA and has probably spent less money on that then what most Honda B and K series tuners have done. Doesn't that KA redline at 8.5K with a higher rated springs and lighter valves?

With added displacement it takes less rev to achieve higher numbers. If you think an extra 1000RPM of rev helps justify a 2.0 liter engine over a 2.4 liter engine with 1000RPM less rev you are highly mistaken.

One huge problem with the RB20det in stock form is Turbo add on's and the biggest complaint of what people call turbo lag.

It will cost less money to build a KA24det to make better numbers than any 2.0 liter engine. Why? Because it takes less energy to make more power.

granted the RB20det can hold a higher HP rating than the KA24det because it has added pistons, and rods, of coarse it will hold more power. But if you want to put it on an efficiency scale per cylinder the KA24 holds down more power at 400HP than the RB20 does at 550HP.
Modified by Bigvinnie at 11:44 AM 7/27/2009

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

dude...relax..it was sarcasim...when people get conerd like rats..they throw personal attacks..insted of info...i was just lightening up yuor fight..with humor...smoke a dub man..and pop a valume to take the blood pressure down a bit..have fun..life is to short...now with that said...dont keep it persona l and let the games begin..

Bigvinnie

liquid_cool wrote:dude...relax..it was sarcasim...when people get conerd like rats..they throw personal attacks..insted of info...i was just lightening up yuor fight..with humor...smoke a dub man..and pop a valume to take the blood pressure down a bit..have fun..life is to short...now with that said...dont keep it persona l and let the games begin..
My bad I read you wrong. I could use a beer for sure and a shot of tequila.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

lol you two always argue. it makes me giggle

480sx

Lol i have fun with this kid. I dont even consider this an argument, its just me ripping him up. Really just a waste of time but damn is it fun when im in the mood. Hes retarded AND an as$hole, so making fun of him really doesnt make me feel bad at all.

K VALUES YO. K VALUES.
Bigvinnie wrote:
I could use a beer for sure and a shot of tequila.
I think a shot of penor would work way better for you.

I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THAT AVATARD! (man i hope i just invented that word..[Nah urban dictionaries got it, but its got lame definitions. Your picture/description as an example next to my word for life Vin])
Modified by 480sx at 8:43 PM 7/29/2009

ReDsT@R DRiFt@R
Car: 92 240sx FB

Have you ever seen "The Drift Truck". Drifttruck.com is the website this dude made a Turbo 4G63 D50 dodge pick up with top stacks behind the cab. Check it out it's sick any thing is possible. I don't like the color of it. Maybe he has some ideas to help it if it's still not running/rolling.

Bigvinnie

480sx wrote:Lol i have fun with this kid. I dont even consider this an argument, its just me ripping him up. Really just a waste of time but damn is it fun when im in the mood. Hes retarded AND an as$hole, so making fun of him really doesnt make me feel bad at all.

K VALUES YO. K VALUES.

I think a shot of penor would work way better for you.

I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THAT AVATARD! (man i hope i just invented that word..[Nah urban dictionaries got it, but its got lame definitions. Your picture/description as an example next to my word for life Vin])
Meeh I'm done chatting with you on any level Your just an internet shEt talker and a p&ssy. Your probably a coward in person that gets d!ck slapped anyway. I'm 30 years old how old are you gaytard? I own 3 businesses, your probably struggling for a job right now sucking c*** just to get by.You provided no proof of NOTHING and that's why I'm done chatting you, you are less constructive than I am. You ripping me up? Thats a joke and a half, no proof, no nothing, and you continually went off the subject. It actually makes you a selfish baboon. You are the child with ridiculous idea's of RB20det's being cheaper than KA24dets builds, and being effecient enough to make more power, on your own assumptions. Again No proof from you, you lose, your a coward, a loser, a piece of sh$t on my shoe's.You don't even know s*** about K, CAS or any type of value, you say I talk about as if it is some kind of daily occurrence, or something.If I typed out the theoretical injector pulse width equation for you wouldn't even understand it, that's how frustrated you are. You bolt things on and think your some kind of genius when in reality your nothing, just another piece of crap, with his own misguided frustrations.Your pathetic mind will continue to think that the RB20det is superior as an engine in any way just because it has RB stamped on it. It was the beginning of an evolution that had continually been redefined, and improved upon. The RB20det was teh worst of all the RB's and has been in existence longer than before the KA24 was built. Older engineering doesn't make the RB a better engine, it doesn't make it a superior engine. It's just old, outdated, and needed much room for serious improvement. Just like you, you old FART.

