J30 Bose Popping and Crackling

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
thinksnow

1993 J30--Bose stereo has started to become unbearable. At any volume, the stereo will pop at a *very* high volume at random intervals. The only fix right now is to turn it off. This is a beater car with 140K miles, so an easy fix is better than a replacement head unit! I already "fixed" the dash lights by hitting the dash (at the dealer's suggestion) and would love for there to be a similar "fix" for the stereo. Thanks.

*edit* I searched the forum and didn't find a relevant thread, so I apologize if this already exists--point me in the right direction.

NISTECH

Its a shame you think of your J as a beater they are pretty nice cars. Your car is more like a z then a max or I. There is no simple fix for the audio pop your poblem lies in the volume control of the radio. go to walmart buy yourself a cheap radio and a couple of cheap speakers that will be your only real fix if you dont want to spend alot of money fixing it up.

thinksnow

Quote »Its a shame you think of your J as a beater they are pretty nice cars.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong--it *was* a nice car but it was two of my siblings' "first car" so it has been mistreated something awful. That's too bad about the stereo--I was hoping it was an amp or something invisible that I could swap out. I think we will go with the Sony Boombox fix (with Mega Bass, of course).

NISTECH

the bose system has an amp at each speaker. it is incorperated into the speaker assembly. it could very well be one of the amps. but you can not just replace it with any old speaker and the speaker/amp is in the 600 to 700 dollar range,each.

I30T
Car: 1998 INFINITI I30T

it does it to me too, but only when i have it up loud.

Bose sucks.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”