Jumpy steering

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Barrels41
Car: Formely 2006 Infiniti M35X

I guess we can put to bed the subject of the relative merits of an Audi A4 vs the G37 and M35. The G37 is like an affordable S4 for the acceleration fans. Just a bit small for my needs. The M35X --- been there done that.

Even though I no longer have an M35x I am still interested in your tire discussion.

The Conti Contact Extremes all seasons were very good on my M. Good traction and much less trammeling. Not as quiet as the P.O.S. RS-As. Reasonable price too. I may get a pair for the A4 when I put the summer P7s to bed. The Michelin Pilot Sports also got a good rating on Tire Rack. Pricey.

The hard core Audi owners insist we buy ultra performance winter tires. I would if I still skied every weekend.

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

Barrels41 wrote:I guess we can put to bed the subject of the relative merits of an Audi A4 vs the G37 and M35. The G37 is like an affordable S4 for the acceleration fans. Just a bit small for my needs. The M35X --- been there done that.

Even though I no longer have an M35x I am still interested in your tire discussion.

The Conti Contact Extremes all seasons were very good on my M. Good traction and much less trammeling. Not as quiet as the P.O.S. RS-As. Reasonable price too. I may get a pair for the A4 when I put the summer P7s to bed. The Michelin Pilot Sports also got a good rating on Tire Rack. Pricey.

The hard core Audi owners insist we buy ultra performance winter tires. I would if I still skied every weekend.
The Conti's are nice. A true all season-still damn good in snow et al. They've come up w/a new ContiExtremeContact, the DWS: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...t+DWS.

Anyone try it yet?

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

You may not have an Infiniti now but you'll be back.

The current lineup has something to meet everyones needs for the most part. Although everyone has an opinion and preexisting biases and aesthetics preference is a love it or hate it with these cars.

Vws have their share of issues but people seem to look past them if they are a true enthusiast. Infinitis are the same way. For every person like Barrels (and other x-owners) there is an Antrzrus, KeninAz, or New2Import. I love the diversity of this group.

Antzrus loathed the way his car was riding and after some initial frustration he found a suitable solution to his problems. The Contis work great for his needs, and the roads in the NW section of the country. The roads in Ny suck already and adding a sensitive car to them might require a different solution.

Tire debates are good fun indeed, I've taken allot from these threads and been able to help many people with Ms who do not venture into the forum but are still desperate for help. So thank you guys.

Barrels41

http://forums.audiworld.com/sh...57499

Discussion of the new Contis.

I may buy them in November. The old Conti's were perfect on snow on my M35X.

Barrels41

I would love to come back to Infiniti when they stretch the G37 to the A4 size and add fold down rear seats. Even just the seats would give me pause to reconsider.

Or maybe the send the FX to World's Biggest Losers and a makeover show.

The Japanese love beauty so where did they get the FX or that new Acura from? Someone should be fired.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Ouch comparing the new Acura lineup which is ghastly to the new FX. When the FX came out in 2002 it looked like nothing else on the road, it continues that tradition.

As a few forum members can attest the new FX may have an interesting look on the outside but once you drive one your perception will change. If you have a chance to drive an FX50 or its little brother you'll get it. The FX actually has quite a large fan base as the other forums show. That is a true love/hate vehicle not only in its dimensions but interesting styling. That is one of those vehicles that you see on a dark highway at night and would not know what it was.

I actually like the new FX but I also liked the old one, the style grew on me, it sticks out from the crowd in stature and performance.

If you dont like the FX there is an EX, it's like a G wagon basically. More interior volume but still the same performance as the G sedan.

The next model should have the 3.7 and I would not be surprised if it was also capable of a ~13.5s 1/4 mile like its awd cousin. That is a very underrated vehicle.

antzrus
Rosewood/XM/Tint/

Barrels41 wrote:http://forums.audiworld.com/sh...57499

Discussion of the new Contis.

I may buy them in November. The old Conti's were perfect on snow on my M35X.
Not much of a discussion-just a statement by a Tire Rack guy-"them's good," etc. I'm gonna' wait until my old Contis are worn down before I spring for them. Some more info will come out as more folks use them. Keep us posted after you get them. My Conti's have about 18 k on them and the damn things still look almost new. Love'em!!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

antzrus wrote:They've come up w/a new ContiExtremeContact, the DWS: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...t+DWS.

Anyone try it yet?
I just put four of these on my 2003 M45 yesterday ... will report on them soon.

Z

antzrus
Rosewood/XM/Tint/

szhosain wrote:
I just put four of these on my 2003 M45 yesterday ... will report on them soon.

Z
But you live in sunny California; no challenge for tires driving there-you just need bullet proof glass...

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

antzrus wrote:But you live in sunny California; no challenge for tires driving there-you just need bullet proof glass...
Very wet in winter (SF Bay Area) though, and I plan a few trips to snow country - Lake Tahoe this year. I can also compare dry weather performance to other tires I have used here ... the roads are pretty bad too, so I should be able to get some reading on noise, etc.

BTW, how will bullet proof glass help tires? ..........Just kidding, of course.

Z

sergio1987
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

I don't know guys...I bought a 2006 M35x just a week ago and the dealer installed brand new goodyear RsA tires... at first it WAS terible...the car was going allover except straight...and than i observed that the there was a writing on the tires"this side facing inwards" therefore the rotation of the tires was wrong. I went back to the dealer, he changed them to "this side facing outwards" and now the car drives PERFECTLY straight.... Of course itwill follow the road...its normal, but I had a acura 3.2 cl type S before and it was even worse...in my opinion there is nthing wrong with the RSA....but maybe because they are just brand new..i don't know...The only isssue that i have is that when im making a sharp turn at very low speed(in a underground parking garage) and then while straightening the wheels (to go straight), about half way through I get a small vibration from the front(tires, or drive shaft, of god knows what....) anyway...do you guys think is because of the RSA or not?!?

burghguy
Car: 2006 M35x

Hello All,

Just joined the forum after lurking for a couple years. The steering/tire discussion finally drew me in. As an owner of a 2006 M35x since 2008, I noticed the slight pull with the OEM tires. Never did like those RSAs, so replaced all 4 last fall as winter approached with the Conti DSWs. After a winter worse than any I can recall in my 45+ year lifetime for sustained snowfall and crappy driving conditions, I can say with certainty that the Conti DSWs are a GREAT choice. The ride improved immeasurably, and the handling in rain and snow has been rock solid. My wife and two young children are in that car just about every day, so wouldn't make such a recommendation with their lives on the line unless I was 100% comfortable. Of course, just for the record...YPMV and I have no affiliation to Infiniti or Conti. Lastly- love my M35x!

Barrels41

I agree. The Contis were very good on my former 2006 M35X. Very good price also. I put four on my wife's 2007 Audi A4 3.2 last November. 18" wheels. They seem a bit soft on that car but feel very safe. She blew two front tires in the last three weeks on huge potholes. I blame NYC not the Contis. I bought road hazard coverage which paid most of the damage.

I wonder if their softness is positive for Infiniti's steering? Maybe the RS-As are very stiff and follow road grooves.

I can't believe Infiniti still has them as OEM. Must have bought 100,000 on contract for $50.00 a tire.

I still like my 2009 Audi A4 with sports package allot more than my M35X. I would take a look at Infiniti when my lease expires in 2012. It's the best of the Japanese luxury group. I think they went down the wrong road on fuel mileage and ride comfort though. At least they look good. Even the FX is better than Acuras.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”