BTW you started this argument, because your the one that's been riding my nuts, and having a hard on for some god awful reason. Well if you like riding my nuts come a little closer so I can give you a good TEABAGGIN.

Modified by Bigvinnie at 11:21 AM 7/30/2009

Rod Slider

One needs to read to get knowledge, so out of an arguing group the one whom is informed and well read has the upper hand. And the only way to validate that is to have proof! No proofy no believey. And yes, Vinnie your info on the SR vs KA head was pretty close to spot on. If revs=high HP then how the hell have OG v8's been doing it?!?!!

480sx

Im 24 kid.

Again, can you go over exactly what i need to prove, or maybe even go into why i need to prove it?

Your just wrong dude. Wrong. If your wrong, your not going to post here without me blasting you because false BS information PISSES ME OFF. This is a Gdamn tech forum, and we get nonsense like a lot of your posts here. Again, research the crap you post before you post it and we wont have any problems(actually thats probably not true).

If you can find evidence of why the RB20 is a crappy motor, i would love to see it. That was your 'argument' from the start. Thats why i ripped into you, you got derailed and embarrassed yourself.

Bigvinnie

480sx wrote: If you can find evidence of why the RB20 is a crappy motor, i would love to see it. That was your 'argument' from the start. Thats why i ripped into you, you got derailed and embarrassed yourself.
This is why your 24, because you didn't see the evidence that was in front of your face. Your fake EGO precedes you. Your stuck to believe that the RB20 is a better engine because....1.) your dumb2.) you believe what Nissan tells you when in 1988 The godzilla of all engines was the RB20, which it was then, definitely not now. You must of just been 6 years old when that engine came out...LOL

You have little to no experience in touge,autoX, touring or most motorsports for that matter to understand that rev doesn't mean sh$T and is one of the smallest aspects looked at in a race engine. I can tell that from your young dumb age, and lack of inexperience on a racetrack, you mention comments about rev meaning anything to the equivalent of HP. You will defenitely not hit 7000 to 9000RPM most of the time you are doing any of these event's.The RB20 will get smoked in uphill battles against most other engines built for the hills. SR and KA alike will both smoke an RB20 up hill and sideways. An RB20 is a heavy cast iron block, heavier than the KA and you want to tow that sh%t in a up hill battle?The dispute with the RB25det atleast is that it has more power behind it with less boost and larger displacement.

You've never driven an RB20det and I can tell because your lack of providing information has failed you. You have made yourself the a** clown, in which I have not been derailed and have stuck to the point of the matter.

Everything is relative to cost and value. Displacement in the motorsports world tends to make things a little cheaper when you want HP on your side.I have years of experience in the KA enough to talk about it. I'll even let you know it's downsides and it's perks. You on the other hand have null experience in dealing with an RB20det and shouldn't even have room to talk. If your going to talk smack, back it up. If not don't say anything at all.

So have you owned an RB? Do you have proof ownign an RB? Can you discuss anything about the RB? If not go home an dbecome a lerker, your high post count shows that in ways that you annoyed most of us in this thread, you probably spout your non sence other places as well. POST WHORE.
Modified by Bigvinnie at 8:25 PM 7/30/2009

dray3OOO
Car: 90 rb20 hatch HKS everythang
77 corolla stroke 2tg 40mm mikunis

ok its simple and im gonna try and end this thread

-you wanna put a ka in a r32 = thats fine your money your time.

- usss guys on the forum dont agree = our opinion so expect flaming

- when you post on any forum your gonna get critics and comments= no need to argue about it

- to swap a stright 6 for a 4 banga?= just say that in your a head do you see chevy guys trading v8's for v6 even if it can make more power?

-ka is a great motor = but stock for stock the rb has the better platform hands down the motor was built for performance back in 88 and has came along way and still here by the way, it has a decent head its just need help in the fuel map area and some head work, the ka has a great head and a sturdy block makes great torque and when turbo'ed the powerband is crazy!! like i said stock for stock, i love both motors and worked on both heads. i would have to say for autox, grip ka hands down for drag and high end power rb hands down they have to much upstairs for the ka.

