iTunes question

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
rebound2
Car: 2017 NISSAN MURANO SLAWD PLATINUM

In my 2017 Murano SLAWD Platinum, all of a sudden after I re-paired the iPhone 6+, when I'm listening to iTunes via Bluetooth and shut off the car, iTunes starts playing through my phone. It didn't used to do that. Is that normal? Before I would have trouble playing iTunes via the Nav screen a lot of the time even if the phone was paired and would have to press play on the phone to get it to play through the car audio system. Is there any way to get it to just stop playing after I shut the car off?

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

When you turn off the car your phone will switch over and continue playing if you pressed the start button again without pressing the brake. The car is in the accessory position. If you did not press the start button the the car should be off. For iPhones it is recommended that you have your phone plugged in via the USB and use Car Play. It offers better control via the Nav touch screen or via Siri. I don’t even bother using Bluetooth. I have a 2017.5 Murano SL and iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB and with my phone plugged in all the time the system works perfectly. You can watch Nissan’s videos on the operation of your system on the Nissan Owners website or You Tube. When all else fails read the manual that came with your car, it explains it all.

Ken

rebound2
Car: 2017 NISSAN MURANO SLAWD PLATINUM

I don't like having to take my phone out of my pocket each time and plug it in via USB cable - I think it's a hassle. Just now when I started out I pressed play on the nav screen and the counter began counting off like a song was playing but no sound. So like always I had to press play on my phone to get sound. It seems to vary every time — sometimes it works fine but usually doesn't. I'll try pressing the brake when turning off the car and see what happens. This kind of scenario isn't covered in the manual - at least not that I can find.

Return to “Murano Forum”