Just home from the dealer...

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
2peaches2oranges
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S

with my new van. It looks all nice and shiny, but what needs to be done to keep it nice and shiny. I saw the dealer peeling off the white plastic sheathing, but did they also wax it? Is that something I should do?

What can I do now to prepare my paint for LoveBug season here in Florida next month?

There is a sticker on my front window that reads TephSeal. Is that paint related?

Thank you!

PrinzII

2peaches2oranges wrote:with my new van. It looks all nice and shiny, but what needs to be done to keep it nice and shiny. I saw the dealer peeling off the white plastic sheathing, but did they also wax it? Is that something I should do?

What can I do now to prepare my paint for LoveBug season here in Florida next month?

There is a sticker on my front window that reads TephSeal. Is that paint related?

Thank you!
TephSeal is a dealer applied paint sealant. Many times, dealerships will sell their sealant packages for an astronomical amount of money (Think 4x what you'd pay for Zaino and almost 10x what you'd pay for Klasse). Problem with them is that you'd have to take it back to the dealer for them to refresh it and that can cost $150 or better each time.

Sealants are designed to protect your paint from a variety of things but Love Bugs, if they are left on the vehicle, can eat right through the sealant and clear. However, some sealants, like Klasse are layerable which adds a greater level of protection.

Return to “Detailing Forum”