-when it comes down to head i would have to rank the rb20 series as the weaker, because it has poorly shaped ports and compared to the ka head which was biult for effiecency and better gas milage your gonna get better flow and the ka head is just more consistent. the ka is qiuck and to the point and the rb20 just adds tons of air and let the fuel catch up that why you get some lag out of them.

-both trannys can handle about the same power

- and rb20's are relatively cheap = and now there popular so there is a little better performance backround and parts are available you can actually pick up 1 for a 1100 or even cheaper if you get lucky.

-i would buy a rb20 in a heartbeat..great sound, good power, easy swap, and relativey in expensive= ka just as cheap as a rb, great torque, can source at any local junkyard

- and ya both sound like some b****es!

and lastly... its your car if you wanna dropp the ka in there go right ahead. your still goin get some type of flamming.... have a nicce day

Modified by dray3OOO at 12:11 AM 7/31/2009
Modified by dray3OOO at 12:46 AM 7/31/2009

480sx

Bigvinnie wrote:Your stuck to believe that the RB20 is a better engine because....1.) your dumb2.) you believe what Nissan tells you when in 1988 The godzilla of all engines was the RB20, which it was then, definitely not now. You must of just been 6 years old when that engine came out...LOL
You have a reading comprehension deficiency.

I never EVER said the rb20 was a better engine. I have built so many Ka-T's and i love them. Iv have never messed with a RB20, but Brian has while he was deployed. He knows all about the awesomeness that is RB20 power.

Its funny how many times iv had to repeat the same things because you dont comprehend them. Im going to do my best to break this down.
Bigvinnie wrote:1.) your dumb2.) you believe what Nissan tells you when in 1988 The godzilla of all engines was the RB20, which it was then, definitely not now. You must of just been 6 years old when that engine came out...LOL
Then you give us this gem. So you call me dumb as number one.

For number two, you say that i believe what nissan has told me in 1988 that the RB is the godzilla of all motors. I remember those days, 3 years old. I was pretty deep into the tuner scene at that point. Hype kid, like so many others.

But thats after you have also said this.
Bigvinnie wrote:You obviously don't get out much. Rev doesn't mean s*** for spool. Go back to school and learn about thermal dynamic principles. it's about heat transfer which infact an engine with larger displacement will transfer more heat, thus creating faster spool. Rev range doesn't mean s***! If it did you would see little honda engines making a gazillion HP. All rev is an equivelant too is top speed, with the extended range of the RB it will go faster with the same gearing that it shares to the KA.
Dude, i really dont even want to touch that paragraph. It is strait wrong, every sentence. Stuff like that should just instantly combust when posted on the internet.
Modified by 480sx at 8:41 AM 7/31/2009

Bigvinnie

480sx wrote:Dude, i really dont even want to touch that paragraph. It is strait wrong, every sentence. Stuff like that should just instantly combust when posted on the internet.
Touch it. Word for word super tuner extremist. Prove something with your awesomeness then, and stop being a ****.The KA is infact one of the slowest rotating engines. It is a stroker, however it will spool a turbo faster than an RB20. You can put a bigger turbo on a KA than you could an RB20 and it will spool, with less lag involved. One because the head design is more efficient, and two because it has additional displacement. It will spool better and smaller turbo's will spool faster, there's more than just heat involved, there is displacement, ignition timing, pulse width, and even exhaust pipe diameter that also play large factors.

Bigvinnie

dray3OOO wrote:
- to swap a stright 6 for a 4 banga?= just say that in your a head do you see chevy guys trading v8's for v6 even if it can make more power?
try telling that to Z32 guys swapping sr20det's in over VG30's. I mean I could see how it overall changes curb weight. But there is no point to having less displacement. Atleast the point of the KA is more displacement. Parts in the states are easy to get, the aftermarket support for the KA is getting huge. the RB20 has it's aftermarket support as well, but then you have to consider that you are buying 2 more of everything from valve train, to bottom assembly, and that is inevitably going to cost more money than a 4 banger with larger displacement.

480sx

Your an arrogant ignorant fool who is insulting me while asking me to teach him things.

