How to JDM Zenki S14 SR20DET swap into a DOHC S13

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
acattackgs

relays only click as you turn the key off, so i dont know what the issue is there. I do have a multi meter so im gonna start troubleshooting in a bit. You happen to know what readings the injectors are supposed to get off the top of your head.

haggard240
Car: haggard s13 with sohc

mestizo wrote:Use should use the harness that matches your particular chassis, but the power plugs in the engine bay are the same on the DOHC and SOHC harness so either can be used. The difference is the interior plugs, but like I stated in the first post you can pretty much color for color match the DOHC and SOHC interior plugs or just get the SOHC interior plug pinout and use that instead of my pinout.
thanks man! this helps me out alot.. i'm still not sure if i'm ready to try this or not yet i'm going to read it more and decide i should be able to do it but we'll see.

mestizo

acattackgs wrote:relays only click as you turn the key off, so i dont know what the issue is there. I do have a multi meter so im gonna start troubleshooting in a bit. You happen to know what readings the injectors are supposed to get off the top of your head.
The injectors see +12 when the key is on thru the red/blue wire.

acattackgs

mestizo wrote:
The injectors see +12 when the key is on thru the red/blue wire.
Injectors are not seeing +12v at the red/blue wire on grey power plug? Its red/blue on chasis side, connecting to green/blue on harness side. I hooked the green blue which wasnt going to anything to the black/red so it would have 12v at key on. Went to fire it up, and still no fuel.

Modified by acattackgs at 2:51 PM 10/22/2009

mestizo

All the connections are on the first post of this thread, instead of asking me questions about which wires and plugs I am talking about just go back over your connections using the diagrams on the first post.

From the sound of what your describing it sounds like the connections are not correct.

felton local
Car: 89 coupe, 91 coupe, 93 hatch w. SR20, 91 jetta (idk why), Benzo 560sec

i have a question about wiring on the grey plug .
when wiring the #2 wire (black/red ignition switch) am i just tapping into the the 2 black/red plugs (38/40) off the interior plug or do i need to also connect the black red wires on the ignition coil relay?
when wiring #3 (red ECU back up power) do i want to connect to just the red wire (pin 24) off the interior plug? or red from interior wire plus the red wires from the ECU relay?
After making the connections can i just cut out the 2 relay's?
thanks

Your write up has been amazingly helpful !

im just trying to get it started . it cranks and turns over normally but im getting no spark, after thinking about it, i never cut any wires off the ECU Relay or the Ignition Relay. i figured that cutting them off the interior plugs would be enough. but i think that this is my problem.

felton local
Car: 89 coupe, 91 coupe, 93 hatch w. SR20, 91 jetta (idk why), Benzo 560sec

so i just realized my interior plug is a little differnent. the 2 black/red wires being Numbers 48 & 40.
48 is supposed to be RED/BLUE, and there is supposed to be a BLACK/RED wire coming from 38 but there is nothing there.

how much is this going to affect me ? the rest of the wires were the same colors from the same spots.

180sxm
Car: 240sx
350z

Mestizo, Can you partesepate in my poste please. I m going to do same swap hopefully

Thanks.

Time_Attack_S13
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx SE HB

I need help ASAP! I'm currently wiring up the grey plug, black plug, and interior plus on my swap. I look at the the wires, and see which wires they should attach to, then separate them and zip tie them, and move onto the next plug. There are a few wires which seem to not go anywhere? I look it up, and those wires seem to be for AC (which I do not need) and the others are wiper stuff. I made a lovely picture to sort of explain lol.

Time_Attack_S13
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx SE HB

Does anyone know if Mestizo is still using this forum? I need help, badly! :(

mortarman

felton local wrote:so i just realized my interior plug is a little differnent. the 2 black/red wires being Numbers 48 & 40.
48 is supposed to be RED/BLUE, and there is supposed to be a BLACK/RED wire coming from 38 but there is nothing there.

how much is this going to affect me ? the rest of the wires were the same colors from the same spots.
Anyone have any info on this? I'm running into the same situation....

Thanks!

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”