I dont have s*** to prove. You can figure out why you fail. LMGTFY... Wait, you can just do it yourself.

Bigvinnie

480sx wrote:Your an arrogant ignorant fool who is insulting me while asking me to teach him things.

I dont have s*** to prove. You can figure out why you fail. LMGTFY... Wait, you can just do it yourself.
OHHHH so why not educate everyone else then Mr.24 year old. I know dudes in this forum older than you that would say I am right. You haven't proven anything. Nothing.Your the one that said this was a technical forum, so prove it.You have an ego your only insulting yourself smart a$$. You wanted to talk sh$t so back it up.Again hypothetical question lets say you are using a T25 turbo. Lets say that both the engines are making 280WHP, with 350cc injection. Which engine is spinning the turbo faster at 5000RPM.

ANSWER: The KA24de is spinning the turbo faster because it has larger displacement, it makes peak power earlier in the power band or what is it's natural rev range. It will make peak power at 6000RPM while the RB20 will make peak power at 6500RPM. Your only fooling your self dude.

Just for you sweet tits. You want tech info I'll hand you the equations that explain this.

VOLUME OF AIR "volumetric flow calculation" = engine rpm x engine cid/(1728 x 2)

KA24de volumetric flow efficiency at 5000RPM= 5000X145.79/(1728X2)=210RB20det volumetric flow efficiency at 5000RPM= 5000X121.32/(1728X2)=176RB20det would need 5950RPM (this is to be fair, remember that the RB20det head flows less than the ka24de head so it may actually take 1000RPM more to equal the same spool as the KA24de at 5000RPM), in order to spin a turbo of the same equivalent to that of the KA24de which spins that turbo at 5000RPM. That is 950~1000 more RPM needed to make the same spool which is equal to manifold PSI!!!!!!!!!

As you can see clearly mathematically speaking the KA will spool a T25 faster at 5000RPM than the RB20 would at 5000RPM.

You lose chump.KEEP POST WHORING!!!

Modified by Bigvinnie at 5:56 PM 8/1/2009

480sx

All of this.. somehow.. must back up Venniez point.... that.. the rb20det is the JDM hype sux masta mota that cant hold a kandle too teh ka24det.

As far as the rest of it, no, no you wouldnt find anyone to agree with you on any complete sentence of that paragraph unless they did not understand the terminology of the turbo world. There are points where its clear that you have some knowledge and SOME things you say are technically right. Very, very few things.

But that whole paragraph dude.. Every sentence is just wrong lol. Find someone who can tell me that im wrong about that. You posted information, right? You posted blah blah this and blah blah that. I called you out, saying your wrong you X Y. Now its on you to prove each and every sentence in that paragraph if you care to continue this discussion in a way that proves your not, as i originally set out to prove, a retard.

Age is, for the most part, irrelevant on the internet. Kid.

Bigvinnie

480sx wrote:All of this.. somehow.. must back up Venniez point.... that.. the rb20det is the JDM hype sux masta mota that cant hold a kandle too teh ka24det.
O.K well heres my next point.

Stock for stock the KA24de has a 9.5:1CRRB20det has a 8.5:1CRSo on an efficiency scale the KA is more efficient at atomizing with higher cylinder pressures. This is also an indicator that the KA24de has a higher VE than what the RB20det can dish out.

Also stock for stock the RB20det's redline is within the 8200RPM range ( I am being generously modest with those redline specs because most say redline is 8000RPM) while the ka24de can redline close to 7500RPM redline. This is easily explained from upward piston momentum, the KA's piston speed is obviously faster. Both the RB20det and the KA24de share the same bucket style valve assembly which means that the spring rates between these 2 engine types are very similar. Valve float would be the same which means both of these engines start to show power loses or significant drops in power from peak HP after or at about 7200~7300RPM.So now lets go back to volumetric flow efficiency. It will take the RB20det approximately an additional 1000RPM of rev over the KA to produce the same power output. The RB20det will always be playing catch up because it falls short by about 300~500RPM. So that throws your whole concept of rev theory out the window.

Modified by Bigvinnie at 10:15 PM 8/1/2009

giodachamp
Car: Nissan 240SX S13 (180SX)

Dude i've been following this thread since the beginning and from my point of view, this 480sx guy is just full of bs and can't back up any of his claims. All he do is name call the other guy to back himself up... Full of bs imo.

HeR240
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx coupe

giodachamp wrote:Dude i've been following this thread since the beginning and from my point of view, this 480sx guy is just full of bs and can't back up any of his claims. All he do is name call the other guy to back himself up... Full of bs imo.

480sx

Sucks, i actually took the time last night after i came home to type out a really good reply to that. I erase my replies by accident sometimes.

You 3 are morons lol.

giodachamp
Car: Nissan 240SX S13 (180SX)

480sx wrote:Sucks, i actually took the time last night after i came home to type out a really good reply to that. I erase my replies by accident sometimes.

You 3 are morons lol.
same $h!t everytime, just name calling.lol

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

well i love the ka. and im a fan of the rb. so im not going to get into that. what i do have to say is that 480sx has posted a lot of positive helpful info in the past. and i consider him a reliable source. as for the engines. the only thing that comes to mind to me is more cyl at higher revs makes large numbers. oh and vinnie. those hondas that you say dont make s*** for power. ummm.... your for sure wrong there. and the head flow on most honda's is amazing. my 2 cents no trying to flame anyone or start some dramitic BS.

480sx

giodachamp wrote:
same $h!t everytime, just name calling.lol
In addition to the name calling, there are lot of things that i wrote that you dont comprehend.

A lot of the 'name calling' is actually references to old threads that this kid has made a jackass out of himself on. Hes embarrassed himself on both FA and Nico multiple different times, in multiple different ways. He seems to only be able to learn by making an ***hole out of himself and making people bust his balls until he either shuts up(learns maybe?) or concedes.

Or he will completely disregard the crap he posted and trys to move on because he now knows it was garbage, as he is doing here. Its a waste of my gdamn time. If you say something, cant back it up, you dont get to go onto the next step. This isnt f***ing monopoly, there is no dice roll that allows you to skip ahead. You do not collect 200 dollars, and when you land in failsville you go to jail until you bail yourself out or STFU.

Moto - Thanks, i mean i rarely single out or target people like this but this freaken guy lol.. Im feeding it, no doubt. Its my internet too.
giodachamp wrote:and from my point of view, this 480sx guy is just full of bs and can't back up any of his claims. All he do is name call the other guy to back himself up... Full of bs imo.
So, exactly what claims should i be backing up? Or, lets just start here. What claims have i even made?
Modified by 480sx at 3:21 PM 8/2/2009

Bigvinnie

480sx wrote:
In addition to the name calling, there are lot of things that i wrote that you dont comprehend.

A lot of the 'name calling' is actually references to old threads that this kid has made a jackass out of himself on. Hes embarrassed himself on both FA and Nico multiple different times, in multiple different ways. He seems to only be able to learn by making an ***hole out of himself and making people bust his balls until he either shuts up(learns maybe?) or concedes.
Exactly Old threads, OLD news. Some of the posts I have posted is non sense. Some of my posts were posted as far back as me being 22years old. I'm 30 now dude. Comprehension gets better.I've gone through some of your 4 thousand posts on NICO alone and your not one to boast either man. Atleast I keep my mouth shut when you do F5ck up you definitely aren't close to perfection.

You just don't understand what water under the bridge is yet.Playing GOD will get you in alot of trouble, playing judge, jury and executioner, is only going to piss off alot of people.
480sx wrote:Or he will completely disregard the crap he posted and trys to move on because he now knows it was garbage, as he is doing here. Its a waste of my gdamn time. If you say something, cant back it up, you dont get to go onto the next step. This isnt f***ing monopoly, there is no dice roll that allows you to skip ahead. You do not collect 200 dollars, and when you land in failsville you go to jail until you bail yourself out or STFU.
Nobody cares what is a waste of your time you self absorbed SOB. You need to siphon the good stuff from the bad when you come to the forums, any forum for that matter.
480sx wrote:So, exactly what claims should i be backing up? Or, lets just start here. What claims have i even made?
No your the freak. A freak of nature who is self absorbed, and hard headed. You need to back up this crap talk of yours. I made a comment that the RB20det is basically a piece of crap to the KA24det. Did a pretty good job explaining why. Yet you still have no rebuttal accept accusations towards me that I really don't care for or care to account for.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”